Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

Adele won't be a bigger draw than Craig. Would you go and see a film just for the theme song? If people go and see SF it won't be for Adele, they'd have to be intresed in he film too. If they just wanted to hear the song they'd just buy it.

I've watched a movie to hear a band I loved feature on the soundtrack, and Adele fans seem to be a lot more keen on her than I was for my band.
  • Adele won't be a bigger draw than Craig. Would you go and see a film just for the theme song? If people go and see SF it won't be for Adele, they'd have to be intresed in he film too. If they just wanted to hear the song they'd just buy it.

haha this was being talked about the other day among Adele fans, you'd be surprised how many are going to watch the movie to hear Adele!!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, but for the majority of movie-going folks, they would not choose to see a film based primarily on the singer/soundtrack.

Anyhoo ... of course Tony can't confirm anything officially; it's his job to follow EON's lead on that. He's a professional. I don't blame him for having a little fun. Short time to wait now for us all.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Adele won't be a bigger draw than Craig. Would you go and see a film just for the theme song? If people go and see SF it won't be for Adele, they'd have to be intresed in he film too. If they just wanted to hear the song they'd just buy it.

I think it was on Youtube - it may have been here - where someone who saw the trailer and heard the Adele rumors said that they were a fan of Bond, but were going to skip out on it because Adele was probably going to do the theme song.

A fan of something is going to skip out on a film that is longer than two hours, just to avoid a three minute song? Pathetic.

• From reading the article, he's not suggesting people will go see the movie just to hear Adele sing the theme; he's saying "Skyfall" the single could be bigger than Skyfall the movie because it's the first new Adele material since 21. If it's even a tenth as good as Roger Friedman thinks it is, it'll easily become the first ever No. 1 Bond theme in the UK, and the second in the U.S. (after Duran Duran's AVTAK). I don't think it'll make the Grammy deadline, but if it really IS that good it'll be a cinch for an Oscar nomination and the odds-on favorite to win--thanks more to Adele than Bond.
  • adelefan wrote:

haha this was being talked about the other day among Adele fans, you'd be surprised how many are going to watch the movie to hear Adele!!

Big Adele fans far eough, but if you just liked Adeles music (not loved) and didn't care about SF at all after watching the trailers, etc, would go and see it or would you just buy the song?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe

Exactly, that doesn't make any sense, I agree completely with you.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655

I nearly fell for this when i noticed it on youtube.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 501

Is this real??? I like it, but don't know, I didn't imagine it like this.
    I'm not buying it. I don't think it's real.
    No, it is fake. For one, it doesnt sound anything like Adele. Secondly it says the title of past bond films, and i doubt they would do that .

Is the official confirmation going to be tomorrow????
  • That's not Adele's voice.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Fingers crossed the announcement will come tomorrow. There is no chance of us hearing the song before Friday. That will finally put to bed these silly fan attempts at the song.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Fingers crossed the announcement will come tomorrow. There is no chance of us hearing the song before Friday. That will finally put to bed these silly fan attempts at the song.

My thoughts exactly.
  • adelefan wrote:

Which is great as far as I'm concerned, because some of them will become new fans of Bond as well. Hopefully yourself included. Our franchise has been stronger than normal the past few years with the general population, and this new movie of ours was hot property before this expected announcement of Adele doing the title theme. Her involvement just increases the buzz. Make sure you tell everyone about our site and that we welcome new Bond fans every day!

• Which is great as far as I'm concerned, because some of them will become new fans of Bond as well. Hopefully yourself included. Our franchise has been stronger than normal the past few years with the general population, and this new movie of ours was hot property before this expected announcement of Adele doing the title theme. Her involvement just increases the buzz. Make sure you tell everyone about our site and that we welcome new Bond fans every day!

For the longest I've wanted to watch ALL of the Bond films back to back, hopefully this will finally urge me to lol I started to watch them last year but got sidetracked and couldn't continue. I'm a fan, just never had the time to watch them all.
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia

When it was real, it would be way the weakest song Adele has ever recorded. Simply blunt and all those Bond titles in there are soooo pedestrian. And the voice implies her throat surgery has gone horribly wrong ;-)

But seriously: A real leak would never ever have the MGM lion roar in the beginning.
    The could well be the first song in a long time, not leaked. So, even though the surprise of the artist is ruined, the song has been kept well hidden. Good on EON for something, then!
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    The could well be the first song in a long time, not leaked. So, even though the surprise of the artist is ruined, the song has been kept well hidden. Good on EON for something, then!

But the lyrics might have been leaked.
  • 0iker0 wrote:

Is this real??? I like it, but don't know, I didn't imagine it like this.
    I'm not buying it. I don't think it's real.

Lol...."Bond 23"

edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:

But the lyrics might have been leaked.

Not the song though, that's my point. I suppose you could say a few of the lines have been ruined but clearly not eveything and not the song. We're yet to hear it.
  • I knew it wasnt the real song. Just thought i would add it for something to talk about. We will hopefuly be talking about the official comfirmation tomorrow.

Do you guys think they will announce the date , 5th when they will release the song.
  • I knew it wasnt the real song. Just thought i would add it for something to talk about. We will hopefuly be talking about the official comfirmation tomorrow.

Do you guys think they will announce the date , 5th when they will release the song.
    It's funny how many folks missed where you said "I nearly fell for this..." (i.e., you didn't). Not to mention the picture has telltale signs of a crude ripoff of the leaked official cover, most notably Adele's name not in the official Skyfall font; also Roger Friedman's speculated title at the bottom, wrong color scheme, and a different alignment of Adele's face vis-a-vis the gunbarrel image. (I seem to recall seeing a similar fan image before the cover leaked.)
    Why was a Youtube link that was confirmed to be fake posted here anyway?
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Because Gareth "nearly fell for" it...

Just keep smiling. 5 days to go, then all these videos can stop being posted.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 503
    [RETRACTED]

Confirmed as fake. I am ashamed.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Because Gareth "nearly fell for" it...

Just keep smiling. 5 days to go, then all these videos can stop being posted.

Now that it's pretty much confirmed, that's my sole reason for my excitement for five days from now.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 4,012
    Bond wrote:
    Sadly I think it's the real deal, not fake.

What do you say it's real, that song? It's not even Adele singing :D
    Bond wrote:
    Sadly I think it's the real deal, not fake.

THE SONG FROM YOUTUBE? ARE YOU JOKING?

lol, i didnt fall for it when the song started to play, its when i just noticed it on tyoutube. I had a feeling it would be fake, but for a second i though... hmm is this real.

No way is that real. They wouldnt have a bond song with names from other films in it. Also,, ITS NOT ADELE SINGING.

I think they will announce when they are releasing the song, because it will proberbly be live on the radio first.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 503
    ­