Spectre Gunbarrel ***Spoilers***

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Henderson wrote:
    I have had an answer from total film writer who was there last night she said no gun barrel sequence.
    But a thought has occurred to me tell me what you think, this is only a press screening, perhaps they want to save this sequence for the world premiere,because eon would visit these sites, so they would know people's own opinions so perhaps they are saving it for a bigger audience. they have filmed a sequence with daniel wearing a grey suit, as you can see it on you tube clip called secrets of skyfall.
    I do recall that bbc when screening a dr who episode with david tennant and catherine tate, they kept it secret that billie piper was coming back to the extent that they cut it out of the press screening, so everyone saw this scene on the launch night !
    Lets just wait to see what happens, the most important thing we should remember bond is back and that is what is important.

it's possible.... we shall see - with technology today, they could edit in/out anything in a film the day before release, and still make all the deadlines..

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    No GB? Please, they showed a brief clip of it being filmed during that Skyfall special.

• Will never happen but....add GB where it should be for the video release. :p
    OwenDavian wrote:
    Will never happen but....add GB where it should be for the video release. :p

:p
  • IGN said its the best in the series. So that means its the best bond film ever. Well, thats what i said it could be.
  • JamesCraig wrote:
    No GB? Please, they showed a brief clip of it being filmed during that Skyfall special.

Yes, becasue the is a gun barrel but its at the end, unforchanatly
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    fanbond123 wrote:
    There's always bittorrent in a few months time! :))

Make your voice heard and avoid the cinema release and illegally download it in a few months time! Yes, the voice of the internet generation has spoken.

NO GUN BARREL AT THE BEGINNING - NO SEE FILM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
    fanbond123 wrote:
    The gun barrel at the end of the film is the worst thing in the entirety of human history.

I don't think that is an unreasonable comment to make!

Seriously, how old are you?

I couldn't care less if it's at the start, in the middle, or at the end. All I want is a good, compelling story and leave the theater with a smile on my face and that is not dependent on a 15'' sequence.
  • still, when the gun barrel opens at the start i have a smile on my face. Not this time.
  • Wait a minute. If daniel had a grey suit on when filming the gun barrel, can anyone confirm if it was a gret suit in the gun barrel at the end of skyfall
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I'm more bothered about the film being good but I do care about the gunbarrel being moved. It won't ruin the film for me but I do care.
    IGN said its the best in the series. So that means its the best bond film ever. Well, thats what i said it could be.

No, it means IGN thinks it's the best Bond film ever ;)

The reviews are really positive though so I'm hoping for (and expecting) a great film.
    Wait a minute. If daniel had a grey suit on when filming the gun barrel, can anyone confirm if it was a gret suit in the gun barrel at the end of skyfall
    I can't remember - not something I took note of.

But on the wider point about the gun barrel not appearing at the start of the film, all I want to say is that you may have expected a 'formula' Bond film - having read something about the end of Quantum of Solace signifying the end of the reboot process.

This isn't a formula Bond film in the classic sense. And if anything is a continuation of the rebooting of Bond.

I was expecting a gunbarrel at the start. Didn't get it (but there's a little something else instead) then forgot about it and watched the movie. Great stuff.

And I'd bet good money on its being back at the start next time round.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    How difficult is it to put the GB in the beginning, where it <i>should</i> be. When the film is over, I couldn't care less about seeing a gunbarrel. Totally out of place.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,661
    I sent a message to MGM via their Facebook page:

"I would be grateful if someone from MGM can tell me why Skyfall - the new James Bond film - has the classic James Bond gun barrel scene at the END of the film. All the Cubby Broccoli produced Bond films had the gun barrel at the BEGINNING of the film - where it was meant to be.

If someone from EON PRODUCTIONS or MGM can spare two mins of their busy time to reply and explain why the gun barrel is in the incorrect position, thanks."

I don't expect them to reply but you never know.
    How difficult is it to put the GB in the beginning, where it <i>should</i> be. When the film is over, I couldn't care less about seeing a gunbarrel. Totally out of place.

Let's all act like little children and boycott this film. I feel like I've stepped into a time machine and went back to 2005/2006.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,347
    JamesCraig wrote:

Let's all act like little children and boycott this film. I feel like I've stepped into a time machine and went back to 2005/2006.
    Why would I boycott this fantastic film? Raising opinion about one tiny part of it is something different ;)

Just find it odd, seems like a pointless change of tradition.

Some people will cry, believe me. ;-)
    Indeed they will. I won't complain about any more though, like I said it's a tiny part of the movie. Just needed to vent it once. :bz
    Its like boycotting OHMSS because it doesn't have Connery in it, only to realise over time that its one of the (IMO THE) greatest Bond films of all time.
    We've had plenty of dross over the years with the GB.
    Indeed they will. I won't complain about any more though, like I said it's a tiny part of the movie. Just needed to vent it once. :bz

Cool beans. Ps: it's good to see some familiar "faces" again. B-)
  • No gunbarrel at the beginning? Strike one.
    JamesCraig wrote:

Cool beans. Ps: it's good to see some familiar "faces" again. B-)
    The same James, welcome back!

• I think it may be a neat trick to place the gunbarrel at the end of the rebooted series. However, I failed to see the artisic value it brought in QOS. Maybe there's more to it this time. I'm more intrigued as to the design of the barrel itself, is there any word on that? The poster's suggest a return to the classic barrel design, but will Kleinman favour his CR re-design? I doubt he'll use the steely MK12 design.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 246
    I think it may be a neat trick to place the gunbarrel at the end of the rebooted series. However, I failed to see the artisic value it brought in QOS. Maybe there's more to it this time. I'm more intrigued as to the design of the barrel itself, is there any word on that? The poster's suggest a return to the classic barrel design, but will Kleinman favour his CR re-design? I doubt he'll use the steely MK12 design.

This is what I saw...
    Pretty close to (if not identical to) the one at the end of Quantum of Solace - but without the spinning 'Q' graphics.
  • really? It seems then that if the GB is at the end and MK12's silver barrel has been maintained that QOS may have set a precedent for how the gunbarrel looks and is maintained in the rebooted era.
    Anon what's Craig's walk and shoot like? I thought his overall stance in the QOS one was rather poor.
    I don't understand the reason for putting the gunbarrel at the end. This was the film supposedly for the fans, and by the looks of it EON have just about get everything right this time round - Adele, balance between Fleming and cinematic elements, right balance of dark and humour, yet they still go ahead and give the fans one more slap in the face by excluding the gunbarrel from the beginning.

Why? What purpose does it serve to do this?
  • HerrBondHerrBond Berlin
    my german friends are already tweeting :)

@007 come on guys, give us the GB at the beginning, pls!!! #skyfall #jamesbond #GunbarrelAtTheBeginning

• Why?

That's the big question but I don't think we'll get an answer.
  • I couldn't care less, Im more interested in the film itself.
    Skyfall has:

M
    Q
    Aston Martin
    Walther PPK
    Chicks
    Exotic locations
    Big action sequences
    Bond, James Bond

And we might even get the Shaken, Not Stirred.

But noes, teh gb is not at teh start, let's organize ourselvez befour dis movie comez out in da cinemahs. It'll be da flopperz!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    JamesCraig wrote:
    Skyfall has:

M
    Q
    Aston Martin
    Walther PPK
    Chicks
    Exotic locations
    Big action sequences
    Bond, James Bond

And we might even get the Shaken, Not Stirred.

But noes, teh gb is not at teh start, let's organize ourselvez befour dis movie comez out in da cinemahs. It'll be da flopperz!

:)) Brilliant!