Spectre Gunbarrel ***Spoilers***

Comments

Do you think the gunbarrel from the video 'Top 007 Stunt Moments' could be the gunbarrel design for 'Skyfall'? Scroll down into the review.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/13/skyfall-review
  • tqbtqb
    no. fan made in after effects
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    The film is obviously the most important part and its looking to be a classic. Its just a shame that it doesnt complete with the gun barrel at the begining. I was not expecting that at all. Qos did it, but skyfall is a whole new story. So having it at the end it a stupid and pointless idea. I wont even give a bugger about the gun barrel when it shows up at the end, no way will it be as exciting at it opening the film.

I am going to send an email also to eon, does anyone have their contact details.
  • JamesCraig wrote:
    Skyfall has:

M
    Q
    Aston Martin
    Walther PPK
    Chicks
    Exotic locations
    Big action sequences
    Bond, James Bond

And we might even get the Shaken, Not Stirred.

But noes, teh gb is not at teh start, let's organize ourselvez befour dis movie comez out in da cinemahs. It'll be da flopperz!

You're being an ass.

I'll certainly be seeing it, nd it sounds like it's going to be incredible (hooray!!), but I am disappointed.

We have a right not to be satisfied with every little piece of the movie without being harassed. It's the 50th anniversary and many of us wanted the movie to begin the same way a Bond film began in cinemas 50 years ago.

Is that really worth all your venom?
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Of course it doesn't ruin the film. Βut it is a let down. There was a point in having it at the end of QOS. Is there a point now? We'll find out in a couple of weeks...
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 214
    really? It seems then that if the GB is at the end and MK12's silver barrel has been maintained that QOS may have set a precedent for how the gunbarrel looks and is maintained in the rebooted era.
    Anon what's Craig's walk and shoot like? I thought his overall stance in the QOS one was rather poor.

Don't know what this guy is talking about. Numerous people who have actually seen the movie have said its a classic GB except at the end.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    JamesCraig wrote:
    Skyfall has:

M
    Q
    Aston Martin
    Walther PPK
    Chicks
    Exotic locations
    Big action sequences
    Bond, James Bond

But noes, teh gb is not at teh start, let's organize ourselvez befour dis movie comez out in da cinemahs. It'll be da flopperz!

You're being an ass.

I'll certainly be seeing it, nd it sounds like it's going to be incredible (hooray!!), but I am disappointed.

We have a right not to be satisfied with every little piece of the movie without being harassed. It's the 50th anniversary and many of us wanted the movie to begin the same way a Bond film began in cinemas 50 years ago.

How's that being an ass?

I would have liked to see it before the film, but if that's the only thing that I'll miss... Some people don't like the slightest change.

And my wrongly spelled English was done in reaction to certain young IMDB-kiddies.

We have a lot of tributes to the "old" series in Skyfall, which are more interesting to me than the position of the gb.
    OwenDavian wrote:
    really? It seems then that if the GB is at the end and MK12's silver barrel has been maintained that QOS may have set a precedent for how the gunbarrel looks and is maintained in the rebooted era.
    Anon what's Craig's walk and shoot like? I thought his overall stance in the QOS one was rather poor.

Don't know what this guy is talking about. Numerous people who have actually seen the movie have said its a classic GB except at the end.

Venom... for nothing I fear.

I couldn't tell you - other than that the apperture was on the large size and the rifling graphic was not the Binder one (looked the same as QoS). Could have been the same Craig as QoS or a newly shot one.
  • Im not angry, im just disappointed.
  • Certainly makes me less excited to see the film, rave reviews and all. Part of the fun of going, say opening night is hearing the audience cheer during that sequence. I guess Craig may never get his well deserved audience gunbarrel cheer. Still, placing it at the end is akin to putting up a christmas tree after New Years, being such a classic tradition.
    Certainly makes me less excited to see the film, rave reviews and all. Part of the fun of going, say opening night is hearing the audience cheer during that sequence. I guess Craig may never get his well deserved audience gunbarrel cheer. Still, placing it at the end is akin to putting up a christmas tree after New Years, being such a classic tradition.

It's true, as this is his final Bondfilm... I'm glad his tenure will be over.
  • Anon wrote:

I couldn't tell you - other than that the apperture was on the large size and the rifling graphic was not the Binder one (looked the same as QoS). Could have been the same Craig as QoS or a newly shot one.

Did the blood look the same in that big thick style like QOS? I kind of like them keeping it consistent with Quantum of Solace but I would've preferred it at the start.

Is it similar to the one in this video at 1:35?

• edited October 2012 Posts: 1,310
    I believe that it is entirely possible for EON to move the gun-barrel at the start of the film for the wide release. For some reason I'm hesitant to believe that the gun-barrel is
    at the end in Skyfall,
    but perhaps that is just me in denial.

Based on the the reviews, Skyfall seems to be getting the amount of praise CR got, so I have no doubt the film will be great. But will I be disappointed with the gun-barrel placement? It seems silly even writing this, but I think I will be.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited October 2012 Posts: 4,043
    Seriously it's like listening to a broken record, will you please can it, it doesn't mater how many times you bitch and moan about it, it isn't going to change.

You really are sad bunch of people if this causing you so much heartache, all of Pierce Brosnan's films had gun barrels at the beginning but if I could have sacrificed the GB to actually see a decent film I'd have done it in a heartbeat instead we get 4 films with the GB and their all pretty sub standard or worse, if Skyfall is as classic as it's been made out to be and there is no GB at the beginning then so fucking be it!
    Shardlake wrote:
    Seriously it's like listening to a broken record, will you please can it, it doesn't mater how many times you bitch and moan about it, it isn't going to change.

You really are sad bunch of people if this causing you so much heartache, all of Pierce Brosnan's films had gun barrels at the beginning but if I could have sacrificed the GB to actually see a decent film I'd have done it in a heartbeat instead we get 4 films with the GB and their all pretty sub standard or worse, if Skyfall is as classic as it's been made out to be and there is no GB at the beginning then so fucking be it!

As long as it's not with a CGI bullet or Eric Serra music I'm cool with it.
    Shardlake wrote:

You know what, @Shardlake? You are right. Seriously you have convinced me a minute after I've written my previous post. You are 100% right.
  • JamesCraig wrote:
    Skyfall has:

M
    Q
    Aston Martin
    Walther PPK
    Chicks
    Exotic locations
    Big action sequences
    Bond, James Bond

You're being an ass.

Thank you.

No it's not going to ruin the film, which looks great, but yeah, some of us are upset about it.

If all you people who have been moaning really don't care, how about you just leave this thread instead of being a dick and taking the piss out of everyone who does?
  • Shardlake wrote:

I don't think anyone is really saying the gunbarrel will ruin the film for them. I certainly would prefer a decent film to a bad one with a gunbarrel in the right place, but why can't we have both? I'm sure the next film will start with it, it just seems like a bit of a kick in the teeth for the "traditionalists" especially for the 50th anniversary.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I give up and I'm keeping out of this thread because I'm afraid of what I might say.
    JamesCraig wrote:
    Skyfall has:

M
    Q
    Aston Martin
    Walther PPK
    Chicks
    Exotic locations
    Big action sequences
    Bond, James Bond

You're being an ass.

Thank you.

No it's not going to ruin the film, which looks great, but yeah, some of us are upset about it.

If all you people who have been moaning really don't care, how about you just leave this thread instead of being a dick and taking the piss out of everyone who does?

My point it that there's sillyness going on ony because ONE guy tweeted it. The fact that it's not even mentioned in the reviews I read doesn't make me so sure that it's not in the beginning.

And if you can't stand different opinions, you shouldn't be on a forum in the first place. I've been here longer than you are and I hope I know what's accepted and what's not.

You don't have to call me a dick.

Did the blood look the same in that big thick style like QOS? I kind of like them keeping it consistent with Quantum of Solace but I would've preferred it at the start.

Don't remember how the blood went.
    Similar size to the one in the video - but don't think it was as clearly pitted and metallic as that. Didn't strike me a being especially new and different anyway.

And yes, there is a 'James Bond Will Return' with the 50th anniversary logo.
  • Oh... so instead of turning into the QoS logo, it sort of does the same as that trailer?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 246
    Oh... so instead of turning into the QoS logo, it sort of does the same as that trailer?

I think it was a straight cut to the 'bond will be back' - don't think there was any clever animated transition.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 43
    Ok nice, thanks for the info.

The thing that niggles me is they use that traditional gunbarrel in all of their branding except for the actual films!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    JamesCraig wrote:
    [My point it that there's sillyness going on ony because ONE guy tweeted it.

No, not just one guy, and somebody on here who has seen it has just confirmed that
    it's at the end
    JamesCraig wrote:
    And if you can't stand different opinions, you shouldn't be on a forum in the first place.

I never attacked you for having your opinion. It's fine if you don't care but there's no need to take the piss out of those of us that do.

Actually, you were the one having a go at us for caring about it, so it's you that can't stand others opinions.
    JamesCraig wrote:
    I've been here longer than you are

So what?
    JamesCraig wrote:
    You don't have to call me a dick.

You didn't have to take the piss out of those of us that are upset.

ONE GUY talked about boycotting the film, most of us are upset but are being reasonable about it (almost everyone has said it won't ruin the film), but then you posted this
    JamesCraig wrote:

Which is being a bit of a dick.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 3,497
    I'm not, and now it's confirmed. Thank God, in a way.

Oh and that was a reaction to some "fans" on IMDB. I posted more or less the same thing there.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Anon wrote:

Don't remember how the blood went.
    Similar size to the one in the video - but don't think it was as clearly pitted and metallic as that. Didn't strike me a being especially new and different anyway.

And yes, there is a 'James Bond Will Return' with the 50th anniversary logo.

So it come's direct after the gunbarrel?
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    @thelivingroyale Please check your PMs.
  • I am glad we're getting James Bond will return. At least that's something.
    @thelivingroyale Please check your PMs.

Done, sorry.