Spectre Gunbarrel ***Spoilers***

Comments

• Shardlake wrote:
    Seriously it's like listening to a broken record, will you please can it, it doesn't mater how many times you bitch and moan about it, it isn't going to change.

You really are sad bunch of people if this causing you so much heartache, all of Pierce Brosnan's films had gun barrels at the beginning but if I could have sacrificed the GB to actually see a decent film I'd have done it in a heartbeat instead we get 4 films with the GB and their all pretty sub standard or worse, if Skyfall is as classic as it's been made out to be and there is no GB at the beginning then so fucking be it!

Well, theres nothing wrong will everyone talking about it. If we do that, eon might get it noticed. They need to know that the fans are not happy or they might continue to add it to the end. Saying onthing will get you nowhere. I know we cannot make them change it or start adding the gun barrel to the begining, but where not exactly going to keep quite about it are well. I am one of many that is very sad by it. It will take a while to sink in im afraid.
  • Shardlake wrote:
    I give up and I'm keeping out of this thread because I'm afraid of what I might say.

Well, this is a gun barrel thread and we are talking about it in the wrong place?
  • JamesCraig wrote:
    JamesCraig wrote:
    Skyfall has:

M
    Q
    Aston Martin
    Walther PPK
    Chicks
    Exotic locations
    Big action sequences
    Bond, James Bond

And we might even get the Shaken, Not Stirred.

But noes, teh gb is not at teh start, let's organize ourselvez befour dis movie comez out in da cinemahs. It'll be da flopperz!

You're being an ass.

I'll certainly be seeing it, nd it sounds like it's going to be incredible (hooray!!), but I am disappointed.

We have a right not to be satisfied with every little piece of the movie without being harassed. It's the 50th anniversary and many of us wanted the movie to begin the same way a Bond film began in cinemas 50 years ago.

Is that really worth all your venom?

Thank you.

No it's not going to ruin the film, which looks great, but yeah, some of us are upset about it.

If all you people who have been moaning really don't care, how about you just leave this thread instead of being a dick and taking the piss out of everyone who does?

My point it that there's sillyness going on ony because ONE guy tweeted it. The fact that it's not even mentioned in the reviews I read doesn't make me so sure that it's not in the beginning.

And if you can't stand different opinions, you shouldn't be on a forum in the first place. I've been here longer than you are and I hope I know what's accepted and what's not.

You don't have to call me a dick.

Not just one guy, Ive asked many reviewers and it is certainly at the end, a place where no one gives a shit about. Such a pointless idea.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,661
    I added a second post to my original MGM Facebook message:

"For what it's worth there are many people posting on forums complaining about the gun barrel scene being at the end of the new James Bond film, which, strictly speaking, is kind of an insult to the original films - those made before Barbara Broccoli and MG Wilson took over. Seeing as MGM co-finances the films perhaps they can at least consider approaching Eon to put the gun barrel at the beginning of the film - this is the correct position for the film. If the distributors can hold off a few days before sending the films out to the cinemas (in the UK) there is enough time to re-edit the film and stick the gun barrel at the front. I'm sure the editor of Skyfall, Stuart Baird, is capable of doing that.

There is nothing radical or 'fan geeky' about this suggestion, it seems perfectly reasonable. If Barbara Broccoli wants people to respect her as a James Bond producer perhaps she can respect the fans' wishes and put the gun barrel scene in the correct position. This is also the 50th anniversary of the franchise - all the more reason why the gun barrel should be in the right position. I hope someone from MGM bothers to read my post and considers contacting Eon. Please respect the franchise and put the gun barrel in the right place. Thank you."

I've tried my best to get them to consider changing the gun barrel scene. I don't think my posts will make any difference - heck, I'm just a nobody out there on the net! - but I've tried. You can view my two posts here:

http://www.facebook.com/mgm?ref=ts&fref=ts

My Facebook name is Stone Jones. I can't find any email or other online way to contact Eon Production so the best route is via MGM's Facebook page. Fans need to get pro-active on this. Just moaning on forums won't do much good, I fear.
  • Lol, I think that's a bit over the top. "an insult to the original films" it's EON's series, they can do what they like.
  • Oh it actually really annoys me that the style doesn't reflect the original design. It's on the teaser and the "final" poster ffs!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I don't see where the insult lies, honestly.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    edited October 2012 Posts: 191
    The thing that niggles me is they use that traditional gunbarrel in all of their branding except for the actual films!

I thought the same thing, you know? it's like they're trolling us.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    fanbond123 wrote:
    I added a second post to my original MGM Facebook message:

"For what it's worth there are many people posting on forums complaining about the gun barrel scene being at the end of the new James Bond film, which, strictly speaking, is kind of an insult to the original films - those made before Barbara Broccoli and MG Wilson took over. Seeing as MGM co-finances the films perhaps they can at least consider approaching Eon to put the gun barrel at the beginning of the film - this is the correct position for the film. If the distributors can hold off a few days before sending the films out to the cinemas (in the UK) there is enough time to re-edit the film and stick the gun barrel at the front. I'm sure the editor of Skyfall, Stuart Baird, is capable of doing that.

There is nothing radical or 'fan geeky' about this suggestion, it seems perfectly reasonable. If Barbara Broccoli wants people to respect her as a James Bond producer perhaps she can respect the fans' wishes and put the gun barrel scene in the correct position. This is also the 50th anniversary of the franchise - all the more reason why the gun barrel should be in the right position. I hope someone from MGM bothers to read my post and considers contacting Eon. Please respect the franchise and put the gun barrel in the right place. Thank you."

I've tried my best to get them to consider changing the gun barrel scene. I don't think my posts will make any difference - heck, I'm just a nobody out there on the net! - but I've tried. You can view my two posts here:

http://www.facebook.com/mgm?ref=ts&fref=ts

My Facebook name is Stone Jones. I can't find any email or other online way to contact Eon Production so the best route is via MGM's Facebook page. Fans need to get pro-active on this. Just moaning on forums won't do much good, I fear.

I'll tell you exactly what's going to happen. Your letter will be intercepted and deleted.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    I have a theary to why the gun barrel could be at the end. Ive put it as a spoiler just incase my theary comes true. Let me know what you think.

I feel the gun barrel is at the end because...
    they could be using it as a symbol of the 50 anniversary. It could have the 50 logo inside the gun barrel after bond shoots or something. , Just a thought.
    But then again, it doesnt explain why it would end with it.

I was so excited when i knew the gun barrel was back, then bamb,!!!!!! they place it at the end. Its just because i have grew up watching bond films with the barrel opening. Its hard for change.

Hope you guys feel how i do, i wanted a thrilling moment as the white circles rolling along the screen. Ending it wont give of the same feel will it.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    send a tweet to 007.com about itm with enough people, maby they will notice, doubt it would od anything though. http://twitter.com/007 But i have tweeted to say that everyone wanted it at the start, well, nearly everyone who cares.
  • Anon said "there is a 'James Bond Will Return' with the 50th anniversary logo" but it's a straight cut after the gunbarrel.
    @Gareth00789 if your theory is correct then it would make total sense for it to be at the end. It would be a bit weird at the beginning.
  • I think, although it's a bit of a let down, we'll have to get used to it being at the end. It might never go back to the start again.

@Gareth I don't think complaining will get them to listen to be honest. People complained about the QOS gunbarrel and they've done the same thing this time.

I think we'd better just go with it.
  • There is apparently something else at the start, I can't think what else except for the 50th anniversary logo so maybe it appears twice, at the start and at the end after the gunbarrel.
  • Anon said "there is a 'James Bond Will Return' with the 50th anniversary logo" but it's a straight cut after the gunbarrel.

oh, well if it was attached to the gb is would make sence, but now it still seems daft at the end.
    There is apparently something else at the start, I can't think what else except for the 50th anniversary logo so maybe it appears twice, at the start and at the end after the gunbarrel.

Anyone who saw the movie care to elaborate on that "something else"?
    Anyone who saw the movie care to elaborate on that "something else"?

I could elaborate. But then I'd have to kill you.

Seriously though - the opening shot has its own impact and does the job of the gun barrel neatly enough. At least you'll get to watch it without the distraction of thinking 'where are the white dots?' like I did.
  • Oooh, me thinks some kind of CR-esque gunshot to the camera that takes you straight into an action scene!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    All these conflicting comments about what is and isn't at the start is unsettling. I'm just going to wait for the damn movie and see it all for myself.
  • This has a gunbarrel at the start:

Anything like that?
    You know, now that you say that, I kind of have a theory @Anon...
    The opening shot is of Bond walking through that dark corridor and then when his silhouette comes close enough, we get that shot where you only see his eyes. That also appears briefly in the secrets of Skyfall mini video

But you don't have to confirm it.. i'll just wait for the movie.

oh, well if it was attached to the gb is would make sence, but now it still seems daft at the end. Does anyone remember the photo shot of another bathroom with a sink and toi
    You know, now that you say that, I kind of have a theory @Anon...
    The opening shot is of Bond walking through that dark corridor and then when his silhouette comes close enough, we get that shot where you only see his eyes. That also appears briefly in the secrets of Skyfall mini video

But you don't have to confirm it.. i'll just wait for the movie.

thats wouldnt be a gun barrel though would it. ?
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Just a reminder to everyone here that bullying, name calling and profanity will not be tolerated on this forum and may result in a warning. This is in line with the forum's terms and conditions.

Basically, just play nice.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,817
    Today I was thinking of QOS and that even if I like it, what were its biggest faults in my opinion. Though its editing has been critized and it really needs a slowing down, what I really dislike is the gunbarrel at the end, that atrocious GF "homage", and the absence of a traditionan ending of Bond with a girl.
    Reading about the gunbarrell of Skyfall is really a let down and for me it's better to know before seeing it in the theater. This doesn't mean I won't like SF (it will be hard to do it) but I know I'm not alone in this one because we are Bond fans, and we see that details that common audience and critics don't see.
    If it's gonna be a tradition from now on to have the gunbarrel at the end, my only consolation is to have 20 movies with a classical opening. That aside, tha gunbarrel at the end shouldn't happen in QOS and we weren't having this discussion.
    I will enjoy SK but I hide can't my little disappointment about the gunbarrel...
  • How the heck can they put the ICONIC GB at the end? If enough fans write they will change it.
  • 0013 wrote:
    Today I was thinking of QOS and that even if I like it, what were its biggest faults in my opinion. Though its editing has been critized and it really needs a slowing down, what I really dislike is the gunbarrel at the end, that atrocious GF "homage", and the absence of a traditionan ending of Bond with a girl.
    Reading about the gunbarrell of Skyfall is really a let down and for me it's better to know before seeing it in the theater. This doesn't mean I won't like SF (it will be hard to do it) but I know I'm not alone in this one because we are Bond fans, and we see that details that common audience and critics don't see.
    If it's gonna be a tradition from now on to have the gunbarrel at the end, my only consolation is to have 20 movies with a classical opening. That aside, tha gunbarrel at the end shouldn't happen in QOS and we weren't having this discussion.
    I will enjoy SK but I can't my little disappointment about the gunbarrel...

I agree with you completely.

• samshwey wrote:
    How the heck can they put the ICONIC GB at the end? If enough fans write they will change it.

If they didn't change it after QOS why would they change it now?

Sorry but I think we're just going to have to live with it. I'm let down but it won't ruin the film and I'm glad I found out now instead of later.
  • samshwey wrote:
    How the heck can they put the ICONIC GB at the end? If enough fans write they will change it.

If they didn't change it after QOS why would they change it now?

Sorry but I think we're just going to have to live with it. I'm let down but it won't ruin the film and I'm glad I found out now instead of later.
    ^This. I was over it maybe an hour after hearing about the gunbarrel's placement. Besides, apparently the opening shot is great.
  • here a thought.........the gunbarrel at the end could simply mean the end of 50 years from Dr. No to Skyfall, and the start of 50 years of Bond starts with Bond 24 that restart the gunbarrel at the beginning