New Interview with Original James Bond Guitarist and Music Writer Vic Flick

edited October 2012 in News Posts: 3
Great interview with iconic 1960s London studio session guitarist Vic Flick on a wide array of topics including his work on several James Bond films. Here is a short excerpt about how he created the famous riff to the James Bond Theme:

FZ: Can you describe to us how that famous James Bond Theme riff came about?

VF: The actual tune that Monty Norman wrote it was like [hums slowed down jazzy version of riff], so we just bruted it up, mattered it up. We put it on the low strings and changed it so it was more energetic, more dynamic, more sort of spy music-y. That’s how it came about really. It was part of the arrangement and featured the guitar.

Read the rest here:

http://findingzoso.blogspot.com/2012/10/vic-flick-interview.html

Comments

• I wish I could hear his planned LTK theme with Eric Clapton, never have been able to find it so I assume it wasn't recorded :(
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Thanks for the interview. Everyone is coming out of the woodwork now. That's wonderful to see.
  • GoldenballGoldenball United States
    edited October 2012 Posts: 74
    Sorry-

trying to post a you tube video of Vic playing the Bond theme from last night show at the Academy-

more trouble than it's worth. For me.
  • Sorry everyone, I heard from some of you that the link didn't work, I've re-posted it for all to enjoy!