Spectre Gunbarrel ***Spoilers***

Comments

• I asked Tony Lewis if the gun barrel is back, but he said ill have to wait to find out. lol.

But i think it iwll be, ive just been worried about it, because it means alot to me.

You expected something different? I had to practically sign a confidentiality agreement and talk in circles to find out what I wanted to know about the soundtrack. So assuming I got the truth, then I have an answer many people here would like to know. But I made a promise and I'll keep it until the film is released and hear for myself.

I wouldn't worry about the gunbarrel, it'll be in it's customary spot. However I don't know if it will be the traditional walk, turn, shoot, blood without a little bit of a twist. The artwork out there suggests he may actually walk into the gunbarrel and into focus. How do people feel about that? I think it would be very interesting and I like that idea. But then I actually like the CGI bullet (about the only CGI I liked) in DAD.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'm all for him walking towards the camera. Maybe the white dots that scroll from left as normal could stop in the middle and become a light or something as it zooms in/morphs into the barrel. Then we see Craig walk in.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    Well, if the gun barrel opens the film. Thats a great start. Im still not sure about them changing it from the traditional view. I dont think i would ever grow old of watching the traditional gun barrle angle. Although, bond walking towards the screen shounds interesting. In the end, things do change over time dont they.

As long as it opens with the bond theme, im a happy bond fan. ;)

What do you think about the gun barrel been gold. I think it would be a good idea to represent the 50th anniversary
  • The Pierce barrel was really the perfect update of the Binder-barrel. I want it back
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Perhaps the very thing that a photo in the Bond On Set book that is Craig shootning against a camera with a background a hint that the gunbarrel will be back at start. Just because that is the first real thing shown in the book?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I dont want Craig walking towards the screen. It's an unnecessary change. What we need is the traditional gun barrel as per usual. No more deviations, please!
  • doubleoego wrote:
    I dont want Craig walking towards the screen. It's an unnecessary change. What we need is the traditional gun barrel as per usual. No more deviations, please!

Yes, I totally agree. I want it back traditionaly. Fingers crossed it will. But im not sure if it will. I have a feeling they have made him walk towards it like the photos.
  • doubleoego wrote:

Yes, I totally agree. I want it back traditionaly. Fingers crossed it will. But im not sure if it will. I have a feeling they have made him walk towards it like the photos.

What photos of him walking towards the camera?

• Well, the poster in black and white with the gun barrel.
  • The Pierce barrel was really the perfect update of the Binder-barrel. I want it back

Yeah I really liked the Brosnan gunbarrel, it just looked really slick. It'd be cool if they bought it back.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,261
    I just realised that we might get a Gunbarrel sequence shot by <b>Roger Deakins</b>!
    Indeed. Here's the first shot:

craigy2a.jpg

Fabulouth.

:-O :O :)) :bz

As some people have stated, there was dramaturgic expalanation to have the Gunbarrel at the end of QOS. And, yes, the QOS gunbarrel is way too fast, Craig should walk slower, and the red stuff should drip down a bit slower. The thing I liked about it was, that, when the gunbarrel diminisehs, we could see Craig turmning lefgt and proceeded walking. That looked kinda cool... Also we will hear how Newman's version of the James Bond theme will actually sound...

That's hardly reason to think the gunbarrel will be like that.

And the Adele poster too. I seriously think they are seriously considering doing this, there is rumo(u)r to that effect. As long as the GB is where it belongs, it really doesn't bother me and no one should go overboard complaining about it if it does happen, it might actually be very cool depending on how they move from it to the PTS.
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    Well, the poster in black and white with the gun barrel.

And the Adele poster too. I seriously think they are seriously considering doing this, there is rumo(u)r to that effect. As long as the GB is where it belongs, it really doesn't bother me and no one should go overboard complaining about it if it does happen, it might actually be very cool depending on how they move from it to the PTS.

Well, if that happens the GB will be an even more hollow symbol without sense than it was in DAD. The Poster only did that for effect. I always thought the gunbarrel was kind of an introduction where it shows how fast and dangerous he is. When he walks into the gun of his opponent it only shows how small he can shrink?!

Yeah I really liked the Brosnan gunbarrel, it just looked really slick. It'd be cool if they bought it back.

Indeed. It had all the traditional features and lines and looked modern (unlike the CR and QOS counterparts, which hardly even had the latter. Both artistic messes IMHO).

Indeed. It had all the traditional features and lines and looked modern (unlike the CR and QOS counterparts, which hardly even had the latter. Both artistic messes IMHO).

I like what they were going for with the CR gunbarrel but I think the gunbarrel itself just looks ugly. The QOS one was just a mess.

I hope that doesn't happen because I really want a proper, traditional gunbarrel. There is a photo for the new behind the scenes book that looks like they were filming a gunbarrel, so here's hoping.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    gunbarrel.png
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Eiragorn wrote:

Well, if that happens the GB will be an even more hollow symbol without sense than it was in DAD. The Poster only did that for effect. I always thought the gunbarrel was kind of an introduction where it shows how fast and dangerous he is. When he walks into the gun of his opponent it only shows how small he can shrink?!

I think the opposite of small, I think I'd like to see Craig become larger than life during his walk like the closeup at the end of the CR title sequence. If they do, I'd like them to focus on his eyes which would then go from blue to the white dot and then into the PTS. I know a lot of people want a strict gunbarrel, which as I've said wouldn't put me off in any way, but if you're going to be a little creative instead of opting for cliche, then I'd say this is what I would do.

OwenDavian wrote:

It wasnt me who first staited it. I was just saying what image represents him walking towards the screen, like you asked.

It's obvious that gun barrel is back, as it shows it in a few different posters. As long as its where it belongs, im not too bothered how it looks. But I would like it back, simular to the pierce brosnan era.
  • OwenDavian wrote:

It wasnt me who first staited it. I was just saying what image represents him walking towards the screen, like you asked.

It's obvious that gun barrel is back, as it shows it in a few different posters. As long as its where it belongs, im not too bothered how it looks. But I would like it back, simular to the pierce brosnan era.

Well you mentioned 'photos' so I was wondering what you meant.

• ok , no worries.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 555
    Eiragorn wrote:

I think the opposite of small, I think I'd like to see Craig become larger than life during his walk like the closeup at the end of the CR title sequence. If they do, I'd like them to focus on his eyes which would then go from blue to the white dot and then into the PTS. I know a lot of people want a strict gunbarrel, which as I've said wouldn't put me off in any way, but if you're going to be a little creative instead of opting for cliche, then I'd say this is what I would do.

It's a gunbarrel. As in the barrel of a gun. You can't walk into it, unless you're AntMan. It's fine for posters, because its using the symbol to represent Bond. But Bond walking into the barrel at the start of the movie....I can honestly say I'd walk out.

Thankfully, contrary to what you believe, there is 0% chance of this happening in Skyfall.
    gunbarrel.png

Awesome; although it looks like his arm is still in motion, so no blood yet ;)
  • I I would very much like to see the GB return to its normal place at the beginning of the film and without all the bells and whistles that the last three Films have done to “amp” up the GB. When it was first discussed that Bond could be out of focus and then walk toward them camera and then be in focus sounded like a cool idea. I think it adds a nice element of mystery to the opening but considering the “botched” GB from the last three films, I don’t actually trust M.G.W. or B.B. to recreate it...again. All I want is the return to normal, similar to the first three Brosnan films.
  • The GB will be at the beginning I'm sure. What concerns me however is if they breeze through it like Quantum's GB. That one only lasted 12 seconds, I remember feeling like it was over before I could appreciate it when I saw it for the first time. While I like the texture and look of the Quantum GB, it needs to be longer, and of course at the beginning. My though is that they have to lead into it with a drum role before blaring the theme at its absolute Bondiest, and then play it slow enough so that the whole thing takes 20 - 25 seconds.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S

At 00:58 you can see the gunbarrel. Or atleast a the shooting of it.
    MrBond wrote:

Never mind the Gunbarrel?! There is alot of unseen footage in that i had not seen before! :-O Great stuff!!!! :-bd
    wow, thanks for that video. THE GUN BARREL IS BACK. YESS!!!! I stopped watching after gun barrel, no more spoliers for me. thanks
  • OMG!! i'm at work and have no sound to listen to the video. must...watch...now.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

Never mind the Gunbarrel?! There is alot of unseen footage in that i had not seen before! :-O Great stuff!!!! :-bd

I hadn't seen loads of it either!!!! Great video, and nice news about the gunbarrel
  • But Bond walking into the barrel at the start of the movie....I can honestly say I'd walk out.

Glad to see that folks are keeping things in perspective and not overreacting or anything....