Spectre Gunbarrel ***Spoilers***

Comments

• RC7RC7
    The new gunbarrel is on the Adele advert on Sky movies 007. Just got home whacked it on and there it was!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    question
    did I just see Silva shooting up a court room???
  • You sure did...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    There are no words in any Earth bound language to describe my excitement for this film.
  • is it that actual gun barrel RC7, or do you mean the gun barrel that is on 007.com attached to adeles theme.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    is this the real sound for the gun barrel, and the music from Thomas
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    That's the gunbarrel music from Tomorrow Never Dies.
  • That's the gunbarrel music from Tomorrow Never Dies, and a fan effort from Vitaliy Zavadsky.
  • oh, k sorry. just thought i would check.
  • RC7RC7
    is it that actual gun barrel RC7, or do you mean the gun barrel that is on 007.com attached to adeles theme.

It's an actual gun barrel. The one of which we've seen behind the scene stills and video.
    I have just seen the gun barrel on the adele advert. Do you think the gun barrel will be jsut for the advert. that one looks old. I want a brand new fresh gun barrel, like pierce brosnans.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 555
    GMSkarka wrote:
    But Bond walking into the barrel at the start of the movie....I can honestly say I'd walk out.

Glad to see that folks are keeping things in perspective and not overreacting or anything....

I honestly don't think protesting what would be the dumbest moment in 50 years of cinematic history is an overreactment. Not to mention its not happening.
    I have just seen the gun barrel on the adele advert. Do you think the gun barrel will be jsut for the advert. that one looks old. I want a brand new fresh gun barrel, like pierce brosnans.

The new gunbarrel is out there?? Someone needs to get this online!
  • What adele advert?
  • RC7RC7
    OwenDavian wrote:
    What adele advert?

There is an Adele ad running on Sky Movies 007
  • GMSkarka wrote:
    But Bond walking into the barrel at the start of the movie....I can honestly say I'd walk out.

Glad to see that folks are keeping things in perspective and not overreacting or anything....

:)) I know, that was funny. "Oh my god, it's not a traditional gunbarrel, I'm leaving and getting a refund". This is so freaking minor compared to the entire film. People are already complaining about the title theme being a "pastiche". You mean you wanted another DAD or AWTD instead? All I can do is laugh at every one of them complaining already about gunbarrels and title songs, they're entitled of course to their opinions but to me it's a load of codswallop. After 4 years, all I want is to see Bond back on the big screen in a new adventure. I'll worry about the rest later.
    GMSkarka wrote:

:)) I know, that was funny. "Oh my god, it's not a traditional gunbarrel, I'm leaving and getting a refund". This is so freaking minor compared to the entire film. People are already complaining about the title theme being a "pastiche". You mean you wanted another DAD or AWTD instead? All I can do is laugh at every one of them complaining already about gunbarrels and title songs, they're entitled of course to their opinions but to me it's a load of codswallop. After 4 years, all I want is to see Bond back on the big screen in a new adventure. I'll worry about the rest later.

Look, i want a great bond adventure, but the gun barrel is something i realy care about. I find it a very thrilling moment when a bond gun barrel opens the film. The gun barrel means a lot to me and i have been worried about it not returning to its original place. It might sound stupid, but as a fan, thats what i care about.

You guys must know its a great thrilling experience when the gun barrel rolls on with the music at the cinema. Its amazing!!!! If it does go to an old dr no style, i will still like it, as it makes sense to celebrate 50 years. Not what i was expecting though.
  • OwenDavian wrote:
    What adele advert?

I watched it on ITV1
  • Was it an actual gunbarrel with the dots and everything?
  • GMSkarka wrote:

Hello? I'm right here.

Considering it is a hypothetical that literally has no chance of happening, this discussion is pointless. I'm not complaining about the gunbarrel, because this absurd concept will not happen and thus is not the gunbarrel.

Nevertheless, I have no issues with a non-traditional gunbarrel in theory, though I do long for a return to the classic format. On the old boards especially, I have been one of the biggest defenders of both the CR and QOS barrels.

Despite this, if Bond CLIMBED INTO THE BARREL OF A GUN and proceeded to WALK IN IT....then yes, that would be a deal breaker.

Good day.

• I'm with @BritishChap007, if Bond climbed into the f*cking barrel I'd definetly walk out.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Who said anything about him walking and climbing into the gunbarrel?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 3,494
    @ BritishChap and TLR- I'm not sure you two are imagining the rumo(u)red gunbarrel the way I am. The gunbarrel would zoom towards him as he walked towards it. Believe me when I say this idea was likely given some thought by EON and not by me as a personal idea, I am not with EON and the idea wasn't mine. Nevertheless, a traditional gunbarrel is just fine with me and while I also appreciated what they were trying to do with the previous two, I sure won't lose any sleep over a straight up and new version with Craig.

Hope that clears it up for you two :)
  • The first thing I'll say regarding this, is that the teaser poster has been misinterpreted by a lot of people. Bond isn't literally walking inside a gunbarrel. He's walking through a tunnel, and the translucent gunbarrel design over the top gives it that illusion.

The second point is that @SirHenryLeeChaChing is saying that Bond is walking towards the barrel of the gun, with the camera moving forward towards him through the barrel giving it that zooming look, not that Bond is actually stepping into the gun. That's ridiculous.
  • Thanks Battleship, that's an excellent description of what I was trying to say.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 555
    The first thing I'll say regarding this, is that the teaser poster has been misinterpreted by a lot of people. Bond isn't literally walking inside a gunbarrel. He's walking through a tunnel, and the translucent gunbarrel design over the top gives it that illusion.

The second point is that @SirHenryLeeChaChing is saying that Bond is walking towards the barrel of the gun, with the camera moving forward towards him through the barrel giving it that zooming look, not that Bond is actually stepping into the gun. That's ridiculous.

But the imagery would make it appear as if Bond was goin down the barrel....even more ridiculous. Just like the bullet in DAD, I don't care if it wasn't meant to be taken literally. It's physically impossible and looks dumb.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I just want the dots to appear, the gunbarrel forms, Bond walks in and fires, blood comes down and the gunbarrel sways until it fades white. Classic Gunbarrel.
  • The first thing I'll say regarding this, is that the teaser poster has been misinterpreted by a lot of people. Bond isn't literally walking inside a gunbarrel. He's walking through a tunnel, and the translucent gunbarrel design over the top gives it that illusion.

But the imagery would make it appear as if Bond was goin down the barrel....even more ridiculous. Just like the bullet in DAD, I don't care if it wasn't meant to be taken literally. It's physically impossible and looks dumb.

Well, I give up. There's a way to do this you aren't quite grasping. We're getting the traditional gunbarrel, no problem for anyone here, agree to disagree, time to move on.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    I'm with @BritishChap007 on this. Walking towards the gunbarrel is stupid. I understand what you're suggesting, @SirHenryLeeChaChing, I just don't like it.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The first thing I'll say regarding this, is that the teaser poster has been misinterpreted by a lot of people. Bond isn't literally walking inside a gunbarrel. He's walking through a tunnel, and the translucent gunbarrel design over the top gives it that illusion.

Gunbarrels don't move in phased dots either. It's also impossible for blood to flow down in front of said gunbarrel, but its okay because its just a visual effect. The laws of physics don't apply.