Your plans for the global James Bond day?

edited October 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 2,491
Like title says post what you are planning to do tomorrow :)

Comments

• Hopefully I will have the time to watch the very first film Dr.NO - While not my favourite 007 film I think it deserves a spin on global James Bond Day....
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Er go to work, come home, go to bed.

As I havent got a spare couple of grand to go down the auction what else am I supposed to do. Have you got any other suggestions?

Actually will probably slap DN on the bluray and maybe raise a glass to Cubby & Harry.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Working :(

But I plan to watch LTK (because it's my favourite), when I get in, then I'll go out and celebrate by getting drunk like Bond would, haven't had a night out for weeks anyway.
  • After work and making sure my kids are fed and they have what they need, I'll be here updating originals ratings, checking out the full Adele song, and then trying to get EON online through EPIX so my son and I can watch it. Next up Craig on SNL. Big Bond weekend planned over here :D
    work unfortunately followed by a dip into Sky Tv's dedicated 007 channel. Or I might just have a DVD session of my favourite Bond flick per actor. I still want to watch every single film in one marathon (or snickers!) session. Now that's a challenge to rise to!
    Well sadly it is work first and foremost! Then return home to see what 007 treats there are to feast my eyes and ears upon? :-bd
  • School in the morning :(

In Amsterdam, at the EYE film museum, they'll show a vintage 1969 copy of OHMSS. Of course I'm going there to celebrate!
    I'll be getting a hair cut in the morning, having a vodka martini at my favourite pub in the afternoon, and then heading to the first reading of the screenplay for the TV series pilot that I just got a lead role in. It's going to be a lovely day.
  • Like most i'll be at work but when I get home i'll be watching frwl, tswlm, ltk, ge and cr back to back. If I can manage it that is
    dragonsky wrote:
    Like title says post what you are planning to do tomorrow :)

Well, my birthday is on Global James Bond Day hehe :D. I have my best birthday present ever.
  • If only Skyfall were released here in the USA on November 2nd, I'd be seeing it on my birthday, November 4th. It'll be November 11th for me, can't break family tradition and see it without my brother in tow.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I will plan on popping in DN to celebrate the milestone.
    Cdr_Bond wrote:
    Like most i'll be at work but when I get home i'll be watching frwl, tswlm, ltk, ge and cr back to back. If I can manage it that is

Back to back? Do you only work 5 hours or something? You're looking at 10+ hours easy there! That's dedication! I'm watching half of TLD in HD as I type, and will watch the rest tomorrow, that's as much as I'll probably do regarding 007 day...may dig out a retro Bond game too!
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    I'll just go and mix a Berlin, celebrating the time zone I'm in. Happy JB-Day!
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Going for a run before work. Having lunch. Watching Lost with the wife then going to bed.
  • I'm off work tomorrow so I'll be looking in on Sky's new 007 HD channel to see what's on offer for the big day.
  • Agent005 wrote:
    I'll be getting a hair cut in the morning, having a vodka martini at my favourite pub in the afternoon, and then heading to the first reading of the screenplay for the TV series pilot that I just got a lead role in. It's going to be a lovely day.

This sounds interesting! Tell us more :) (If you want/ are allowed to)

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Agent005 wrote:

Yes, please do good sir!
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited October 2012 Posts: 858
    Got myself a DC-ish haircut today, so I'm ready for tomorrow:
    First college, going in a dinner jacket of course ;)
    Then, after a very long-feeling and dull day, It's a traintrip to the capital to see an original copy of On Her Majesty's Secret Service on the big screen,
    followed by a special event held by fox for the blu-ray box with co-operation of a fan club and Bond Lifestyle. All in all, a good start of both the weekend and the Bond-season.
    Agent005 wrote:

Can't say much about it just yet, but it's called The Drama Shoppe. It'll be a Portlandia-style comedy. We're filming at the end of the month and then keeping our fingers crossed that it gets picked up.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Spending the night at the grange hotel in Fenchurch street with the girlfriend and I'll be bringing my laptop so we can watch Dr.No before I get down to "business" Bond style.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2012 Posts: 4,415
    MartinBond wrote:
    Got myself a DC-ish haircut today, so I'm ready for tomorrow:
    First college, going in a dinner jacket of course ;)
    Then, after a very long-feeling and dull day, It's a traintrip to the capital to see an original copy of On Her Majesty's Secret Service on the big screen,
    followed by a special event held by fox for the blu-ray box with co-operation of a fan club and Bond Lifestyle. All in all, a good start of both the weekend and the Bond-season.

First i whant to go to that Eye museum yesterday, but i give them a call yesterday because that movie website where i read on 28 September that there be event on 4 and 5 October and the website from that museum (and folder with Connery on the front from that museum who i get when i whas in poster store for searching the Skyfall poster who i also not found.) not realy give clear information for me. I expect something like there did wit Kubriek, what i never visit. A good reasen for the call be that there that there be a mistake on that movie website, there said that last monday 1 October pathe showing that Eon documentry whant not be true i read nothing about on pathe.nl. The museum confirm there only show 4 movies, starring with DAF what the website of the museum said. There are no events like Kubriek at the moment in the museum. I thaught Bond be a good excuse to take visit to that museum. I never plan to see DAF.

On 28 September i also send a email to century fox with the email adres i read on that movie same website, i think afterall there be to late to post that news. I expect i get more information about event and then deside or wil go or not, but on 2 October i get a message back that iam not one of winners. MartinBond mabey you can make some pictures.

And of course iam curious when that Eon documentry wil be given in my country if it whasn't 1 October. Another big :-q failer in promotion.

So to anser the topic starter quistion: Nothing special.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Agent005 wrote:
    Agent005 wrote:

Can't say much about it just yet, but it's called The Drama Shoppe. It'll be a Portlandia-style comedy. We're filming at the end of the month and then keeping our fingers crossed that it gets picked up.

Wow! Cheers, and good luck to you my good man. Here's hoping that your wishes come true! [-O<
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 87
    Welcome again! I watched Dr. No yesterday because today I'm going to my local cinema to see Goldfinger - first time Sean Connery and John Barry music on big screen!!! Happy 50th Birthday James Bond !!! Have a good fun at Global James Bond Day!
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Working til 4:30p then heading over to my uncle's house cause his cable provider carries EPIX. Hoping to catch EON there and perhaps capture it on my laptop so I have a copy.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Start my Bondathon and drink some vodka martini's...Shaken, not shtirred! ;)
    Agent005 wrote:

Ha, I meant "good luck", not "good look". I fixed that in my post, but congratulations and indeed good luck to you all the same.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    I'll be going to a local Bond party >>> http://www.facebook.com/events/261271147308648/

And I'll be wearing my Omega >>>

8055670947_000b549111_c.jpg
    imranbecks wrote:
    I'll be going to a local Bond party >>> http://www.facebook.com/events/261271147308648/

And I'll be wearing my Omega >>>

8055670947_000b549111_c.jpg
    How pretty that is....