Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• LudsLuds MIA
    if True Blood was ever cancelled.
    Talk about garbage shows that should get canned...

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

I am tempted to watch True Blood... But first I have to start Arrested Development (never seen it before).

• edited May 2011 Posts: 4,622
    21 episodes of The Event in three days. Yep, seven per day and I'm glad that's over with.
    What a trooper. Your head must be spinning from all the changes in direction. Just hope there is lots of Taylor Cole in the final episode and that the moron Vice-President gets his.
    Fae is going to feed you to Eric ( TB's very vicious vamp)

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    What a trooper. Your head must be spinning from all the changes in direction. Just hope there is lots of Taylor Cole in the final episode and that the moron Vice-President gets his.
    Highlights for me had the be the dropping of the completely useless flashbacks, lowlights are the main character - who becomes an ace at everything overnight - then deciding to SHOOT A BOMB in order to defuse it...
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited May 2011 Posts: 1,986
    Highlights for me had the be the dropping of the completely useless flashbacks, lowlights are the main character - who becomes an ace at everything overnight - then deciding to SHOOT A BOMB in order to defuse it...
    If there's one thing that was worth it in the Event it's Taylor Cole. Her sudden metamorphosis from cold blooded murderer to girlie with a crush may be bad writing, her star still shines.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2011 Posts: 13,882
    Our 'Enry: A tribute To Sir Henry Cooper

A tribute looking at the life and career of boxing great Sir Henry Cooper.

-----

Doctor Who: The Rebel Flesh (1/2)

I still think Smith is just fantastic as The Doctor (he's currently my 3rd favourite), but this series has yet to give a story that I really like. Series 5 had: The Eleventh Hour, The Beast Below, Victory Of The Daleks & Vampires In Venice. Maybe all the good stories are being saved for the second half of the series later this year.
  • Just watched season 1 of Misfits. Absolutely brilliant show. Highly recommended.
    I started Sir Roger Moore's Persuaders. What a ridiculous yet fun show.
    Yes Taylor Cole is uber babe. This is pathetic. I'm actually excited about Monday night and the series finale :-(
  • I started Sir Roger Moore's Persuaders. What a ridiculous yet fun show.
    I'm dying to watch this show. Looks so much fun!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

I still think Smith is just fantastic as The Doctor (he's currently my 3rd favourite), but this series has yet to give a story that I really like. Series 5 had: The Eleventh Hour, The Beast Below, Victory Of The Daleks & Vampires In Venice. Maybe all the good stories are being saved for the second half of the series later this year.
    I was feeling like this series wasn't up to last year despite Matt Smith getting better and funnier all the time. However I did enjoy The Rebel Flesh. Good old fashioned running around corridors.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Yes Taylor Cole is uber babe. This is pathetic. I'm actually excited about Monday night and the series finale :-(
    I am as well, though more because the nightmare is over and I get to just watch my piled up DVDs on Mondays after this ends!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2011 Posts: 15,686
    I only watched the first episode of The Event... thought it was rubbish.
    I only watched the first episode of The Event... thought it was rubbish.
    It is. The first epiodes has to be the worst of any series I've ever seen.

I just hope The Event doesn't end up anywhere else on TV. There is talk of it continuing...
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Well the finale was just like the rest of the series: lackluster, underwhelming, uneventful, disappointing, bland. Glad it's done.
    I just hope The Event doesn't end up anywhere else on TV. There is talk of it continuing...
    That would be ridiculous as the ratings were in the dumpster all season. It started really high, but by midpoint, the ratings were ridiculously low for a show airing at 9 on a Monday.

lackluster, underwhelming, uneventful, disappointing, bland.
    Not the first time you used this succession of words... :-))
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

I was feeling like this series wasn't up to last year despite Matt Smith getting better and funnier all the time. However I did enjoy The Rebel Flesh. Good old fashioned running around corridors.
    We still half the series to go, so i'm optimistic that there will be some stories this series i'll like. As for Smiths performance, I believe he's on par, if not better than last year.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Likely not, I've seen some episodes of Lost and pictures of Arterton ;)
    Likely not, I've seen some episodes of Lost and pictures of Arterton ;)
    Lost was great from season 1 to 3... After that it's rubbish. But still, the first 3 seasons are plagued with filler episodes. Anything with Kate, Jack, Claire and Jin/Sun flashbacks are a real bore.
    edited May 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Well the finale was just like the rest of the series: lackluster, underwhelming, uneventful, disappointing, bland. Glad it's done.
    That would be ridiculous as the ratings were in the dumpster all season. It started really high, but by midpoint, the ratings were ridiculously low for a show airing at 9 on a Monday.

It was on a cable channel though or even Netfix. A number of people were said to be "interested" in acquiring it.

Yeah, the final episode was bad and a great cliffhanger ending for those who buy it on DVD! :-))

Just where you would go from that ending though I have no idea. Knowing out luck we could find out...
    The final episode of The Event was OK. It's what I expected. I don't have high expectations for this show. It's a good little timewaster and no more.
    OK so Obama President is back in charge. Good. Disaster was averted thanks to the actions of our heroes. Good. Sophia reverts back to her kinda reasonable self but then we learn that it's all for not, as earth is about to be wiped out by a full scale alien invasion anyway. They even brought their planet with them by the looks of it. I can hardly make sense of the ending but at least we now know for sure that Obama's wife is an alien. I knew that all along anyway. We knew there was an informant in the White House and she was the only one that didn't take the "prove you're not an alien" test.
    I never bought her lame explanation.
    Oh and of course we learn that "schock" one of the lead female characters is pregnant.
    One of the most cliched and over-used "cliffhanger" endings in TV.
    Women get pregnant all the time. OK so the hybrid is having a baby which means the baby is only 1/4 alien. Big deal.... when there's lots of human looking aliens and probably other hybrids walking around anyway. Oh and she's got a virus. Big whoop. Civilzation destroying viruses get cured every week in TV land.
    I think they should all just interbreed and try and get along. Obama President is already doing it, so if its good enough for him.....
    There's lot of room on the earth for everyone. Looking forward to whoever or whatever picks up a Season 2. I'll play along to see what's going on with that big planet that's now hanging over the earth. Better than watching the next Law And Order: Special Drunk and Disorderly Division or CSI: Alaska.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited May 2011 Posts: 1,986
    CSI: Alaska
    -Oh no Jimmy, we've got another one!
    -Not a white one again chief?
    - Yep. Another white one.
    -Holly molly jamoly! It's our 4th this year! Crime has quadrupled since last year
    -Sure did. Who knew those polar bears liked to dance in the streets during storms!
    -Finding skid marks on ice roads is a tough job chief!
    - That's what we're here fore Jimmy. 4th bear death of the season. Also our 4th episode.
    -Looks like we've got an eye witness, chief!...
    -Poll her!

Whoooooooo are you....
    Tune in for the Who Song and then tune out.
    I miss the Event already.
  • edited May 2011 Posts: 3
    The Simpsons is the last TV show that i watch this is one of my favorite TV show. i love to watch this particular TV series.

Edit by Luds: Ads removed. This is a Bond discussion forum, please stick to that.
  • Watched the Simpsons earlier on, now watching an old West Wing DVD.
    The new Jesse Stone - Innocents lost. This is a show that would benefit from the British touch, 3 to 6 tv-movies a year.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    "Happy Anniversary 007"(1987), the 25th Anniversary Bond television special hosted by the then recently retired from the role Roger Moore and featuring scenes from that summer's upcoming new Bond film and new Bond lead actor, TLD and Timothy Dalton, of course. It's an extra on the new 2 disc UE of TLD I just bought.
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350
    The Event could be returning afterall with a mini-series to test the waters first, on Syfy.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/nbcs-the-event-may-continue-as-miniseries-on-syfy/
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    "Alfred Hitchcock Presents".
    The Event could be returning afterall with a mini-series to test the waters first, on Syfy.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/nbcs-the-event-may-continue-as-miniseries-on-syfy/
    This is good news. Now if they can bring back V too, there might be something I can actually watch on TV next fall.
    Fringe, The Event, V and Nikita.
    Feel free to cancel everthing else and run infomercials instead. No problem.