Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Muse could do a hell of a Bond song!

And unlike Adele, they have a new album release coming in October... things are adding up.

But the theme song usually comes in the oficial soundtrack (YKMN wasn't because of some issues with Sony I believe) while Adele said she will record a theme, not an album.
    0013 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

And unlike Adele, they have a new album release coming in October... things are adding up.

But the theme song usually comes in the oficial soundtrack (YKMN wasn't because of some issues with Sony I believe) while Adele said she will record a theme, not an album.

Yes, but my point was Bond is a huge marketing opportunity. If they push an album out the month before the release of a film they made a tune for, don't you think that'd be effective advertising?
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:

… but she does have ‘one song’ coming before the end of this year.
    The producers have switched tracks at the last minute before. You never know.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    KD Lang was supposed to be at the front of TND and Crow at the end.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    It means nothing. Right now all we have are rumours and suppositions. Adele recorded a song (apparently a theme) to be released before the end of the year. It could be Bond or it could be something else! Remember that The Hobbit is released by the end of the year and the three LOTR film all had a song in the end, by Enya, Emiliana Torrini and Annie Lennox no less. The Muse pushed the release of their album to the beginning of October and are appearing next to Daniel Craig on a US tv show. Again, it could me nothing or it could mean Bond-theme. I am a fan of both and would be happy with either as long as it's a good song. But it could be someone else...
    Muse news seems to be piecing together nicely, don't listen to muse but perhaps I should go and listen to some just in case
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    We need to find some connections between Michael Bublé's upcoming work and Bond. ;)
  • Michael Bubblebutt - =;
    I like to listen to Bublé (I confess) but he is not Bond-theme material sorry.
  • I would love for Muse to do the the theme. Could Adele's theme possibly be for Twilight?
    I would love for Muse to do the the theme. Could Adele's theme possibly be for Twilight?

Who knows? Could very well be! Your guess is just as good as mine, other films besides Bond have theme songs though we tend to forget it :-B
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sandy wrote:
    I like to listen to Bublé (I confess) but he is not Bond-theme material sorry.

How isn't he? He is a classic crooner.

The man is made for Bond.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I agree woth you @0Brady !
    His 'Fever' song made me swoon. I'm uncomfortably comfortable with that. haha
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 11,425
    EON almost always get it wrong. Portishead should have done one in the 90s but were overlooked. I am not expecting much this time.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Haha, don't feel ashamed. Michael has that power. Don't let anyone judge you, the man is quite vocal casanova.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Haha, don't feel ashamed. Michael has that power. Don't let anyone judge you, the man is quite vocal casanova.

I love how 'confident' he is singing it, too. It's a full performance.
    He's a classic crooner and a good one I might add but I just can't see him doing it.

Since you put the video to Feeling Good (I love this song) I thought of something I saw the other day:
    [url]<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/JL7o5ELDZac?version=3&hl=pt_PT"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/JL7o5ELDZac?version=3&hl=pt_PT"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/url]
    [url]<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/sg7rkbMUCxQ?version=3&hl=pt_PT"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/sg7rkbMUCxQ?version=3&hl=pt_PT"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/url]

:>
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

He is the modern Sinatra/Dean Martin hybrid. He is a hilarious man with great wit and comedic timing, can do Italian ballads exceptionally well, and belts like Frank at some truly powerful songs, like "You Don't Know Me", "Georgia on My Mind", "Try A Little Tenderness", "Home" (his own creation), and "A Song For You", just to name a few. He is one of my favorite modern day entertainers, and love that he brings back the spirit of classic crooners like Frank, Dean, Bing Crosby, Sammy Davis Jr., and so many more with such style and care. If anyone wants to get a full scope of Michael's work, follow this link to the playlist I made for him on YouTube:

It is time well spent. :)
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

He is the modern Sinatra/Dean Martin hybrid. He is a hilarious man with great wit and comedic timing, can do Italian ballads exceptionally well, and belts like Frank at some truly powerful songs, like "You Don't Know Me", "Georgia on My Mind", "Try A Little Tenderness", "Home" (his own creation), and "A Song For You", just to name a few. He is one of my favorite modern day entertainers, and love that he brings back the spirit of classic crooners like Frank, Dean, Bing Crosby, Sammy Davis Jr., and so many more with such style and care. If anyone wants to get a full scope of Michael's work, follow this link to the playlist I made for him on YouTube:

It is time well spent. :)

I love "Home"!
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Slash should do it. Or Alice Cooper.
  • As you can probably find, I find the idea of Michael Bublé doing the theme abhorrent. Yes, he's a crooner, but not the clean, polite, type. Have you ever seen 'An audience with... Michael Bublé'? He comes across as a sleazy womanizer. EON seem to have gone with rock/r&b/electro since DAD.

(So expect an obscure, unsuitable, choice who'll produce a poor theme)
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    As you can probably find, I find the idea of Michael Bublé doing the theme abhorrent. Yes, he's a crooner, but not the clean, polite, type. Have you ever seen 'An audience with... Michael Bublé'? He comes across as a sleazy womanizer. EON seem to have gone with rock/r&b/electro since DAD.

I have never felt that way about him.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 140
    If the Saturday Night Live musical guest thing is anything to go on, I think Muse would make a great Bond theme. Plus their style might go with the odd little techno blips of Bond theme we've heard in the Teaser and IMAX trailers for Skyfall. I know Newman didn't compose any of the trailer music, but they wouldn't have picked that little bit of music if it wasn''t the direction they were kinda heading towards. Muse would fit perfectly with that in my opinion.
  • How about this guy for the theme?

• edited September 2012 Posts: 2,782
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    As you can probably find, I find the idea of Michael Bublé doing the theme abhorrent. Yes, he's a crooner, but not the clean, polite, type. Have you ever seen 'An audience with... Michael Bublé'? He comes across as a sleazy womanizer. EON seem to have gone with rock/r&b/electro since DAD.

Read my mind...

is there a delay because of who's at the top of the album chats at the mo? She is very much 'in' now. Emeli is now close to topping Adele's 21 sales.
    Emeli Sandé would be a great choice :-bd
  • I can't stand Buble... and that comes from someone who adores Frank and the whole rat pack!

I'm however fine with Muse or Adele, as long as Adele's song isn't again about her mean ex-boyfriend... ;-)

Muse, and the video sandy posted is a solid example, could however do a fantastic job! But I repeat myself!

I still would love to see Meat Loaf having a go at it. And even though I like Slash and love Alice Cooper...I somehow don't see it. Maybe Cooper could pull it off however, he is very talented and knows talented people and he is a big Bond fan. I still wish they had used his (or back in the day their) Man with the Golden Gun song! Not a masterpiece but still better than what we got and I would enjoy the title sequence much more ;-)
    If the Saturday Night Live musical guest thing is anything to go on, I think Muse would make a great Bond theme. Plus their style might go with the odd little techno blips of Bond theme we've heard in the Teaser and IMAX trailers for Skyfall. I know Newman didn't compose any of the trailer music, but they wouldn't have picked that little bit of music if it wasn''t the direction they were kinda heading towards. Muse would fit perfectly with that in my opinion.

Is it definite that none of the trailer music is by Newman? If so, I am relieved as I found it underwhelming. I am hoping we get something meaty for the actual film. I don't want a Barry rip off and know Newman would not do this any way, but there has to be the spirit of Bond in there. Just hoping it isn't TOO understated and subtle as that isn't really what Bond is about.