Are Bond fans being conned? Is Adele's vocal 'Skyfall' theme omitted from the OST CD?

edited October 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 53
According to the tracklisting for the forthcoming 'Skyfall' OST CD posted on the MI6 website, a truncated instrumental arrangement of Adele's theme song is included. With a duration of just 02:36, this compares unfavourably with the 04:50 of Adele's vocal version. Most worryingly, it seems Adele's version is NOT included on the OST CD - making an utter mockery of the term Original Sound Track. Or is Adele's song NOT actually featured in the film of 'Skyfall'? Either way, I can't help feeling Bond fans anxious to own Adele's 'Skyfall' theme and the OST are about to be be fleeced at the till ...

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    This would be similar to the CR soundtrack. It did not feature Chris Cornell's "You Know My Name" but featured cues from that song in parts of the score.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    This has happened before. And I'm pretty sure most fans are smart enough to realise what they're getting when they get the score.
    I'll be most annoyed if this is true. Call me old fashioned but I prefer owning a cd rather than this downloading lark.
    Personally, I'd rather have a CD full of tracks from the film (77 minutes is pretty full) and then be able to purchase Adelles single elsewhere.
    Its not like they are selling us the Skyfall Soundtrack at 45 minutes of music and not having it.
    Get over it and decide if you want to buy both or not. Its just a couple of $/£/€
  • LeChiffre wrote:
    I'll be most annoyed if this is true. Call me old fashioned but I prefer owning a cd rather than this downloading lark.

I've already downloaded it from iTunes so it doesn't bother me so much. Is not a CD single being released for adele's Skyfall?
    LeChiffre wrote:

I've already downloaded it from iTunes so it doesn't bother me so much. Is not a CD single being released for adele's Skyfall?

Not sure. I thought they'd stopped selling cd singles. I dare say I'll break with tradition just cos it's Bond!

• The awful, IMO, Adele song would reduce the amount of space available for Newman's score.

Good move to not have it on the soundtrack CD
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2012 Posts: 4,416
    dchantry wrote:
    Personally, I'd rather have a CD full of tracks from the film (77 minutes is pretty full) and then be able to purchase Adelles single elsewhere.

If that be case i don't mind to spend € 5,00 for Adele single above € 14,00 for the Soundtrack, but the point be that you can't buy it on real single and the soundtrack going to cost € 21,99 and you must buy it online. Adele is only avaible as download. DAD back in 2002 cost € 21,99 but people have the option to buy local and d single's stil exist. Internet as we know it know exist since 2001 and the prices be even a local or more. This isn't much changed if you look the prices of those days. Yes artist/compilation cd's are litle bit cheaper then in 2001 when sometimes you must pay fl 46,99 for artist cd or fl 59,99-fl 69,99 for a dvd. Dvd's get cheaper, whyle there stil be some very expesive ones and BD at the moment also not realy get the finger on it. This year 2012 should be the year that should happen, 2004 - 6 years after the introduction of DVD Dvd finaly get place. Since 2004 the prices are better more worth to buy then rent it. BD exist since 2006 in My country.

Prices of those days of the cd's who get the finger on the local stores be € 14,99-€ 21,99. Over a couple of years CD;s wil be complete gone and now it isn;t already much what there realy cell in local stores and Soundtracks are almoost already gone.

My self iam more fan of compilation cd's and soundtracks and only have 1 favorite singer and a booklet are inportent for me. But i also don't spend not that kind of money any more and that's in the first place because there don't give you the option to buy it because it isnt there and that noot only count for Cd's = lack in intrest in the buyer in my opnion and prices should already be much lower and some cd's should be a 2 disc. Rude with the DVD or Cd (= Not in seal but stil asking € 19,99., high prices on the only copy who there cell look second hand looking cd's, high prices )

I wil admit the 77 minutes is a big inprovement (count of tracks i can count because QOS have 23 tracks and the title song but is 5-6 minutes les then Twine.) if we going to like the music, but the title song is also a mark/rule of the franchise. More then a poster, whyle i whas very happy with poster with QOS soundtrack (take me 3 years after the release of the movie to get and stil don't have CR one) because of lack of finding a store who cell a poster. Yes Soundtrack is not the only problem and that alreadt go wrong with CR, the store (Expo) where i buy CR poster 6 with the delete scene's (The only one there have and when i buying it expect it be in 100x70 but it whasn't.) don't exist any more the store where i mabey have got the change to but the one from Skyfall close there door this year and contune is smaller form without posters. And my CR poster also already have a problem it not be in 100x70 format but in the same format as my LTK poster 90x60. Also online this deliever some problems, highes prices then earlier and you can't trust stores any more with the format, the subtitle (= Release date/Comingsoon), the send money is to high and the deliever.

The 77 minutes is yused as excuse now, but a bit strange it be Sony Classical who release this soundtrack again. I don't believe if have been 74 minutes score there have at Adele on it then there have said it have been the copyrights. I think it Sony Classical who don't whant to pay and mabey Eon don't whant it because don't whant to responsible if someone put a finger to them later on because if you go deeper in to the songs you know the songs have a dark side.
  • I get annoyed when this sort of thing happens - when a soundtrack doesn't feature what some would deem the standout track of the film i.e. the theme - or when there are separate soundtracks for the sources track music, and another for the films score.
    It does suck! But i guess you just buy the single and the soundtrack? I know i will at somepoint?
This discussion has been closed.