Trailer and posters for Spielberg's Tintin !

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Nice trailer. The characters look a lot like the original comic characters. Happy to see this in the hands of someone as competent as Spielberg.

Thanks, @DC!
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited May 2011 Posts: 1,986
    I'm torn about this and I'm sure DC feels the same way. This may be the very first time since like age 10 that I actually chose to see a dubbed version (French) of a movie on my own. I'd love to hear the voices of the actors like Craig, but since this is a French graphic novel, I want the actual names of the characters.

Snowey? I think not. His name is Milou.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2011 Posts: 15,690
    Luds, I will also see the film dubbed in French. I actually own every Tintin graphic novel in 3 versions (English, French and German), and I must say, only the French version has me bursting in laughter everytime Capitaine Haddock goes ballistic.

I actually learned both English and German with Tintin. I had the French bande dessinée on the desk, the English/German in one hand, and a translation dictionary in the other !

My favorites Tintin graphic novels are of course "L'étoile Mystérieuse", "Sept Boules de Cristal", "Objectif Lune" and "On a Marché Sur La Lune".

But yes, the French version is by far the best.

I hope Spielberg will put more effort on advertizing the film in America than in Europe. Only a few posters here will do - it seems everyone here is already pumped up for the film without having seen the posters and trailer ! We've already got magazines with Tintin on the cover (Empire and Studio Ciné Live (twice this year already))
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2011 Posts: 4,447
    Why both trailer and posters missing the title. Iam curious how it look like when it be be Dutch dubbed. The Dutch dubbing is the second original langue after the french one. Original Tin Tin is French part of Belgium comic. But it look good, it be a litle bit of myserious and a lot better then the Smurfs adaption, orginal Flemisch/Dutch comic.

The Dutch release date is 26 October 2011, expect Belgium be the same. 26 October is on a Wednesday.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This has the potential to be great. Should be one of the best films due out at the end of this year.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    @DC I really never saw much of Tintin in English but the Canada/France produced cartoons were dubbed and I still see parts from time to time on English TV. The names of characters make me cringe. Dupont et Dupond, Tournesol. It's so lame to see them named Thompson & Calculus X_X

I can't say at this point which of the novels I prefer, I've read them all many times, including the finished Alph Art by Yves Rodier who I've talked to once at a BD signing. Have you seen his work on Alph Art? I head many prints were made and still available, I've got the pages downloaded if you'd like.

I remember really enjoying most of them to an extent, even the bad ones like Tintin chez les Soviets lol.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Yes @Luds I own Alph Art. And yes, 'Soviets' is not very good !
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Do you have the Nash or the Rodier Alph Art, or (or both) of the moulinsart "official" releases?
    Do you have the Nash or the Rodier Alph Art, or (or both) of the moulinsart "official" releases?
    I'm sorry, I don't quite follow you... ? :-?
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Initial official release of Alph Art

2nd official release with "newly found pages"

"Ramo Nash" pirate version (some artist who finished the book on his own in black and white (all prints are evidently illegal) link

Yves Rodier's pirate version also in black and white but also available in color for download. Rodier even met with Bob de Moor (who worked on Blake & Mortimer) and Moulinsard to get this to become the official Alph Art but they refused.

2nd official release with "newly found pages"
    That's the one I own ! :)
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Voici le lien pour l'alph art de Rodier
    http://membres.multimania.fr/dafilu/tintin/couverture.html
    Merci beaucoup, @Luds !! :-bd
    Front from the Dutch version Hardcover with the 2 stories. On the back you have the cover of the second story.

Back of the softcovers.
    edited May 2011 Posts: 23,560
    I'm a TinTin fan. I respect the original language, French, so I tend to read them in French. However, as a kid, I got them in my native language, Dutch, and I have the whole stack at home. TinTin inspired me as a kid. I found The Seven Crystal Balls (Les 7 boules de cristal) rather scary as a child. My favourite album, however, is Destination Moon. Either way, I hope this film will inspire many to (re-)visit the TinTin series, given that it's definitely worth it.
  • I will most definitely see Tintin in French, being a Frenchman! :-bd
    edited May 2011 Posts: 4,447
    Dutch subtiteld trailer.

http://www.pathe.nl/film/6159/the-adventures-of-tintin-the-secret-of-the-unicorn

Another start showing Tin Tin his home from outside include a closer look to tin tin and Bobby (his dog) and difrent end with Daniel Craig voice asking who that guy be.

Dutch & Belgium release date: 26 October 2011.
    From the trailers, posters and pictures revealed, it seems that the film will have almost nothing from Red Rackham's treasure. It also seems that Tournesol won't be in it.
    New trailer

I love the trailer so far. Will be watching this film as I'm a huge TinTin fan.
    That trailer is a trailer, which will have me watching the film no doubt. Looks like true adventure.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Wow that really does look fun. I wasn't overly excited about this...untill now.
    Fantastic animation. Really looking forward to this.
    Fantastic animation.
    The best thing is, the trailer doesn´t have me care at all wether it´s animation or not. It just looks like a really fun ride.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Viewing this in English with the bogus names still makes me cringe. Looks pretty decent though.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    I saw a French version of Tintin In Tibet (which I own in English along with a few other of the Tintin books) in a charity shop today. I also found a 1977 Marvel Comics Star Wars annual.

But instead I bought a 1969 Pan paperback of OHMSS (with the film tie-in cover art) and a paperback of the novelization of the Michael Caine film Alfie (the movie itself was adapted from the play by Bill Naughton, who also wrote the novelization).

All in all then, a good ten minutes' browsing in that shop by yours truly today... :)
  • I don't know about you guys - but it looks naff. Sure the animation looks great but that's it. It's too slick too polished - no soul - no umph. I'm looking fwd to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=14MtmqOZwQA
    edited October 2011 Posts: 4,447
    Dutch release date be on 26 October 2011, that's over 23 days.

There also going to be a Dutch dubbing version, but not with the people from the Belgium/Dutch version of the tv series but new voices.

I not realy expect the old voices, but i hoped it because i hate it the dog get the famale name Snowy in the English version whyle it be male dog who his orginal name is ''Bobby'' in the original Belgium comic/tv series. If there stil be Dutch speaking people intrest in the Dutch voices this be people who doing the dubbing: Levi van Kempen (Kuifje = Tin Tin), Frans Limburg (Kapitein Haddock) Veldhuis en Kemper (Jansen en Janssen = Thompson & Thomson) & Najib Amhali (Omar Ben Salaad = Chacter from The Crab with the Golden Claws/De krab met de gulden scharen). The only proffesional from this list be Frans Limburg who did the dubbing for a lot of animated movies like Madagascar, Cars, Happy Feet and replace Tom Hanks his voice for The Polar Express. New trailer in Dutch dubbing http://filmcentrum.nl/nieuws/1522/nederlandse-kuifje-trailer-online/ Belgium voices: Jelle Cleymans (Kuifje), Karel De Ruwe (Kapitein Haddock) Raf en Mich Walschaerts van Kommil Foo (Jansen en Janssen). Jelle Cleymans playing Tin Tin the Belgium theater version too.

The same new trailer in English with France and Dutch subtitels.

Of course i go for the English version. As it look like the movie only going to release in 3D or get a limited release in 2D (like POTC 4), not that i realy consider to see the movie in cinema but i prefer the 2D version.
    New international trailer!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51492

Looks like a lot of fun. I especially like the scene with the rocket launcher.

No DC, though.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2011 Posts: 13,350
    This looks very nice indeed. I'm looking forward to it though fear it may struggle at the US box office.
    edited October 2011 Posts: 4,447

Dutch poster.

Also there is black & white poster made for children contest

http://www.kuifje-film.nl/downloads/Kleurplaat_Kuifje.pdf