Confirmed: 'Skyfall' World Premiere on October 23rd at Royal Albert Hall

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited September 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 1,380
The world premiere of the 23rd James Bond film, "Skyfall", will be held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on Tuesday 23rd October 2012.

The film opens nationwide in the UK three days later on Friday 26th October 2012, although there will be a host of charity and midnight screenings before then.

Clarence House confirmed via <a href="https://mobile.twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/status/243711863337140224"; target="_blank">Twitter</a> the attendance of The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall at the event which also marks the 50th anniversary of the 007 film franchise.

Comments

Do we know, who of the Royales attended the Brosnan films, and the others? Is it like a circle? Queen, Charles, the sons?
    Great news, I will have to go :)
  • Germanlady wrote:
    Do we know, who of the Royales attended the Brosnan films, and the others? Is it like a circle? Queen, Charles, the sons?

Does anybody actually care about the royals going?

I'm gonna try and go to one of the premiere screenings. Never been to one before, I normally just wait for it to be released in all the cinemas.
    I think, its some sort of honour paid to their british icon, so yes, it interests me and I think, ts a nice gesture.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Found out yesterday from cbm. I've got my dinner suit ready.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I've already posted this but it was the date I guessed as well! You never know, the Queen may yet attend.

Seven weeks now, my God.
  • Historically, there has always been royal attendance at the Bond Premieres in the UK. It used the be mainlyy Charles and Diana, but nowdays they usually mix it around the Royals but for the last 3.
    QOS was Harry and William.
    CR was the queen.
    DAD was the queen.
    LOL I wondered what was going through the Queen's head as she watched DAD.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Actually, it's better to wonder what was going through Tamahori's head.
  • The Royal Albert Hall was the worst venue to watch a premiere as most seats were sideways facing and probably the worst experience I've ever had of actually watching a Bond film. Of course the queen had a front view.
    The funniest thing was that the famous CGI part everybody hates got one of the biggest cheers all night, while I sat there thinking are you kidding me?
  • X3MSonicX wrote:

Probably something like WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?!?!?!
  • X3MSonicX wrote:

I don't know what was, but I know what should have. A great big brick.

X3MSonicX wrote:

Haha! Tamahori's a nutter. He managed to pull off a good job for the first 1/3 of the movie but everything else went to crap. It's almost hard to believe DAD is the same movie once you watch it from start to finish...and I'll never forgive him for trying to attempt legitimizing James Bond being a code name.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Tamahori has made some great films, but whoever decided to put him in charge of a Bond film is an idiot.

But like I said, he's made great films, so I don't blame everything on him. The CGI I think was him, because he directed XXX 2 which was also packed with CGI.

But writers have to take alot of the blame too.
    Tamahori has made some great films, but whoever decided to put him in charge of a Bond film is an idiot.

Agreed....for once haha!

I actually really like the devil's double.
    As long as they don't change it into an Ice Palace again? ;)
  • You guys crack me up with the Tamahori comments :)). Keep them coming. My goddess, what an idiot this guy is to say Bond is a code name after perpetrating that farce on us.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    doubleoego wrote:

A lot of people may not believe this, but she told a lot of people during engagements in the days afterwards that she really enjoyed it and 'have you seen it yet'? Lots of press tidbits on that back in the day.
    SKYFALL producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli have announced that His Royal Highness Prince Charles and The Duchess of Cornwall have graciously agreed to attend the World Premiere of the twenty third 007 adventure on Tuesday 23rd October at The Royal Albert Hall. Fittingly and at the request of His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales the premiere will benefit the charities that support former and serving members of the three intelligence agencies (the Secret Intelligence Service, the Security Service and GCHQ). His Royal Highness is Royal Patron of the Intelligence Services. The premiere will be attended by the film’s leading actors Daniel Craig, Judi Dench, Javier Bardem, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Bérénice Marlohe, Albert Finney and Ben Whishaw, and the director Sam Mendes. The movie will be released in the UK and internationally from 26th October 2012 by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios and Sony Pictures Releasing.

Wilson and Broccoli commented, “We are thrilled His Royal Highness Prince Charles and The Duchess of Cornwall have agreed to attend the World Premiere of our latest James Bond film, and are pleased this event will help raise funds to support The Prince’s chosen charities.”

http://www.007.com/skyfall-premiere-announced/
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    So, Albert Finney will be there, but not Ola Rapace?
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Nor Helen McCrory. Her and Ola Rapace have lower billing, so they may still be there, just not mentioned by this press release.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Nor Helen McCrory. Her and Ola Rapace have lower billing, so they may still be there, just not mentioned by this press release.

Or could be booked for other projects.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 11,189
    I thought there was one at leceister square on fri 26th Oct?
    JamesPage wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

A lot of people may not believe this, but she told a lot of people during engagements in the days afterwards that she really enjoyed it and 'have you seen it yet'? Lots of press tidbits on that back in the day.

Wow...the queen's a fan. Maybe it's not that bad then :-S
    BAIN123 wrote:
    JamesPage wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

Wow...the queen's a fan. Maybe it's not that bad then :-S

Well she did agree to "Happy and Glorious" so she obviously likes her Bond.
    Well, Bond is her "loyal terrier".
  • Where can u get the tickets from
  • Dreadful venue for a film showing. Very happy to pass!
    Down in London at the end of the month, so will now add the Royal Albert Hall to the sight list. Especially as another Bond Premiere will be there now.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,879
    Skyfall007Fan @Skyfall007Fan

@RoyalAlbertHall amends earlier #Skyfall announcement, tells @Skyfall007Fan 'there will be a limited number of [public] tickets on sale'

@RoyalAlbertHall updates #Skyfall world première webpage, '[tickets] can be purchased via http://www.royalalberthall.com details announced soon
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Anyone going to the premiere?

I'm planning to go and try get some photos and/or autographs from the stars!

Anyone ever done that? Any tips on how to succeed?