James Bond drinks?

edited August 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 68
There was a website years ago, I think it was called atomicmartinis.com, that chronicled all of Bond's drinks in the movies and books. I used to like it because it gave recipes, stats, and other fun tidbits. I know there have been books on Bond's drinks, but none have compared to this site. Does anyone know where it went and if its content is available somewhere?

Comments

• doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    @Hank_Scorpio

Yeah, I was looking for it the other day. The site is actually gone HOWEVER it is available as web archive somewhere - essentially the site is accessible in its original form thanks to this.

Also, there is a guy on Twitter called @LeThirst who is not just chronicling the drinks of Bond for a book but actually making them and drinking them, sourcing the best ingredients etc etc. His liver will probably be mush by the time he publishes it.

Try going here.
  • THANKS! I liked looking at this site as I would read a novel, or was looking for a way to class up an evening. I Appreciate this!
  • This site brings back a question or two that I had before: In the novels, did Bond ever drink anything else besides alcohol on a regular basis? I know in Thunderball it is mentioned that he drinks tea at Shrublands and water on both the Disco Volante and Manta. In other novels its referenced that he drinks coffee at the office. But what about the rest of the time?
    The other question is: was Bond an alcoholic? Given the number of drinks he consumes in a novel (which tend to run between a week and a month in length) it amazes me that he could even function.
    "Do you even get hangovers anymore?" "Duh. I think the answer to that is pretty obvious: no"-Sterling Archer