The Bond Mixology - iPhone App

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited June 2011 in News Posts: 13,350
A new app comes stocked with recipes and serving instructions for all 28 different drinks featured in the 23 James Bond movies.

Though the British spy is most famous for sucking down the classic shaken vodka martini, turns out the winsome wooer had a healthy appetite for all kinds of sauce.

The Bond Mixology app has seven recipes for mixed drinks, while the other 19 entries are really serving instructions for what temperature and how many ice cubes to add to the Bond-worthy glass of bourbon or sake.

Spy-like, the app also prepares you for any cocktail eventuality. With the Cabinet tab, you can arm your minibar with every ingredient you'd ever need to serve a Bond drink.

The app also scrupulously lists scene details, timings and movie information from IMDB for each appearance of hooch in Bond's extensive repertoire.

For example, you can search for a drink using the movie list (orderd by year), which will tell you that Sean Connery tossed back two vodka martinis, two Scotch whiskys, one red wine and a shot of vodka in the 1962 adaptation of "Dr. No," while Timothy Dalton lasted through "License to Kill" fortified almost solely by champagne.

Or, you could search through the listing using the Recipes tab which lists the drinks in order of how frequently they appeared on screen.

Bond fans may be shaken but not stirred to find that the champagne tops off this list with 31 appearances, with the vodka martini, which appeared 27 times, following a close second.

The info in the app closely follows Bond’s actions in the films. But the makers of the app are deadly serious about their Bond beverages — when there is any ambiguity, the details are touched up with information from the Ian Fleming novels.

http://gadgetbox.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/05/31/6757086-booze-like-bond-with-iphone-app

From Connery to Craig, The Bond Mixology meticulously documents every movie, every scene, and every drink consumed by the world’s greatest spy.

Features:

BEVERAGE DIARY
A beverage diary for each movie documents every drink along with the scene times and descriptions.

FILMOGRAPHY
Includes quick access to complete details regarding cast, crew, images, and trivia for all 23 films via IMDB.

COMPLETE RECIPES
"Vodka martini. Shaken, not stirred." Recipes and serving instructions for every drink consumed by Bond. From the ubiquitous Vodka Martini to the elusive Mint Julep to the modern day Vesper Martini, get a taste of the good life with these authentic drink recipes.

BOND'S BAR
Stock your bar like a pro. Recommended mixers, spirits, and brands preferred by the Commander himself.

http://www.bondmixology.com/
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-bond-mixology/id436761971#

If I had an iWhatever I'd buy this. I wonder how truly accurate it is? Sounds very good but perhaps some members of the baord know. It was released just over a week ago.

Any idea what that 23rd film is that's featured? Are there only 28 drinks in the films? I'm sure MI6 did some rounding up a few years ago that revealed there were more...

Comments

Sounds good but I have a boring phone that only rings and texts. Would be a useful thing to have when your out trying to figure out what you need for that cocktail though
  • Sounds good Samuel... thanks for the heads-up!