The James Bond Movie Trivia Quiz

Comments

He gose on a boat?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I was going to guess that the connection was Itlay.. as the films FRWL, TLD, and QOS all had scenes that took place in Italy... but.. there was none in TMWTGG...
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited May 2011 Posts: 1,699
    Could it be that Bond doesn't kill - or attempt to kill - the final foe he meets at the end of each film?

FRWL - Tatiana kills Klebb intead
    TMWTGG - he ties Nick Nack up in the junk's crow's nest
    TLD - Koskov is apprehended by Pushkin and flown back to Moscow
    QOS - he spares Yusef's life
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    No, no, no and no.

What can I say, I like @Virage's guess the most.
  • Is it that they all involve chess? Apart from TMWTGG. And TLD. And QOS. Actually, just forget it.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Could it be that Bond doesn't kill - or attempt to kill - the final foe he meets at the end of each film?

FRWL - Tatiana kills Klebb intead
    TMWTGG - he ties Nick Nack up in the junk's crow's nest
    TLD - Koskov is apprehended by Pushkin and flown back to Moscow
    QOS - he spares Yusef's life
    Good one, SG! I have no clue what the correct answer for this one is.

edited May 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Once again @Virage's guess about the boat was on the right lines. From there you may be able to get it. When you think of boats what do you think of? Also, as I've said the answer is about James Bond in some way. So boats and Bond - go from there.

Just to note, this question I actually got from another member on the old boards - it's not mine at all. I'm surprised no one remembers it.
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 1,856
    There's a plane chase thing

FRWL: Bond vs. The chopper
    TMWTGG: the flying car
    Tldl: the herculases (forgive my spelling)
    Qos: DC3 vs Jet
    No, sadly not. Nothing to do with planes.

Put it this way, I could give you one word, just one word, and I think everyone would get the answer.

Keep on guessing though I promise, I won't taunt you forever.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Is it to do with kidnap/ hostages and boats?

FRWL - Bond and Tatania take their 'hostage' on their speedboat before dumping him overboard
    TMWTGG - Bond is arrested/ kidnapped by Hip and his men and taken to the sunken Queen Elizabeth liner/ MI6 makeshift headquarters
    TLD - A couple of dolly birds take Bond 'at gunpoint' to Leiter's CIA surveillance yacht
    QOS - Bond boards Medrano's boat and frees the latter's 'hostage', Camilla
    No, nothing so complex. Of course your answer @St_George incorporates other characters, the answer is solely to do with Bond.

I'll give it a few more days and then you can kick yourselves. I must say I've got you now and I'm enjoying myself. ;-)
    Well, I know that in three of the movies, Bond throws somebody off a boat (the truck driver, the little kid, Medrano's men), but I don't think it's so, because I can't find anything about TLD (DAF and TB, on the other hand...)
    Is It he changes guns un-announced

I KNOW the p99 changes to the PPK Between CR and QOS
    No and no.
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    The only thing I can think of is that Bond has just rescued a girl in each scene

FRWL: Tatiana from Russia
    TMWTGG: Goodnight from Scaramanga
    TLD: That rich girl from boredom
    QoS: Camille from Medrano

Can you give us a hint? ;;)
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 1,856
    He Doesn't ask for shaken not stirred

Post 2zerozero
    Can you give us a hint? ;;)
    Ha, ha! I've been trying to all this time.

In one last ditch attempt I'll give you all the word that should instantly solve it for you: water.

So tell me, what does water and Bond have in common in these four films that all the others don't?
  • I can't think of anything that wouldn't include TWSLM too :/
    Ah, wait, those four flicks are the only ones in the series in which Bond doesn't take a dip...?
    Ah, wait, those four flicks are the only ones in the series in which Bond doesn't take a dip...?
    BINGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yes, yes, yes! At last! What gave it away?

Indeed Bond doesn't get wet or submerged in water in any of those four films, all the others he does.

I'm delighted to say, over to you @St_George.
    Cheers, Samster. Yes, your final clue certainly gave it away for me. Thankfully. :)

OK, peeps, here's the new poser - hopefully, maybe a little easier than the last.

What creature connects the films DN, DAF, OP and TLD...?
    Fish?
    Monkey/ape?
    One script of Dr. No had Dr. No as a monkey
    DAF has the ape transformation at Circus/circus
    OP has circus /jungle monkeys plus the Ape costume Bond hides in
    TLD has monkeys on Gibraltar in the PTS.
    They all had blond girls
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 423

Indeed Bond doesn't get wet or submerged in water in any of those four films, all the others he does.
    Are you sure he didn't get a bit wet during the, er, boat chase in TMWTGG?

Are you sure he didn't get a bit wet during the, er, boat chase in TMWTGG?

Not visabley, though you could argue the same for all four films where Bond doesn't get visabley wet.
    Moving On....
    Apologies for the delay here, peeps!
    Monkey/ape?
    One script of Dr. No had Dr. No as a monkey
    DAF has the ape transformation at Circus/circus
    OP has circus /jungle monkeys plus the Ape costume Bond hides in
    TLD has monkeys on Gibraltar in the PTS.
    Correctamundo, of course, jagster - over to you, mate... :)
    Thanks St. George

Who did not sleep with her Bond, but slept with a future Bond as well as a past Bond and his son (so to speak).
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Alison Doody. Her Bond was Roger Moore (AVTAK) but she didn't sleep with him. She did however appear with Sean Connery in his Indiana Jones film (Harrison Ford being his son 'so to speak'), as well as appearing with Pierce Brosnan in Taffin (I'm assuming they slept together).