New members - introduce yourself

Comments

• For people searching for the old threads.. http://www.mi6forums.com/viewforum.php?f=42 there..get anything you want as soon as you can because appearantly this won't be there for much longer.
    My only positive I've got from this is that I can change my crappy username! I've had it for 7+ years! But no-one knows that as now it looks like I've only been here a day!
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1,986
    Quoting CIS: Well, this new forum is—interesting. People keep saying there is a character limit for your posts? I'm not seeing that? Is it still in place?
    Not sure if this was answered, yes there's a limit, it's pretty large, you wouldn't see it unless typing a Review-type long post. May need to break them down, I'm not quite sure what the limit is.
    OK i have copied and pasted some of the threads i made - the rest will have to go.
    hmmm this looks nice
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    @barryt007 Attaboy, bazza! :)
    This just makes me glad I never contributed anything of substance that I'd be sorry to see 'go' to the old board, lol.
  • Most of the threads mentioned here can still be viewed. Like the Bond Bibliography : http://www.mi6forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=41589&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105 . I'm trying to save as many threads as i can onto my hard drive so maybe some of these can be saved for the future?
  • SirHilaryBrayOBESirHilaryBrayOBE Chez Hilly, Portsmouth
    edited March 2011 Posts: 66
    Quoting SirCLMDBCRaig: Most of the threads mentioned here can still be viewed. Like the Bond
    Bibliography : http://www.mi6forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=41589&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105
    . I'm trying to save as many threads as i can onto my hard drive so maybe some
    of these can be saved for the future
    lumme it's all one big thread.
    Greetings, earthlings!
    I have come from across the galaxy to partake in your ramblings. I shall assimilate it all, and report back to my masters. They will then decide what to do with you all.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 1,092
    All these posts at the beginning of this thread say March 13 but it was working for me yesterday... am I in a time warp or are you guys from the past? WTH?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @SirHilaryBrayOBE

The archive has disappeared now. It seems to be gone. :-(
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1,182
    Looking good! Sure the discussions from the old forums are gone, but IMO it's an acceptable side effect. This is a fresh start. We've been waiting years for an update and I'm glad it's finally here. It's better than I expected!

So here's to MI6 Community!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I must say I think I'll get used to it, and view this change as a very good thing, I hope many members choose to stay with us as of course they are what make MI6 work. A fresh start is most exciting and gives everyone, me included, a chance to start again.

Looking forward to the future!
    I managed to salvage your MI6 Birthday list and thread Samuel ,so you can keep that going matey.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Quoting barryt007: I managed to salvage your MI6 Birthday list and thread Samuel ,so you can keep
    that going matey.
    May I ask (and I realise this is not thread for it) how certain threads can be "salvaged". I was under the impression everything was gone.

You had to get in there quick and basically copy/paste as many threads as you could into here.Nobody knew when the old site would disappear - and it now has.
  • Wasn't expecting it to go down so soon. Started backing up threads and BAM..gone. So the only thing i managed to save was "Bond Locations on Google Earth: Master List" and some avatars..bah
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Saying hello to the lot of you. Seeing some of the old friends again. Barry, glad you made it, friend. Still interested to follow up on how Jade's doing!

And to the rest, happy fresh start everyone. I understand there's been some rather emotional responses to the new course of things, often disappointed. We all need to get used to it, as I believe the admins pointed out already.

Let's make the best of it. Let's prove we're here for the love of Bond, a love which conquers even a mild setback like this (if you feel it is such). :)
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Quoting DarthDimi:
    Saying hello to the lot of you. Seeing some of the old
    friends again. Barry, glad you made it, friend. Still interested to follow up on
    how Jade's doing!

And to the rest, happy fresh start everyone. I
    understand there's been some rather emotional responses to the new course of
    things, often disappointed. We all need to get used to it, as I believe the
    admins pointed out already.

Let's make the best of it. Let's prove we're
    here for the love of Bond, a love which conquers even a mild setback like this
    (if you feel it is such). :-)

Here, here!
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 886
    Hello there, yes it's moi, I'm sure you're all thrilled.:-D
    Nice to see some old familiar faces but where are the rest? :-(

Welcome to the new members (not ex-Mi6'ers) as well. :-h
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 163
    At first felt strange, now I like it!
  • is anything able to get into old mi6 forum? I cant seem to get into the site or maybe it gone?

the only positive thing is i can change my username from agentbond007 to commandbond007
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    The new look is interesting and allows me to start a fresh again, with a new name as well, been a while since I've posted but always drop in for a look to catch up on the news etc.
  • Hi guys, on the previous boards I was both MayDay (2001-2004) and SiberianSpecialForces (2006-2008) and looking forward to starting a fresh in this new community.

TrumanLodge.
  • You called?
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting mccabekev: You called?
    Woo-hoo! Kev is back!
    James, I had nothing to do with this! ;)
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Where's Seb? :-P
  • You think we are a double team?

I can cause more than enough trouble on my own - now where is that list of mods for me to befriend to protect me ;)
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting mccabekev: You think we are a double team?

I can cause more than enough trouble on my own - now where is that list of mods for me to befriend to protect me
    Learn to read n00b!
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/11/help-im-new