The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Made my last transfer for the season, I am just outside the top 500'000 so thatch really the only thing to play for.

I got two free transfers myself, but I'm really not sure what to do. Trying to see if there are any team news leaks that might help me with my team selection…

Gordon is a doubt so just sold him and brought in Havertz for the first time this season lol
    Ederson and Gordon to Ortega and Saka as my final transfers of the season. Never would have imagined that one of my last transfers would have been a goalkeeper transfer, but here we are! :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Ederson and Gordon to Ortega and Saka as my final transfers of the season. Never would have imagined that one of my last transfers would have been a goalkeeper transfer, but here we are! :))

Two weeks ago I got two decent keeper which failed lol Ortega a good understudy for Ederson.

Arsenal today need to ignore the crowd and play a good game to win, alas I just can't see West Ham hurting City. the only factor I can think of is its Moyes last game, saying that West Ham and Arsenal are practically neighbors I can't see WH busting a gut to help them.

Two weeks ago I got two decent keeper which failed lol Ortega a good understudy for Ederson.

Arsenal today need to ignore the crowd and play a good game to win, alas I just can't see West Ham hurting City. the only factor I can think of is its Moyes last game, saying that West Ham and Arsenal are practically neighbors I can't see WH busting a gut to help them.

West Ham are on the beach, and they're without Bowen, so I expect a comfortable win for City. Just learned that Saka isn't even in the squad, so that doesn't bode well for Arsenal… nor my FPL team! :((

West Ham are on the beach, and they're without Bowen, so I expect a comfortable win for City. Just learned that Saka isn't even in the squad, so that doesn't bode well for Arsenal… nor my FPL team! :((

I heard Saka maybe injured though I unwisely sold him just before he got some form back... who is on your bench?
    Here are the gameweek 38 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 10
    Salah: 2
    Son: 1
    Solanke: 1
    Gordon: 1
    Palmer: 1
    Foden: 1

For the final gameweek of the season, most managers in our league are backing Haaland for points. Salah is the only other player captained by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

I heard Saka maybe injured though I unwisely sold him just before he got some form back... who is on your bench?

Isak is first on my bench. Could be worse.
    Foden scored after 1 minute, race is over.

Twice…
    edited May 19 Posts: 23,682

Twice…

I was going to captain Foden though for some reason stuck with Haaland.

If I was an Arsenal fan I would not be down I think this was bound to happen today.
    I said it before and I watched the game, Villa at home Arsenal did not turn up and that is where they lost the title.
    Isak with a goal and assist already I will take that.
    Not happy I captained Haaland, he just does not haul right now.
    edited May 19 Posts: 23,682
    West Ham got a goal back...

Arsenal 1 - 1

Arsenal just need to win at all costs and hope for a miracle.
    Never believed Arsenal winning the title would be on after that Villa game. Can only hope for a miracle, but the way Arsenal are playing that won't be enough either…
    Never believed Arsenal winning the title would be on after that Villa game. Can only hope for a miracle, but the way Arsenal are playing that won't be enough either…

Arsenal currently are a very good side, though to be great it comes down to elite mentality. I saw Graham's and Wenger's Arsenal they had something extra. the plus point is the current side is still young they can still achieve that level.
  • edited May 19 Posts: 17,372

Arsenal currently are a very good side, though to be great it comes down to elite mentality. I saw Graham's and Wenger's Arsenal they had something extra. the plus point is the current side is still young they can still achieve that level.

They need to address the mentality bit in order to have a fair chance at a title though. Too often we've seen this team crumble in the most important games. Not just against the top six, but also against teams they should win against.

They need to address the mentality bit in order to have a fair chance at a title though. Too often we've seen this team crumble in the most important games. Not just against the top six, but also against teams they should win against.

I cant remember what game it was though Arsenal won a big game a few months ago and celebrated like they won the league, it reminded me of England at the Euros when we won the semi.

A good manager would say stop bloody celebrating you have not won anything yet, over celebrating minor victory is something Fergies Man United never did, you have to keep fighting until the end and past the end. If you let complacency creep in then you are doomed to failure.
    Captain Keano was such a good leader he would not let his team mates think just because we won something that was it, win more and more.

I cant remember what game it was though Arsenal won a big game a few months ago and celebrated like they won the league, it reminded me of England at the Euros when we won the semi.

A good manager would say stop bloody celebrating you have not won anything yet, over celebrating minor victory is something Fergies Man United never did, you have to keep fighting until the end and past the end. If you let complacency creep in then you are doomed to failure.

Celebrating has been thrown at Arsenal all season for some reason. You could argue that they've celebrated a bit much after some games (and I think I can remember which game you're referring to), but at the same time you've seen other teams celebrating just as much – if not more – after which it'd been described as "character building" and such.

There's a balance obviously, but it's hard to say what's excessive and what's just the relief of winning a tough fixture.
    Captain Keano was such a good leader he would not let his team mates think just because we won something that was it, win more and more.

I think a lot of teams (Arsenal included) lacks this quality. You can say that City have it, being able to win the league several years in a row. At the same time they should be able to with an arm tied behind their back. That was not the case back in those days.
    Reaction to Manchester City winning the Premier League
    Reaction to Manchester City winning the Premier League

:))
    Congratulations at @Torgeirtrap for winning the league once again, I need to up my game for next season lol

Farley has already done one for slot, I have no idea how accurate the impression is though its hilarious, Farley is channeling Goldmember a bit here from Austin Powers :))

Arne Slot appointed new Liverpool manager
  • edited May 21 Posts: 17,372
    And here we are. The 2023-24 FPL season is over, so let's have a look at how things went!

First, let's have a look at gameweek 38. Down from 83 points in gameweek 37, gameweek 38 was low scoring in comparison, with an average gameweek score of 52 points. But that didn't stop managers in our league from getting good scores! Best of all was LVLA Skopje 05, finishing the season with a strong gameweek 38 and 83 points. Congratulations! =D>

vXwRSJY.jpg
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: FC Anfield
    GW 7: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 8: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 9: CSAC
    GW 10: Cremonese-killen
    GW 11: The best
    GW 12: TeamXtreme
    GW 13: TeamXtreme
    GW 14: Goldy’s Allstars
    GW 15: Flip & Flop
    GW 16: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 17: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 18: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 19: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 20: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 21: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 22: Red Warriors & Watch how Isak you
    GW 23: AC Miami
    GW 24: TeamXtreme
    GW 25: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 26: Flip & Flop
    GW 27: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 28: Red Warriors & Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 29: You Only Live Rice
    GW 30: The best
    GW 31: TeamXtreme
    GW 32: CSAC
    GW 33: TeamXtreme
    GW 34: Red Warriors
    GW 35: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 36: Mejico POWA
    GW 37: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 38: LVLA Skopje 05

With a finished list in place, we must also have a look at who managed to win most gameweeks this season. Picking up six gameweek wins is Liverpool Richmond, who was also our shared "Most gameweeks won" winner last season. Congratulations! =D>

Liverpool Richmond was closely followed bt Brand New Cadillacs and TeamXtreme, who both managed to pick up five gameweek wins each. In other words, it was a close race for this title!

NHA33Zm.jpg

There was much more to play for obviously. The "Back of The Net!" cup started in gameweek 34, and progressing through all rounds and winning the cup title, is Dinamo Skruknott! Their team is the second winner of our cup competition, following CSAC, who won the cup title in the 2022/23 season.

0mu7Aa7.jpg
    Cup winners:
    2022/23: CSAC
    2023/24: Dinamo Skruknott

After a long season, Dinamo Skruknott also has more to celebrate, as the team is also our Overall winner of the 2023/24 season!

FpDhZls.jpg
    League winners:
    2019/20: Team Extreme
    2020/21: Dinamo Skruknott
    2021/22: FC Nostromo
    2022/23: AC Miami
    2023/24: Dinamo Skruknott

That's it, that's another FPL season finished! What did we think of this season? Are there any lessons learned? Gameweeks you won't forget (both good and bad!), and other things that will make this an FPL season to remember?

I certainly hope everyone has had a lot of fun, and that we will all be back in August. For the next season I will (try and remember to) introduce a another title to compete for, where we crown a winner for the months between January – May. I have no name for this title yet, so suggestions are very welcome!
    Congratulations @Torgeirtrap
    84297.gif

Thanks once again for putting your time and effort in for keeping the league going.

It won't long then it is Euro 2024 Fantasy Football :)) I will have a look into that at the end of the week when off work.
    Congratulations at @Torgeirtrap for winning the league once again, I need to up my game for next season lol

I'm really happy having won the title after a season I thought was very, very difficult. a lot of 50/50 calls went wrong, but I managed to score some much needed points in the second half of the season.

I wonder what we have in sore for next season, from player prices and if the chips will stay the same or not. On thing is certain though, Palmer will get a massive price change! :))
    Farley has already done one for slot, I have no idea how accurate the impression is though its hilarious, Farley is channeling Goldmember a bit here from Austin Powers :))

Arne Slot appointed new Liverpool manager

Hahaha, great one! Including a little bit from Austin Powers make it even better :))
    84297.gif

Thanks once again for putting your time and effort in for keeping the league going.

It won't long then it is Euro 2024 Fantasy Football :)) I will have a look into that at the end of the week when off work.

I haven't had the time to put as much time and effort into the league and the updates as I would like to have, but I hope I can at least put in just as much time next season. I've considered updating the graphics too, but I know my summer will be a bit busy, so we might have to use the same graphics for another season. In any case, I will have good look at the game graphics when the game is updated for next season; they might introduce some changes that might inspire an idea or two.

I must admit I'd totally forgot about the Euros altogether :)) Will have a look at the game eventually, and see if it looks fun.
    Chelsea have sacked Poch just when he was turning the team around and got them playing... i bet Chelsea have got an agreement with De Zerbi. All day he has been inked with United though I bet its Chelsea.
    84297.gif

I haven't had the time to put as much time and effort into the league and the updates as I would like to have, but I hope I can at least put in just as much time next season. I've considered updating the graphics too, but I know my summer will be a bit busy, so we might have to use the same graphics for another season. In any case, I will have good look at the game graphics when the game is updated for next season; they might introduce some changes that might inspire an idea or two.

I must admit I'd totally forgot about the Euros altogether :)) Will have a look at the game eventually, and see if it looks fun.

Its a fun league and graphics look great, I will sort out the links for the Euro's at the end of the week. Fantasy football scout did a video which I need to watch and will link if useful.
  • edited May 21 Posts: 17,372
    Chelsea have sacked Poch just when he was turning the team around and got them playing... i bet Chelsea have got an agreement with De Zerbi. All day he has been inked with United though I bet its Chelsea.

I agree. I think De Zerbi would be a natural name for both clubs to look at, but Chelsea specifically. Could we see Poch at United…?
    84297.gif

Its a fun league and graphics look great, I will sort out the links for the Euro's at the end of the week. Fantasy football scout did a video which I need to watch and will link if useful.

It's more about keeping things fresh and new though. If I find the time, I will definitely see what I can do for next season.

Nice! I think I will rely on content creators to make it easier to get going with my own Euro team. I can't see myself doing the same amount of work as I do with my FPL team, haha!