The Hobbit (2012 - 2014)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    boldfinger wrote:
    Nice trailer I must say. Just when I had banned my LOTR dvds into the second row.

Theatrical or Extended Edition? My Theatrical versions are... somewhere in my room, while my Extended Editions are right behind me, sitting on top of a few other DVD cases.
  • I'm pretty sure this is just footage from Part 1.
    I don't see anything from Laketown or Smaug or nothing.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    We have more new footage now, via alternate ending trailers.

http://www.slashfilm.com/more-new-footage-from-the-hobbit-via-alternate-trailer-endings/
    boldfinger wrote:
    Nice trailer I must say. Just when I had banned my LOTR dvds into the second row.

Theatrical or Extended Edition? My Theatrical versions are... somewhere in my room, while my Extended Editions are right behind me, sitting on top of a few other DVD cases.
    Theatrical version. I don´t own the extended ones, don´t like them that much. Let´s just say I´m not much into fantasy storys. ;-)

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    boldfinger wrote:
    Theatrical version. I don´t own the extended ones, don´t like them that much. Let´s just say I´m not much into fantasy storys. ;-)

Understandable. I've only got them because I 1) wanted to see what was new, and 2) had the money at the time.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 5,767
    boldfinger wrote:

Understandable. I've only got them because I 1) wanted to see what was new, and 2) had the money at the time.
    Oh I know enough people who can´t get enough of middle earth and won´t have the "short" versions in which "so many important things are missing" in their home, and I don´t blame them. My sister for example. On the other side, I just find the theatrical version much slicker to watch, they are much clearer composed as far as each single film is concerned.

boldfinger wrote:
    ]Oh I know enough people who can´t get enough of middle earth and won´t have the "short" versions in which "so many important things are missing" in their home, and I don´t blame them.

Hilariously, I before I saw the Extended Editions, I never felt like anything was missing. Even when I read explanations of the scenes that were added back in, the Theatrical versions still felt complete (except maybe for Saruman's death, the Theatrical version robbed me of a real conclusion to the Saruman storyline). It wasn't until I saw the Extended Editions and saw the added scenes that I asked myself, "What the f*ck was wrong with them? Why did they cut that out?!"
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Creasy47 wrote:

It was released yesterday to celebrate Bilbo's and Frodo's birthday but to be honest I'm not sure if I like it much.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Was expecting something abit more epic? This is a little underwhelming! :-q
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    The poster we're waiting for will come much later on...we still haven't got Skyfall's yet! Don't get ahead of yourselves.
    I have got to say, I was looking at my LOTR trilogy today, Gollum Statue staring back at me, and I got chills. I remembered how those films made me feel at the cinema. Feel. That word sums up the magic of what Jackson did on those films. He made me feel emotions I'd only felt years ago as a child when first viewing classic films for the first time. Jaws, E.T, Star Wars, The Wizard of Oz. All of these movies stir emotions in a person and that trilogy was one of only a small few that have made me feel it as an adult. Knowing now that he is giving us another trilogy in his wonderful vision of middle-earth has made me very happy indeed. I cannot wait for December.
    New 'Dwarves' poster has been released:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=95269
    Creasy47 wrote:
    New 'Dwarves' poster has been released:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=95269

Nice but looks like that kind of photo taken at a party "Now everybody get closer so that you all get in the photo" or perhaps that the idea :>
    A new character scroll has been released:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=95326
    How cool is that? This film will be great. Star Wars: Episode I done right, if you will.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 5,767
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=96349
    comingsoon wrote:
    “It’s looking like it’s going to be about ten minutes shorter than Fellowship was," said Jackson. "So it’s going to be officially our shortest Middle-earth yet. I mean, Fellowship was just under three hours and this is about 2 hours 40 minutes at the moment.”

That time also doesn't include the ending credits which haven't been added yet, plus some effects shots remain to be finalized which could alter the time once again.
    That's long enough! With two more films to go and the extended editions, I'm stunned this trilogy could be nearly as long as the last.
    Preview of Radagast The Brown track from The Hobbit OST. This shows why Howard Shore is the probably the best film composer of our time.
    Oh yes. Wonderful. Without Howard Shore coming back you can be these films wouldn't have been able to be as good as the others. To me, this is really the only other film worth seeing this year.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Oh yes. Wonderful. Without Howard Shore coming back you can be these films wouldn't have been able to be as good as the others. To me, this is really the only other film worth seeing this year.

Same thing for me, although I'll be watching Cloud Atlas in a couple of weeks because I was intrigued by the trailer and a friend ows me a ticket but I honestly don't what to expect from it :-?
    Why couldn´t he score Skyfall?
    I'm not sure his style would be the most adequate but why not? He is my favourite film composer and his works always reach beyond the film he's composing for. I would be curious to know what he'd do with a Bond score.
    Sandy wrote:
    I'm not sure his style would be the most adequate but why not? He is my favourite film composer and his works always reach beyond the film he's composing for. I would be curious to know what he'd do with a Bond score.
    I don´t think what Newman did is the most adequate style ;-). And, as you say, Shore´s work reaches beyond the film.
    When do you think we will get the next trailer?
    Another sample from the soundtrack, Old friends. It has a little bit of the Concerning Hobbits suite with a few twists and turns, perhaps more sophisticated and less folk. Very nice!
    Neil Finn is doing the songs for the movie, and now his rendition of "Song of a Lonely Mountain" has been released: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/neil-finn-reaches-epic-heights-on-song-of-the-lonely-mountain-song-premiere-20121112

Its breathtakingly beautiful! They made the perfect choice with Enya on LOTR and it seems they've made the perfect choice for this series as well! ^:)^
    obin_gam wrote:
    Neil Finn is doing the songs for the movie, and now his rendition of "Song of a Lonely Mountain" has been released: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/neil-finn-reaches-epic-heights-on-song-of-the-lonely-mountain-song-premiere-20121112

Its breathtakingly beautiful! They made the perfect choice with Enya on LOTR and it seems they've made the perfect choice for this series as well! ^:)^

Thanks for the link @obin_gam, that's so beautiful. Dwarves Rock (literally).
    And the soundtrack is now available to listen online http://www.decca.com/hosting/hobbit/. I'm listening to it now and it's fantastic work.