Roger Moore claims ex-wives bashed him

2»

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I don't see Moore as the wife beating type either. Personally, I find it hard to understand what caused these women to malfunction in such a way that they wanted to physically hurt Roger Moore...

They lost their charm from where he was standing. :-??
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    edited September 2012 Posts: 642
    From the interview I get the sense that he, as admitted, tried to avoid any confrontation whilst also being attracted to strong women. This is something that can only frustrate.
    Piers played the bad man card a little too heavy in this interview, I think Roger was actually just looking for someone to love him for who he was not who they wanted him to be.

I loved how humble he was and how honest that he admitted he did play away and was 'selfish' but once acknowledged, move on. Piers neednt have revisited it at the end...once a tabloid editor, always a tabloid editor

Cant wait to see Rog on 7th October for his first UK tour date. ;-)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I watched the interview on tv and Roger is such a great guy. He's a human being just like the rest if us but he's way too humble and I'm glad at the end he graciously accepted Piers' compliment and gave him that pie or what ever it was. I also love the fact that he's a well switched on and sharp-minded guy and is a sincere person.
    I agree, definetly the number 1 Bond actor you would most enjoy talking to, who would also enjoy talking back
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    [Personally, I find it hard to understand what caused these women to malfunction in such a way that they wanted to physically hurt Roger Moore...
    Apparently they couldn't handle his degree of coolness, or maybe his wives were the type that got off on winding up others (and Roger clearly doesn't get wound up because of said coolness)- so they snapped.
  • Piers played the bad man card a little too heavy in this interview...

...Piers neednt have revisited it at the end...once a tabloid editor, always a tabloid editor

What do you expect from that Charlie? Roger should've been interviewed by someone professional like Mark Lawson.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited September 2012 Posts: 12,459
    I am not surprised that Sir Rog knew how to handle this interview, or any interview. He has what it takes in so many ways and isn't fazed by much.

I don't think most Americans have any real take on Piers honestly. We don't have him in our history/memory. He is still a new figure for many of us in general.

Perhaps it would be helpful if someone would give a brief rundown -a short, to the point, honest bio of Piers Morgan - in a few bullet points. Not to run away from this thread entirely but would someone oblige?
    Yeah, I swear Piers was trying to make Roger upset, but he held well against him! I really cant stand Piers at all, which is why it always makes me happy thinking about the time Jeremy Clarkson punched him in the face! I certainly wish I was there when that happened!
  • I have just watched the Piers Morgan interview wth Roger, and felt compelled to come on here and say, I don`t think there is any other man on earth who has as much charm, warmth, and good nature as Roger Moore. That man is such a pleasure to watch being interviewed!
    And to think I was lucky enough to once meet him and Kristina!
    What an enjoyable hour of viewing apart from putting up with Piers Morgan! A nice appetiser for those of us lucky enough to be going to one of his "Evenings with". :-bd
  • QBranch wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    [Personally, I find it hard to understand what caused these women to malfunction in such a way that they wanted to physically hurt Roger Moore...
    Apparently they couldn't handle his degree of coolness, or maybe his wives were the type that got off on winding up others (and Roger clearly doesn't get wound up because of said coolness)- so they snapped.

I've grown to like Moore over the years but let's be a little realistic here. If a woman finds out that her husband has cheated on her, then he ignores her while she's yelling at him about it...of course she'll snap. That doesn't mean that she's a monster, just that she's a human being. Can anyone here imagine their wife (or girlfriend) acting any differently?

Interestingly enough, this self-deprecating story actually makes me like Moore less. Imagine how hurt you would be if you found out that your wife was cheating on you and she shrugged it off and ignored you when you confronted her about it. Then to find out that she uses it as an "amusing anecdote" years later...just because we like Moore doesn't make his behaviour alright. As someone told me years ago, it's not *who* is right, it's *what* is right.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    That may be true for the second wife, but his first wife attacked him regularly- and apparently not because he cheated.
    I have never read anything from Roger defending his behavior regarding his ex-wives. Even with Piers Morgan, Rog said he never claimed to be nice; rather, he admitted to being selfish. Unless anyone expects Roger Moore to be perfect, then, that should not overshadow the many wonderful things he has done both on and off the screen. Someone asked Rog why he didn't write critical things about his ex-wives, in his autobiography. Rog's response was that he did not think that was justified. After all, he said, their only major fault was that they exercised poor judgment regarding men.
  • Moore used two words to describe himself while reflecting on the interview. He chose 'selfish' and 'lucky'. Even when pushed by Morgan to admit to a certain modicum of talent, he seemed greatly reluctant to toot his own horn; always falling back on self-deprecation. This approach, although charming and characteristic of the man, seemed to rankle a bit with his old pal Sir Michael Caine, who, while talking about Rog rubbishing his own acting, snapped with great exasperation: "He shouldn't have done that!"

I thought the whole thing was interesting, and it was great to hear Maud Adams, Madeline Smith and David Hedison discuss Sir Rog with such warmth and affection.

May you truly live to be the world's oldest man, Rog!

TPM007 wrote:
    Yeah, I swear Piers was trying to make Roger upset, but he held well against him! I really cant stand Piers at all, which is why it always makes me happy thinking about the time Jeremy Clarkson punched him in the face! I certainly wish I was there when that happened!

Punched in the face? LOL. I watch Piers occassionally here in the U.S. on his CNN talk show. He does get pushy at times. I'm suprised some interviewees haven't punched him on his CNN show. One woman did walk off the set when he repeatedly tried to badger her with questions regarding her sex attitude.

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What a wonderfully powerful interview. Roger pulls no punches, and never acts out of line or acts deceitful. He is in every ounce of his being all that a true gentlemen must be: modest, giving, compassionate, able to laugh at himself, appreciative, and gives hope for his own future as well as for the lives of those around him. He will go down in history as this and more, and the world is a much better place for having had him for such an endearing time. =D>
    Saw this earlier, good interview. I get the impression Piers is having a ball but Rog isn't particularly fond of him.
  • This Morgan sounds like a bit of a belligerent, but Moore being the gentleman that he is, takes everything in his stride and acts in a professional manner and fine attitude, such a fine upstanding individual. Moore can act as phlegmatic as he wants, but must be aware, some of these talk show hosts warrant a punch on the nose
  • just caught up with the program as well. Even at his age, Sir Rog has not lost any of his razor sharp wit. great interview and very revealing.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 4,622
    I've only watched the first 10 minutes of the intv, but so far so good. Rog is quite funny the way he handles the questions about how good looking he is.
    Best bit. He tells the story of how his son asked him if he could beat-up all the people in the restaurant. Rogs says he probably could as they were all rather old. Then son asks, but what if James Bond came in. Rog explains that he has been cast to play Bond, but son counters with, "no I mean the real James Bond, Sean Connery." Sharp son. :)) A Connery purist.