Roger Moore On BBC One Show Tonight

edited October 2012 in News Posts: 83
Heads up fellow Brits

Sir Rog is on the One Show Tonight at 7pm 05/10/12

Comments

Thanks for the heads up! Though I'm sure the mods would rather you have posted here - http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3852/tv-shows-and-all-tv-promo#Item_24

But myself will be watching to see what Rog is doing on Bond Day!
    Thanks for letting us know, @RyanKint. I'm sure if you had of posted it in "tv-shows" section nobody would have noticed it there until it was too late.
    bondsum wrote:
    Thanks for letting us know, @RyanKint. I'm sure if you had of posted it in "tv-shows" section nobody would have noticed it there until it was too late.

I agree, half the stuff that gets put on there I miss out, unless MI6 puts it on the site on/in time!
    The One Show? Poor Rog, I am sure they will ask his opinion on dodgy builders or saving the natterjack toad.
    actonsteve wrote:
    The One Show? Poor Rog, I am sure they will ask his opinion on dodgy builders or saving the natterjack toad.

He was on The One Show not long ago too. They obviously have some sort of deal with him.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Arent we lucky in UK!!

Rog on a show so poor that even Partridge would think twice about presenting it. Is that our lot whilst all I hear about is people all over the world going to see DN or OHMSS on the big screen tonight?
    I'm in Ireland so also will get to enjoy this tonight. Grew up with Rog as my Bond. Love the guy. And he's always a charming interview.
    Will record this and watch it later and fast forward all the rubbish bits without Rog
  • Thanks for the heads up! Would have missed otherwise. Will be happy to welcome Sir Rog into my living room for tea....
    Yep, will certainly be watching this later!
  • Sir Roger was on French TV this morning. He was explaining that DC did more physical work in the opening of CR than he did in all of his films combined.
    Sir Roger was on French TV this morning. He was explaining that DC did more physical work in the opening of CR than he did in all of his films combined.

:)) Bless him! He is probably telling the truth too! ;)
    still good at making people laugh. Caroline Munro briefly on it too. Worth watching whilst having dinner.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 3,333
    Sadly Sir Roger will not be at the Skyfall premiere as he'll be doing his one man show in Basingstoke that night. But it was great seeing the legend that is RM make an appearance on our TV screens again and raising a smile on the One Show.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Roger won't be at the premiere?? That sucks.
    He will be at the world Premiere, they were talking about the opening night on the Friday.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Oh ok good.
    Roger tongue in cheekily blaming Barbara Bach for executing Naomi was funny.

There was lots of coverage of Bond tonight on each of the terretria channel ie BBC, ITV, C5 and an intellectual discussion on C4 news.
    Sat through the pretentious Review Show after Newsnight for a pathetic 2 minutes discussion about Bond by people who hadn't got the first clue what they were talking about. Disappointing.

Rog put in a solid shift on The One Show fielding the inane questions of the cretinous presenters though.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Sat through the pretentious Review Show after Newsnight for a pathetic 2 minutes discussion about Bond by people who hadn't got the first clue what they were talking about. Disappointing.

Let me guess...rabbit rabbit...Roger Moore was rubbish, his movies are stupid...Daniel Craig is just what Fleming would have wanted*

*Not dissing DC who's great but not sure he's the ebodiment of Fleming's Bond.
  • The ever faithful Sir Roger Moore. The patron saint (no pun intended) of the James Bond series.
    BAIN123 wrote:

Let me guess...rabbit rabbit...Roger Moore was rubbish, his movies are stupid...Daniel Craig is just what Fleming would have wanted*

Not even that in depth mate!

'The best Bond theme was GF - I think Shirley Bassey should sing them all.'

'I liked Oddjob with his bowler hat'

'My favourite bit was when he had the fight with Jaws at the end on the train and pushed the bed up with the girl inside it (sic)'

'And now Mika with his latest single'

Honestly it was pitiful for a show that has pretentions of discussing the arts.
    BAIN123 wrote:

Not even that in depth mate!

'The best Bond theme was GF - I think Shirley Bassey should sing them all.'

'I liked Oddjob with his bowler hat'

'My favourite bit was when he had the fight with Jaws at the end on the train and pushed the bed up with the girl inside it (sic)'

'And now Mika with his latest single'

Honestly it was pitiful for a show that has pretentions of discussing the arts.

It sounds awful, I'm glad I missed it! I do hate it when they bring in so called 'Bond fans' who turn out to have a very mild/vague knowledge! If they're gonna grab someone for a show, for goodness sake, get someone who knows their stuff! I'm surprised they never tried getting @JamesPage for fan interviews, considering he's one of the founders of the biggest unofficial Bond fansite...
    I thought the piece on Peter Anthony, the 28-year-old model who was first chosen to be James Bond after winning a Bond competition, was quite interesting. I also liked Sir Roger's quip after the piece when he said: "He's aged better than me."
    bondsum wrote:
    I thought the piece on Peter Anthony, the 28-year-old model who was first chosen to be James Bond after winning a Bond competition, was quite interesting. I also liked Sir Roger's quip after the piece when he said: "He's aged better than me."

This news was certainly new to me! When they mocked him up into the role i did laugh, as he just reminded me of Lee Marvin do a turn as 007! ;))
    bondsum wrote:

I agree. Remarkably The One Show coverage was far better than Newsnight.

I dont anticipate ever typing that sentence again in my lifetime!
    'Art' and Roger Moore's Bond ? contadiction in terms. Oil and Water. Saw both Roger Moore AND Lee Marvin when I got tickets to 'Shout At The Devil' Premiere- Odeon Leicester Square (London) with a schoolfriend. One eyebrow up- one eyebrow down.