If Blofeld were to return to the modern Bond films...who would play him well?

edited October 2012 in Actors Posts: 188
Which actors would you like to see play Ernst Stavro Blofeld if he were to come back into modern Bond films?

Some actors who I think would make an excellent Blofeld;
1) Gary Oldman
2) Mark Rylance
3) Joaquin Phoenix
4) maybe Dominic West?

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Dunno about Blofeld but I'll shoot my load if Oldman is ever cast in a Bond film.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited October 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Phoenix and Dominic are way too young; the best choice is Gary.
    Gary Oldman, or maybe Anthony Hopkins?
  • Christopher Eccleston.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Eccleston could be interesting. I believe he's a villain for the new Thor film.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2012 Posts: 4,416
    Then it mabey should someone with hair, also if if turn out his hair is fake.

Blofeld in my opnion stil should have intrest Austria see OHMSS and with a return i wil change this and i think there should not change that for Quantum too.

There is only one actor i can think about as first option and that is Yigal Naor, when i saw him in Rendition (2007) i must think about Blofeld. Not only in his looks but also his voice, he is Telly Savalas Blofeld. You also can see him in in Munich, where DC playing in too and Green Zone.

22.jpg

Another option:

Dietrich Siegl born in Austria and grow up in Germany and Switzerland.

soko6_f11_130810_0445_450x.jpg

• easy one, Micheal Shannon

• Yigal Naor is a good suggestion who I'll look into now that you've mentioned him actually.

how about Antony Sher? anyone who has seen him in a number of Shakespeare plays will know that he has that quality that great actors like Ben Kingsley and Anthony Hopkins have of making you watch them and also being able to be menacing as well as subtle.
  • Depends what nationality we have him as and which version of Models we want to play him closet to. Michael Shannon was a great call. I think Vincent Cassell might be a good shout.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 188
    Michael Shannon is great - but he's Zod. Certain actors would be great as Blofeld -but at the same time you have to strike them off the list because they've become too synonymous with other villainous roles or have become almost predictable in their very villainy; e.g. (IMO), Christopher Eccleston, Willem Defoe, Ben Kingsley, Anthony Hopkins etc
  • Faran Tahir would be an interesting call - but I'd want to keep some semblence of the character that was somewhat established in the previous Bond films.
  • Just thought; John Malkovich would be a decent Blofeld maybes.

Symmetrical-John-Malkovich-58588.jpg
  • Mike Myers ;)
  • sorry about the big pic btw :P
    Patrick Stewart
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    lewisblake wrote:
    Just thought; John Malkovich would be a decent Blofeld maybes.

Symmetrical-John-Malkovich-58588.jpg

is it my impression or his face is mirrored? :O
    It definitely is. What an eye!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 774
    Alfred Molina
    MV5BMTEwNTgzNzgxNzNeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDQ5NzU1NjM@._V1._SY314_CR14,0,214,314_.jpg

Ben Kingsley
    Ben_Kingsley%20-%201%20-%20You_Kill_Me.jpg
    Anthony Hopkins, John Malcovich, Ben Kingsley and Ralph Finnes, I know it's impossible, would do it well...
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited October 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Christoph Waltz (Oscar winner, Inglorious Basterds) might do very nicely.
    how about young Blofeld play by Henry Cavill? that's would be interesting...
  • 00Zenon00Zenon Perth, Australia
    I always though Ralph Fiennes would be good...but alas, he is now in Skyfall...
  • 00Zenon00Zenon Perth, Australia
    Also I always thought Hugh Laurie could play a good older villain
    Michael Gambon.
  • Samuel L Jackson
  • Sir Ben Kingsley
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 24
    Brent Spiner would be a decent Blofeld, now that he is older and a bit massier:

brentspiner.gif

Or Ciarán Hinds:

IA.30-34-528x347.jpg

Richard Sammel (Gettler in CR) would also deserve a main villain role:

422275_411475852250288_10566698_n.jpg
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 5,767
    Lots of good actors could be thrilling Blofelds.
    Not all suggest it on first sight. Here is a picture of German actor Götz George in a satirical role:
    0,1020,280038,00.jpg

And here he plays KZ doctor Josef Mengele: mengele3.jpg
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    doubleoego wrote:
    Eccleston could be interesting. I believe he's a villain for the new Thor film.

I picked him because think he's just a brilliant actor, who looks like Blofeld, and he's a Bond fan.

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/newsdetail.asp?id=14206