Mi6 Members Past and Present Appreciation Thread.

edited July 2019 in General Discussion Posts: 19,339
The title speaks for itself,time to remember a past member or show your appreciation for a current one.

(Unable to rescue original thread from KTBEU).

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    When the mi6forums archive will be gone, all the testimonies of the past members of MI6forums will no longer be seen. And, frankly, I don't see the point in this thread when no one has been registered for more than 2 weeks. The forums is all messed up now. :-(
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 72
    I very much enjoyed the company of Blofeld's Cat. Would love for him to pop in and surprise us again with his rampant humour.

SHIT YEAH! My first 10 points ;)
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    I'd like to appreciate Agent_OO7 who just hit his first 10 posts at MI6 community!

:-D
    I appreciate myself.
  • Quoting DaltonCraig007: When the mi6forums archive will be gone, all the testimonies of the past members of MI6forums will no longer be seen. And, frankly, I don't see the point in this thread when no one has been registered for more than 2 weeks. The forums is all messed up now. :(
    Now here I am going to adamantly disagree with you.

What was the old MI6 forum? I mean what was it really? It was a message board, yes... but why would we be so upset about seeing an old web forum go? Change is upon us and change is rough, but MI6 is not dead; we are MI6. I am disappointed to see my 00 status go... I had just earned it before the change and I was very proud. I am disappointed to see my post count disappear, and can only imagine what the veterans who put in thousands upon thousands of posts on the board themselves. I will be honest and forthright in saying that I miss the personality and dislike how sterile this new place feels.

But I am not afraid, nor will I complain and pretend nothing matters anymore.

We are MI6. The traditions still matter because in some sense we are a family of sorts here. We can carry on because, though the venue has changed, we are still here and we are the heart of the forum. So absolutely we should continue to honor our greatest contributors and recognize our fellows. I am grateful to the administrative staff for providing us a place for discussion, but I don't really care what they think of me or you at the end of the day... what matters is how we as a community choose to carry ourselves.

It is our responsibility to continue on from here; KTBEU is not dead unless we throw in the towel... none of us can blame James Page for that. We are here, we carry on, and the traditions should stay in the interests of keeping the greatest web community online alive for the future.
    Quoting The_Reaper:
    I'd like to appreciate Agent_OO7 who just hit his first 10 posts at MI6 community!

:D

Thank god we started new again, Disco. Now it will never be discussed that we somehow look similar.....shit.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Quoting Agent_OO7: Thank god we started new again, Disco. Now it will never be discussed that we somehow look similar.....shit.
    Haha, classic :-j
  • ChandlerBong used to make me laugh with his Brosnan loving antics...
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting TrumanLodge: ChandlerBong used to make me laugh with his Brosnan loving antics...
    I sure miss Bong, he was da bomb!
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I miss Bong too, he was a great member.
  • where/why did he leave?
    He just had stuff going on.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Well I don't know why he left TL, perhaps he had grown tired of posting, or the topic, or something else. Average "posting" life of a member on a fan forum isn't all that long.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Trumanlodge; like he praised Brosnan, im not suprised he's gone by now ;-)

Either way, i miss Sir Alan Sugar and Octopussy, i still hope that Octopussy will show up sooner or later.
    This place needs Dog Bond.
  • Me?

Did anyone else manage my unique feat?
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I appreciate Dr. Kerim Largo.
    Anyone know if M007NRAKER made his way over here? He was always a top contributor.
    Brown !! How are you matey,i thought you had gone ?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I don't believe he has Brown, maybe in the future though. It'd be nice to have a few more old friends pop in from time to time.
    Hopefully he'll make an appearance in the near future.

@barryt007 Not bad, Barry. How's everything going with, old buddy?
    Yep all's well here,trying to cope with the bloody recession as we all are !
    @BondJasonBond006 very perverted,but a genuine mate,who is good fun on here.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    that made me come loud and hard... laugh! laugh out loud and ha...loud!

and I can use a good laugh right now

of course it's so totally true.
    Count me in as appreciating the posts and presence of @BondJasonBond006! Always fun to see you on here. I loved the advent holiday thread!
    As well as @barryt007.
    The Bond......comments thread is inspired, and I feel brings us together as Bond fans.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    This has been a dormant thread; maybe nice to revive it a little.

Okay, I appreciate many former and present members. But today I especially salute the beloved and now departed SirHenryLeeChaChing. :) Today and every day.
    My friend, a strong and generous soul, and one of the greatest Bond fans ever.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @SirHenryLeeChaChing was a true friend. I miss Greg.
    God, has it been 3 years already...
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Seems like only yesterday I miss Greg greatly but we still have his thread thanks to 4Ever .
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @SirHenryLeeChaChing was a true friend. I miss Greg.
    God, has it been 3 years already...

Time simply flies by anymore. I'm honored to still have all these PM's he and I shared, they're a guaranteed crude laugh anytime I need one.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    4Ever is doing a great job keeping Greg's spirit very much alive.