The Hobbit (2012 - 2014)

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    That's what I posted originally! =))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Haha, I thought so. I searched for the trailer you posted, but I didn't see anything, and I figured that was the one, because they're incredibly similar.
    A proper trailer should arrive in two months-ish, that should be worth waiting for.

It's very hard to believe the later third of the year is approaching. It's gone by very quickly, due to Bond no doubt.
    Once SF comes and goes, I won't have much to look forward to, aside from this (maybe, waiting for another trailer) and 'Django Unchained,' then it's the SF blu-ray release, along with the other Bond films on blu-ray, and that'll be it until Bond 24.
    If Bond 24 does come in 2014, don't think next year will be dull. It won't. That will be lots going on, just look at 2007's archives.

A Good Day To Die Hard may be good but that is very early on in the year and at the end there's the second Hobbit film.
    I need to wait to see the trailer for the new 'Die Hard,' but I'm already looking forward to it. I'm going to scan through the 2013 releases and see what looks good.
    A few films looks promising, but nothing is really jumping out at me. I think that's just because I haven't really seen any proper footage for the films. I'm sure that mindset will change come trailer releases.
    Titles and release dates have been confirmed:

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 14th December 2012
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 13th December 2013
    The Hobbit: There And Back Again - 18th July 2014

On opening the final film in July, it's been said:

"We wanted to have a shorter gap between the second and third films of The Hobbit Trilogy. Opening in July affords us not only the perfect summer tentpole, but fans will have less time to wait for the finale of this epic adventure."

"The Hobbit: There and Back Again opening in the summer will maximize playability for what promises to be an event film for fans the world over."

I still think after five films in December and with Warner's seeing the Box Office takings pile in, the last film may be pushed back.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 268
    ^ They're not gonna push back the biggest movie of 2014 from the summer blockbuster-spot. As much as it would have taken in being released in december, it will not even compare to how much it will take in during the summer.

Sure it goes head to head with X-Men Days of future Past, but I mean come on.. if anything THAT movie is gonna have to be pushed somewhere to not get eviscerated.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2012 Posts: 4,416
    That's goodnews for Bond 24, finaly there release another Bond movie in November/December insteed of October/November.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Why, exactly, does that mean that Bond 24 will be in November/December instead of October/November? What does the release of The Hobbit: There and Back Again in the summer have anything to do with the release of Bond 24?
    edited September 2012 Posts: 40,372
    A new trailer is arriving Wednesday, and should be about 2:25 long:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=94853
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    It's about godd*mn time. We've been stuck with the same trailer since when? Last year?
    It's about godd*mn time. We've been stuck with the same trailer since when? Last year?

1994, I believe. That's how long it's felt, anyway. I'm looking forward to another proper trailer.

The shot of all of them singing in the first trailer gives me chills every time.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    1994, I believe.

My God, man, what do you do for a living that slows time down that much?!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    1994, I believe.

I sit in a white room, 24/7, with nothing but this computer.

In all honesty, has it really been since last year? It really didn't feel like that long.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    1994, I believe.

I sit in a white room, 24/7, with nothing but this computer.

In all honesty, has it really been since last year? It really didn't feel like that long.

I'm quite certain that it was November/December of last year, because I saw it on YouTube along with trailers for Expendables 2, GI Joe 2 (which was pushed back to next year) The Hobbit and something else that I can't remember. If it wasn't November/December, it was very early January of this year.
    Time just flies by anymore. Oh well, at least we're guaranteed a new trailer in three days time.
    At last! We nearing the end of the year already, yet another reminder that Bond is almost back.
    Ahh, finally. This week flew by, and I totally forgot Wednesday (and this new trailer) was upon us. Thanks, @Samuel001.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 268
    Saruman The White
    Gandalf The Grey
    Radagast The Not Giving a F***
    LCBeY.gif
    I love that Gif !

And yes, I really, really, really look forward to that movie. Between Skyfall, Les Misérables (man, Anne Hathaway sure breaks my heart with her song) and this, this year's end is going to be like heaven to me.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Definitely another of my most anticipated films of the year, The Hobbit is one of my favourite books. I just hope Jackson doesn't mess to much with it :-SS
    Samuel001 wrote:

Looks impressive! Love how one of the dwarves uses the line... "You got be joking" right at the very end of the trailer. Sound familiar? ;)
    I don't know why, I never felt more certain that this was going to be a hit than when I saw Hugo Weaving come on the screen.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I just love Martin Freeman and watching this trailer just makes me even surer that he was born to be Bilbo Baggins!
    Nice trailer I must say. Just when I had banned my LOTR dvds into the second row.

"Every time I try to get out... they pull me back in!"
    This always was the one movie I had to see this year and this trailer just confirms it......Still cannot shake the idea that this trailer contains parts of the netx two installments as well.

Nice touch keeping the dragon Smaug under wraps.