Spectre Gunbarrel ***Spoilers***

Comments

Well, what can you do. My fear is that reviews of the new Bond film are similar to the tone of this topic so far: "Fantastic movie, even better spy thriller, perhaps matching this year's 'The Dark Knight Rises', but again...it misses this formularic Bond vibe."
  • Just I thought but could it be possible that the media screening had the gun barrel at the end and yet the mass release will have it at the beginning just to catch the media out and give us a big surprise. That would be nice.
    I mean it's a little disappointing but it IS in the film. And who knows, maybe it'll work out perfectly. Lets see the context
    jamesdut wrote:
    Just I thought but could it be possible that the media screening had the gun barrel at the end and yet the mass release will have it at the beginning just to catch the media out and give us a big surprise. That would be nice.

Haven't thought about that yet. But seems unlikely. Moreover, a gunbarrel at the end isn't confirmed either. I have a feeling, looking at Thomas Newman's score, that the gunbarrel will be in the middle, being part of the actual plot.

• Maby the screening is different to the film in cinemas for the fans. I hope so but doubt
    it
  • jamesdut wrote:
    Just I thought but could it be possible that the media screening had the gun barrel at the end and yet the mass release will have it at the beginning just to catch the media out and give us a big surprise. That would be nice.

Haven't thought about that yet. But seems unlikely. Moreover, a gunbarrel at the end isn't confirmed either. I have a feeling, looking at Thomas Newman's score, that the gunbarrel will be in the middle, being part of the actual plot.

the gun barrel is confirmed at the end.
  • Oh well I just have to accept it and now look forward to it, I'm off bed now good night
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 2,015
    I'll probably enjoy the film anyway but watching the film open without it will piss me off a bit.

You can enter just at the end of the showing, watch the gunbarrel, roll the credits, and then watch the movie at the next showing.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 870
    That's the thing. It's so pointless.

It's just... why? Why bother moving it? There's literally no reason not to and they knew that most fans preferred it at the start anyway.

Like I've said, it won't ruin the film but it is a let down.

I think it's just for the sake of changing things.
    I'm not talking only about the gunbarrel here, I'm talking about the whole "Bond formula".

They got stuck with repeating the same old stuff during the Brosnan years, because they were afraid that changing the formula would ruin it. When they finally had to do it in 2006 and it worked, now there's a constant need for changing things, even if it's absolutely pointless.

I'm a bit disappointed with this, but I hope the film delivers.

• Someone on the formus said a while back, the gun barrel has ot be at the start. with 50th anniversay, they wouldnt mess it up by ending it with the gun barrel. I bet that person is realy upset aswell as me, .. anyway, of to bed, night guys.
  • If anyone feels like ringing eon lol ... 020 7493 7953
    How embarrassing. This really pisses me off - people haven't even seen the film and all they talk about is a few seconds at the beginning that give them a boner.

Yes, I would have liked a gunbarrel at the beginning. Just for tradition's sake. But is it in any way essential to the film? NO. Essential is the acting, the script, the cinematography, the soundtrack, the editing.

Lighten up, people. Maybe have a beer, with some real friends.
  • Is it essential? No.

Will it ruin the film? No.

Is it a tradition that I wish they'd kept because we haven't had it for a while and it's the 50th? Yes.
    Is it essential? No.

Is it a tradition that I wish they'd kept because we haven't had it for a while and it's the 50th? Yes.

I totally agree. Now, please, lets move on. No point in debating this until we have seen the whole film.
    Is it essential? No.

Because of all this gunbarrel buzz, I could not stop myself from reading the first review of The Daily Mail. Full Five Stars :-). And Naomie Harris.......
    every Penny of it
    ;-).
    Is it essential? No.

Because of all this gunbarrel buzz, I could not stop myself from reading the first review of The Daily Mail. Full Five Stars :-). And Naomie Harris.......
    every Penny of it
    ;-).

Haha =D>
  • tqbtqb
    some people take it too seriously
    tqb wrote:
    some people take it too seriously

Well, I use my personal picture as an avatar. You use a gunbarrel hehehe :P.
  • tqbtqb
    haha touche :p
  • I guess fans is now upset the lack of a final quality poster and gunbarrel in the end.....
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    I just read a "major spoiler", but I can live with this one. As for the gunbarrel: it makes some sort of sense regarding the spoiler ;)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 624
    Ok, I feel that Gunbarrelgate has gotten out of hand, both in this thread, and the review thread.

I am the biggest fan of the gunbarrel sequence. My Youtube page is pretty much dedicated to them.
    Yes, I am disappointed with what I have heard about the gunbarrel.
    The reviews are saying the movie is incredible, and
    it's not like the gunbarrel is missing. It is at the end, allegedly. We've seen it before, and we'll see it again. It is probably the new norm. At least I do not have to sit through the movie wondering where it is, and now I have something to look forward to til the very end.
    One more thing. USE SPOILER TAGS. WHEN IN DOUBT, USE THEM. I've already read way too many spoilers, luckily, nothing about the plot.
  • If it is indeed where people suggest and it seems it's a confirmation, it's merely a disappointment, as said before, they at least could of had it at the very beginning like it always was, at least for the half century release, never wanted it anywhere else, but what some described as 'what could be the best James Bond movie ever', early days into production, has simply slipped away to an extent by certain decisions made over the course of the making of the movie, here is just such another example, but as someone said before, what can you do ?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    to me... am i disappointed at finding out that 'allegedly' the gun barrel won't be at the beginning - yes... i am a traditionalist in that regard, and i think it's a cosmetic change to the films that EON didn't need to do - but i guess it's way to differentiate the old films from the new rebooted ones - who knows... still not worth doing away with IMO.....

but am i devastated by it? hardly... it's more of a "meh - alright." kind of disappointed... it's a bummer, but oh well.. CR and QOS didn't start with the gun barrel either (though yes, it was the lead-in to the PTS in CR)... a Bond movie is defined by more than the gun barrel... (but to some, thats all that defines it)..

either way, still looking forward to it - and a couple reviews i read gave it great praise.... more or less saying "it's not the best Bond movie ever like they set out to make, but it's one of the best.. and once again, Craig shines as Bond." ..... thats all i need to hear :D
  • I'm crushed...
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited October 2012 Posts: 3,497
    My God, I can't believe people are almost killing themselves over this.

No matter how good the rest of the film is, people will call it the second worst Bondmovie ever just because the gb is not at the beginning. I'd love to see it, but if that's the only "bad" thing about Skyfall, well...

Guys, chill.
    I'm not haappy we havent had traditionl GB at the beginning for 10 years, but given the reviews this one is getting an how good CR was, we've had 2 of the best films in the franchice since so I dont care if its at the beginning, the end, or between every different scene.
    I'm just grateful that Bond is back on screen again after 4 years.

Just get over it and go enjoy the film.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 214
    HASEROT wrote:
    to me... am i disappointed at finding out that 'allegedly' the gun barrel won't be at the beginning - yes... i am a traditionalist in that regard, and i think it's a cosmetic change to the films that EON didn't need to do - but i guess it's way to differentiate the old films from the new rebooted ones - who knows... still not worth doing away with IMO.....

but am i devastated by it? hardly... it's more of a "meh - alright." kind of disappointed... it's a bummer, but oh well.. CR and QOS didn't start with the gun barrel either (though yes, it was the lead-in to the PTS in CR)... a Bond movie is defined by more than the gun barrel... (but to some, thats all that defines it)..

either way, still looking forward to it - and a couple reviews i read gave it great praise.... more or less saying "it's not the best Bond movie ever like they set out to make, but it's one of the best.. and once again, Craig shines as Bond." ..... thats all i need to hear :D

Amen.

Very disappointing and puzzling why the GB is where it is. But we should all feel blessed we have a new Bond film at all.

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited October 2012 Posts: 3,497
    I say, wait until you see the film.

If people say that it sucks only because of the GB at the end, then humanity is forever lost.
  • I have had an answer from total film writer who was there last night she said no gun barrel sequence.
    But a thought has occurred to me tell me what you think, this is only a press screening, perhaps they want to save this sequence for the world premiere,because eon would visit these sites, so they would know people's own opinions so perhaps they are saving it for a bigger audience. they have filmed a sequence with daniel wearing a grey suit, as you can see it on you tube clip called secrets of skyfall.
    I do recall that bbc when screening a dr who episode with david tennant and catherine tate, they kept it secret that billie piper was coming back to the extent that they cut it out of the press screening, so everyone saw this scene on the launch night !
    Lets just wait to see what happens, the most important thing we should remember bond is back and that is what is important.