Your PPK.

edited October 2012 in Merchandise Posts: 822
Just curious. If you have a ppk in your Bond collection, which one is it? I just bought a Denix replica, as there's a 5-year-old in the house and I do not want airsoft. It should ship soon. So, which ppk do you have?

Comments

• imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    The one i have is a resin replica of the P99 which i display proudly... It has a non functioning trigger of coz seeing as its entirely made of resin. Inner weights added for it to feel heavy and authentic.

7520175156_cda335a260_c.jpg
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Hey all,
    I just wanted to remind anyone posting on this thread that whilst it's fine to post pictures of your collection, Mi6 Community is a UK based website and, as such, abide by UK law. Because of this, any links to where you can purchase a replica weapon will be removed and the use of this site to sell replica weapons will be treated as a breech of the T&Cs.

Personally, I'd love to own a replica or deactivated PPK. Them's the breaks.
  • oo7oo7
    I see little harm in what they are doing here. If someone wished to turn a mauser into han solos gun or indeed make a aliens pulse rifle those guns are rather fantastical.
    now the above poster has merely stated its a replica and his watch is good as well
    Has anyone set a post like this up for cars or costume?
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    Hey all,
    I just wanted to remind anyone posting on this thread that whilst it's fine to post pictures of your collection, Mi6 Community is a UK based website and, as such, abide by UK law. Because of this, any links to where you can purchase a replica weapon will be removed and the use of this site to sell replica weapons will be treated as a breech of the T&Cs.

Personally, I'd love to own a replica or deactivated PPK. Them's the breaks.

Boy we really are living in a police state, can't even post a link on a forum to where you purchased a replica gun ? yet its okay for my government to send drones over in Afghanistan and slaughter innocent civilians ...The New World Order has won
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @DRESSED_TO_KILL, he's a mod, and has the right to do what he will with this thread. It's best not to get a childish attitude with him.

With off-topic talk like this and babbling drivel, it's no wonder topics get shut down instantly. We've had numerous PPK/weapon threads before that have all been closed.
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @DRESSED_TO_KILL, he's a mod, and has the right to do what he will with this thread. It's best not to get a childish attitude with him.

With off-topic talk like this and babbling drivel, it's no wonder topics get shut down instantly. We've had numerous PPK/weapon threads before that have all been closed.

I didn't have a childish attitude with him, I was expressing my opinion on the absurd law that exists, can't I even do that ? Or will I be sent into indefinite detention with no trial or reasoning ?

Creasy47 wrote:

I didn't have a childish attitude with him, I was expressing my opinion on the absurd law that exists, can't I even do that ? Or will I be sent into indefinite detention with no trial or reasoning ?

Just do as he asks. Some of the rules here may seem pointless to you - I agree, I wish we could post pictures without having to use links - but we haven't a choice.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 4,813
    I have a BB gun from several years ago- I think I got it at Dick's Sporting Goods. It looks pretty real- except for the magazine, and tiny gunbarrel hole
    I also frequent 'theRPF.com' which is exclusively about replica props from movies and games and I have seen links for very realistic PPK's, even for under $100.
    In the near future I may try to look into upgrading
    edited October 2012 Posts: 864
    oo7 wrote:
    I see little harm in what they are doing here...the above poster has merely stated its a replica.

I know, and I didn't say there was a problem posting pictures of your collection, or that this thread was going against the forum's policy - if it had been, I'd have closed it. I was just reminding people in case it got to that point.
    Boy we really are living in a police state, can't even post a link on a forum to where you purchased a replica gun ? yet its okay for my government to send drones over in Afghanistan and slaughter innocent civilians ...The New World Order has won

@DRESSED_TO_KILL - this is not a big "police state" thing. We're really happy for people to discuss their collection and post pictures. I was just reminding people of our policy here on replica firearms. It's been that way even before MI6 Community was launched, when it was still "Keeping The British End Up", so this isn't exactly a new stance. Aligning what I did - reminding you of forum policy - with the killing of innocent civilians is honestly ridiculous and pretty offensive.

Honestly, I thought I was pretty friendly about how I mentioned it. Mods do a difficult job here - we do our best to keep the place running and we get called a fascists. Nice way to say "thanks". Anyway, the mods give up their own time to help keep the Community running smoothly and we do it voluntarily. Try to remember that.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited October 2012 Posts: 16,328
    I have a green gas Semi auto PPK airsoft gun and a Walther BB co2 PPK (that is broken but I use it as a stunt prop for movie.)

jfapose.jpg
    This is a pic of me posing with my PPK airsoft gun with a silencer made from a tube used to hold receipt paper. (I'm also channeling my favorite Bond in this pic. Pierce Brosnan! :D)
  • oo7oo7
    Murdock wrote:
    I have a green gas Semi auto PPK airsoft gun and a Walther BB co2 PPK (that is broken but I use it as a stunt prop for movie.)

jfapose.jpg
    This is a pic of me posing with my PPK airsoft gun with a silencer made from a tube used to hold receipt paper. (I'm also channeling my favorite Bond in this pic. Pierce Brosnan! :D)

you should double that tube up to get the size better
    Very cool @Murdock!
    I just hate the criticism to the mods over rules that don't depend on them!
    @007, I'll see what I can do. Right now, It looks similar or equal too the size of the silenced PPK in GoldenEye. :D

@0013, A lot of times depending on the forum, people can pretty much say and do whatever and take a "It's just the internet guys hardy har har!" attitude towards it. :(
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Even though I already have a resin replica of the P99 as pictured in my previous post here, I'm still on a search for a resin replica of the PPK....
  • Any of our American friends own a real Walther hand gun? The only reason I ask is you are legally able to purchase such things? In the UK is it still legal to own a BB gun or even an elastic rubber band?!
    I don't own a real walther weapon, but I've seen many walther pistols for sale at sporting goods stores and gun shops. Mainly silver PPK/S
  • Murdock wrote:
    I don't own a real walther weapon, but I've seen many walther pistols for sale at sporting goods stores and gun shops. Mainly silver PPK/S

If I lived in The U.S. I would definitely look in to making such a purchase. That said I am actually grateful I live in the UK whereby no such purchase would be possible. Whilst I'd like to think I'm responsible enough of a person to own such a thing, sadly too many other people in our society are not.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 16,328
    Murdock wrote:

If I lived in The U.S. I would definitely look in to making such a purchase. That said I am actually grateful I live in the UK whereby no such purchase would be possible. Whilst I'd like to think I'm responsible enough of a person to own such a thing, sadly too many other people in our society are not.

I don't really like Real guns, but I enjoy airsoft guns and BB guns (without the pellets of course) I like using them as movie props. Cool and fun without the danger. (just don't wave them around in public obviously.)

Here's mine.
    577069_437564969614793_1367066936_n.jpg
    (the left one is an Airsoft gun an the right one is a broken non firing BB gun.)
  • That one on the right is the same one I have @Murdock! You cut off that ugly twisty thing on the bottom like me, didn't you? =D>

That gun is a BB gun and the Co2 cylinder was in the handle-- it was set into place by turning a HUGE knob on the bottom. It lost any credibility as 'Bond's gun' right there
  • BTW here's what I've got:

DSC_03481.jpg

The PPK is the same one Murdock has- a BB Gun. And the P99 is an spring-loaded airsoft pistol

The silencer actually came with the P99
  • I've fired a gun before but never a PPK, and I don't have a replica.

I remember having a James Bond cap gun for christmas when I was a kid though, it was just a normal metal blue capgun with 007 slapped on the box but I was really happy with it.

@doubleonothing I keep forgetting you're a mod! You really need one of those flashy profile pics with the MI6 logo :)

@doubleonothing I keep forgetting you're a mod! You really need one of those flashy profile pics with the MI6 logo :)

Yeah, me too.

I guess I should get one. I'll ask if they've got a spare one down in Q's old gadget store.

That one on the right is the same one I have @Murdock! You cut off that ugly twisty thing on the bottom like me, didn't you? =D>

That gun is a BB gun and the Co2 cylinder was in the handle-- it was set into place by turning a HUGE knob on the bottom. It lost any credibility as 'Bond's gun' right there

Yes, after the firing pin broke, the gun was pretty much useless so I just cut off the Co2 knob. I can still pull back the trigger and fire but it would never be able to shoot with CO2.

The Green Gas airsoft gun is pretty much the same except you load the gas into the clip. unfortunately you can't dry fire it with gas to be semi-auto, it's got to be loaded with pellets for it to shoot semi-auto. :(
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Well look who it is... :-w
    edited November 2013 Posts: 16,328
    007 Errr....just leave the Beretta...

Anyway. lol, Tony Stark once said it needs more...me.
    http://i.imgur.com/s9ek2d7.jpg
    Well, I wonder how @TouchMyButtons managed to sneak back here. Real shame, this one.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Well, I wonder how @TouchMyButtons managed to sneak back here. Real shame, this one.

Alt Account most likely.
  • Well look who it is... :-w
    Murdock wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Alt Account most likely.
    He had to blow his cover by posting a photo of himself. Not terribly sneaky
    :-? :D
    It was pretty obvious; he had the same attitude and quick philosophical/political/religious quips as his former account. It's just that when an account is banned here, the IP is banned, so he has to access it from a different place, or he's just gone unnoticed.