'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Pond Life - Part 1:

wow, that was a let down. I mean, I didnt expect a full episode, but at least a couple of minutes :(
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 5,772
    Well, it certainly was short, but it was fun.

And I may have a dirty mind, but did anyone notice the visual joke when the Doctor met Mata Hari ? (nice tribute to Sherlock, BTW) Probably the raciest thing DW has done (apart from the mention of a "love life" at the end of Love & Monsters).
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    And straight from Big Finish, the covers for the next two McCoy audio's have been released:

The Shadow Heart
    http://bigfinish.com/news/v/the-shadow-heart-cover-released

Gods And Monsters
    http://bigfinish.com/news/v/the-real-gods-and-monsters-cover
    Pond Life - Part 2:

About Pond Life Ep. 3:

Now that's odd. Or should I say Ood ? Anyway, not something you see every day.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Pond Life - Part 2:

pretty amusing! Will miss Amy and Rory when they go.
    Pond Life - Part 3:

• edited August 2012 Posts: 1,492
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Po
    pretty amusing! Will miss Amy and Rory when they go.

So will I. Easily the most likeable NuWho companions. Mind you, considering the others.

Martha wasn't too painful I suppose.

Samuel001 wrote:
    Pond Life - Part 3:

Now that was abit odd? How many of these Pond life's are we getting?
    Five. One per day for this week. I'm sure I mentioned this on another page. Then Saturday brings us the main event.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Five. One per day for this week. I'm sure I mentioned this on another page. Then Saturday brings us the main event.

Cheers samuel, i must have missed that, but thanks for letting me know! There is just so much good stuff going on at the minute! :-bd
    Part five may even lead into the episode.
    Pond Life - Part 4:

One thing for sure, life with the Doctor is never dull, even when he's not here.
    Would be pretty cool to wake up with an alien in the house! As long as it is not a hostile one ofcourse! :D
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I want an Ood butler, why can't I have an Ood butler?
    Pond Life 5 is now up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00xymkb

Not long to the new series now :D
    Now, that's a change of tone I didn't expect.
    Gerard wrote:
    Now, that's a change of tone I didn't expect.

Agree there, will be interesting to see how it all kicks off tomorrow night? \:D/
    Pond Life - Part 5:

Now bring me the episode!
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Ah, Asylum Of The Daleks - so how about that?!

That Steven Moffat's a clever feller, isn't? Love the bump in the road he's given the Ponds (and its resolution?), the return to Skaro (and the resurrection of the Daleks as truly ugly, horrible, deadly foes) and the surprise introduction of Oswin. Or is it Clara? Or... oh, just what the hell's going to happen there?

Questions, questions... not least 'Doctor Who?'. Such a great question to keep cropping up that one. He's a clever feller that Steven Moffat... ;)
    I think someone up on the 6th floor of the BBC had a quiet word - no story arcs, no timey wimey, no bloody Mary Sue/River Song.

And all the better for it. A straightforward adventure set on a particularly nasty planet with nasty foes. Rory waking up the dormant daleks was pure suspense.

The second best NuWho dalek story after Ecclestones 'Dalek'. And Matt Smith dancing around the TARDIS at the end was a delight.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 5,772
    Well, let me say one thing first: Of all the companions we've seen since the return of the series in 2005, Jenna-Louise Coleman is the sexiest. So much so that I could see her as a Bond Girl (for the old series, the jury is still out between Susan Jameson and Nicola Bryant).

Now I watched the episode on iPlayer (thanks to ExpatShield), and I loved it: full of laughter, but also poignancy (the reason for the Ponds break-up broke my heart). And frankly, I didn't see the final revelation coming. But what will that mean for future episodes ? I have a theory:
    What if Clara Oswin is an ancestor of Oswin Oswald ? Remember Gwineth in "The Unquiet Death ?"

Now, I'm waiting impatiently for the enxt episoee. Dinosaurs on a spaceship ? I'll be there. (I'm also waiting for the french airing of the second half of season 6, but France 4 is in no hurry to air it. Bummer !).
    It's nice to have the show back on our screens. I was surpised at both the modified titles (I didn't think that was happening until 2012) and the early appearance of the lovely Jenna-Louise Coleman. Allright Moffat, we know your a smartypants, so what have you got in store for us?

Seeing the Doctor trapped against the door reminded me of McCoy's Rememberance Of The Daleks.
    Now do I watch it online tonight or wait 15 days. Ahhhh stupid New Zealand TV!

Gerard wrote:
    So much so that I could see her as a Bond Girl (for the old series, the jury is still out between Susan Jameson and Nicola Bryant).

You mean Louise Jameson? Yes, Louise Jameson in 1977 could have been a Bond girl. So could Mary Tamm and Lalla Ward.
  • Well I have to say the new series opener was great. I love Dr Who but I am always weary that a new series will be lacking somehow but wow I was not disappointed. Perhaps the best Moffat series yet?... We'll have to wait to see!! And how gorgeous is the new girl ;)
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I get the feeling 'Oswin' may be dead but 'Clara', she'll turn up at some point in the future. Well, past actually...

It was a solid episode to open with and after eight months off the TV now seems to best time of all to have the Doctor back. The Daleks are once again scary - good. Next time Moffat can put them to proper use, as they weren't the focus on the story, not that that was bad thing mind you.

Also, why not in a few years have Jenna-Louise Coleman in a Bond film? There are much worse ideas.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    I get the feeling 'Oswin' may be dead but 'Clara', she'll turn up at some point in the future. Well, past actually...

It was a solid episode to open with and after eight months off the TV now seems to best time of all to have the Doctor back. The Daleks are once again scary - good. Next time Moffat can put them to proper use, as they weren't the focus on the story, not that that was bad thing mind you.

Also, why not in a few years have Jenna-Louise Coleman in a Bond film? There are much worse ideas.

I for one would be more than happy to see her in a future Bond film.