The Official Halloween thread

edited September 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 4,813
Depending on where I end up going, I have two options available.
In a pinch, I could be the Punisher, as I have everything already-- and I'm not talking about the lame 'Skull shirt and black jeans' approach, either

However, if it looks like we're going someplace where there will be CONTESTS, then I'm breaking out the Bat-Suit!!!

What are your plans this year?

Comments

probably sitting alone watching Halloween 6 my favorite of the Halloween films.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Going as Bond!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I will have to see if my college is having any festivities. If so, I will prowl campus. If not and it is just the immoral drunken partying I will go home and prowl, watching the Halloween films leading up to the day as I always do. If I dressed up, I would love to go as Rorschach and just walk around murmuring, but I can never find a suitable way to make a good costume or find one in stores.
  • I heard someone found out how to actually make the movable black pattern fabric-- not sure how expensive it would be though

Maybe I can dig that up for ya :-bd
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Here you go!

It's not perfect, but I have to say it's pretty damn good! It's heat activated (so your breath causes the change) Pretty clever!

$35- way less than I thought they'd be!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2012 Posts: 28,694
    HOW AWESOME!!! I mean...hurm...

They have a site to buy them:
    http://www.rorschachmasks.com/
  • Er, we're only a day or two out of August..

Incidentally, we're planning to visit relatives in Connecticut next Easter time..
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm probably going to have an all day marathon of The Walking Dead. I just bought season 2 on Friday, and I'm watching it all the way through for the second time since I bought it.
    Nothing, halloween is a lot of nonsense
    Alan007 wrote:
    Nothing, halloween is a lot of nonsense
    Tell us your age so we can judge you. ;)

What's the Halloween equivalent to The Grinch?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I too, am doing nothing. Well, as of now I'm doing nothing. It's far too early to decide. Halloween isn't really that big in the UK compared to the USA.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I too, am doing nothing. Well, as of now I'm doing nothing. It's far too early to decide. Halloween isn't really that big in the UK compared to the USA.

Yes, over here we have Salem where the actual crazy trials went on. And we're just plain crackpots.
  • I'm putting on a Hockey mask and will scare the b'jasus out of the chav kids who live across the road with a big knife and a slow menacing walk.
    I'm putting on a Hockey mask and will scare the b'jasus out of the chav kids who live across the road with a big knife and a slow menacing walk.
    Me and you would get along swimmingly.
  • Now that's what I like to hear!
    Now that's what I like to hear!

Here's an idea, @Master_Dahark. Let's all three get together in a location with a heavy populace of children. @forgotmyusername can be Jason, and one of us will be Freddy, the other Michael. Then we spend all night sending currents of terror through kids and haunt their bedtime hours for eternity as they try to get rid of the horrid nightmares we gave them but they can only repress them so that they can never truly die until they are middle aged, still living with their parents, and still have to sleep with a nightlight! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! >:)
  • My brother has a big party every halloween, so I'll be going there and getting pissed. I go as Leatherface normally.
  • Pissed? You mean piss drunk?
  • Pissed? You mean piss drunk?

Pissed=drunk, yep. It's a UK thing ;) I think it means pissed off in America.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 23,449
    I don't dress up (maybe wear my authentic Freddy glove though...) but I do watch films. Here's what I do every year:

I start with Halloween at around 7, proceed to Halloween II at around 9 and finish it off with Halloween H20 at around 11. This is the perfect Laurie Strode trilogy IMO.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    All the people I hang out with don't dress up for Halloween anymore and there probably won't be any party because all of them are married with kids.
    So what I'll be doing on Halloween day is watching scary movies and I like the idea of what was mentioned above; a marathon of The Walking Dead.
    Take it from me: women LOVE Batman. This will be my third time, assuming we go anywhere big. I'm doing some upgrades to mine and I'm even putting together a grappling hook to clip onto my belt!
    Pissed? You mean piss drunk?
    Pissed=drunk, yep. It's a UK thing ;) I think it means pissed off in America.
    How about that- learn something new every day! I just assumed your phone auto-corrected you or something! :))
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I start with Halloween at around 7, proceed to Halloween II at around 9 and finish it off with Halloween H20 at around 11. This is the perfect Laurie Strode trilogy IMO.
    What are your thoughts on the remake? I personally like it very much (even had it playing in the background at my last party) but part 2 was a big ass mistake. So much potential, but they really dropped the ball

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'm putting on a Hockey mask and will scare the b'jasus out of the chav kids who live across the road with a big knife and a slow menacing walk.

Sounds like a good evening, but not for the chavs. Don't forget to have a little chchch hahaha with your walk.
    The year is going so quick! I hadn't even given it a thought yet?! :-?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    What are your thoughts on the remake? I personally like it very much (even had it playing in the background at my last party) but part 2 was a big ass mistake. So much potential, but they really dropped the ball

The remake definitely ranks high with me, but then I'm a fan of Zombie's horror aesthetic. I'm big into House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects, I love El Superbeasto and yes, Halloween was awesome! Also, any film giving me Danielle Harris (naked) has my attention. I thought the casting was brilliant, including Malcolm McDowell as Loomis. BUT, the sequel was indeed a failure on every account. Previously enjoyable characters now seem to repulse me (Loomis, wow! @-) ), heavy handed symbolism appears out of the blue, the climax is annoying... It's obvious to me that Zombie didn't like Halloween anymore. Shame, for I like the man's work most of the time but I also like Halloween and H2 just isn't a Halloween film in spirit or in execution, or so I think.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    So, who all is having some kind of marathon, be it movies or TV, this Halloween?
    So, who all is having some kind of marathon, be it movies or TV, this Halloween?

Yes, Halloween all week long. Probably Psycho too.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll probably hit up my local pawn shop, buy a punch of horror films, and stockpile myself with candy and cigarettes for a night of relaxation. My campus is pretty dull - from what I recall - when it comes to Halloween. I think we do an all-night horror movie fest, but most of the films they play are garbage.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'll probably hit up my local pawn shop, buy a punch of horror films, and stockpile myself with candy and cigarettes for a night of relaxation. My campus is pretty dull - from what I recall - when it comes to Halloween. I think we do an all-night horror movie fest, but most of the films they play are garbage.

Are they modern horror films?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, most of them are B-rated, direct-to-DVD trash. Don't get me wrong, 'direct-to-DVD' isn't always a bad thing, but they just pick the worst of the worst. No classics, nothing new and heavily praised, none of that.