Soundtrack sequencing guides.

edited March 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 70
Did anyone think to save these? I didn't know where to begin for the short time the database was up, and they slipped my mind.

I really hope they aren't gone. vmsns worked very hard on those.

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, WHY DIDN'T WE GET A WARNING!?

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I would say they're gone Tux, only because, as you said, vimmers created them as he's not with us anymore. I mean before the changeover, he hasn't just returned...

I wish he would though.

And yeah that was one great list he made for us - crumbs.
  • But the lists were intact in the Bond music section.
    edited March 2011 Posts: 13,350
    But as they're not here now, they're gone. I'm pretty sure they aren't as I've just looked...
  • Yeah..I wonder if we'll ever get the archives back. I tried backing the threads up but the archive died just as I started..got maybe 2 threads.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 18
    I know this isn't what you mean whatsoever, but the Cat's guide to Bond soundtrack sequencing is an incredibly reliable reference point for anybody editing their own soundtracks.

http://blofeldscat.livejournal.com/148504.html

I cannot believe the old archives are lost forever :-S
  • Quoting TrumanLodge: I know this isn't what you mean whatsoever, but the Cat's guide to Bond soundtrack sequencing is an incredibly reliable reference point for anybody editing their own soundtracks.

http://blofeldscat.livejournal.com/148504.html

Thank you for that. :) Any little bit helps.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 50
    Quoting TheWhiteTuxedo: Did anyone think to save these? I didn't know where to begin for the short time
    the database was up, and they slipped my mind.

I really hope they aren't
    gone. vmsns worked very hard on those.

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, WHY DIDN'T WE
    GET A WARNING!?

It's James Bond in the 00's Tux, get wid da program, bro. Trashing music legacies is par for the course, vimmers' epic thread merely the latest victim.
    I wish we got to know wtf happened. I won´t cry over many threads that are gone, but the loss of things like the sequencing guide is one thing that starts to get to me. I mean who thinks of saving such list if it´s on the biggest and by far best Bond site in the world? How should anyone possibly expect such a site to disappear just like that in an instant?
  • Quoting boldfinger: the loss of things like the sequencing guide is one thing that starts to get to me
    I know exactly wht you mean BF - I looked at those guides 100s of times but it never once occured to me to copy and save them in a word document - gutting.

Is there anyway we can contact vsmns - I bet he has the masters saved.
    @TrumanLodge Hopefully a longstanding member has his email address - I don't. But he hasn't been on MI6 for at least a couple of years I'd say. If we can he just may have them.

As for other good threads gone, what about w7's list that the whole community was a part of? The "list of actors to appear in two or more Bond films"? It sucks.
  • I never imagined this and many other articles and links would be lost forever!

The cats blogs are coming up access denied- even if you login.

What a pain!