Title Songs For The Novels...

HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
edited July 2012 in Music Posts: 4,399
if you could pick a title song to go along with a Bond book, what would it be?.... this is similar to the "what song would make a great Bond theme" game, but doing it for the novels, not the films.... all works are allowed - Fleming, Gardner, Amis, Benson, Higson, Faulkes and Deaver...

i'll start with my two....

first...

NOBODY LIVES FOREVER by John Gardner
title song: "Who Wants To Live Forever" by Queen

second...

ICEBREAKER by John Gardner
title song: "Frozen" by Madonna

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    ZERO MINUS TEN by Raymond Benson
    title song: "The Final Countdown" by Europe

HASEROT wrote:
    first...

NOBODY LIVES FOREVER by John Gardner
    title song: "Who Wants To Live Forever" by Queen

This one will be forever assosiated with the HIGHLANDER series so would make a poor title song for anything else not to do with the Highlander series.

• They actually did a soundtrack for a Bond novel -- there was a contest to find an unsigned band to do a theme for the Sebastian Faulks Bond novel, "Devil May Care" a few years back. Here is the winner:

• edited October 2012 Posts: 5,745
    GMSkarka wrote:
    They actually did a soundtrack for a Bond novel -- there was a contest to find an unsigned band to do a theme for the Sebastian Faulks Bond novel, "Devil May Care" a few years back. Here is the winner:

It's nice to see the video was filmed with a Medium grade potato. Good to know they spent the extra cash to upgrade their bottom-of-the-line potato.
    The song was alright. Didn't like the yelling at the beginning. And it was pretty... standard rock song -ish.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    in terms of DMC.. i liked that Sal song.... but i always thought this song was superior... reminds me a lot of those glorious Bond themes from the 80s by Duran Duran or A-Ha