Why are American Bond girls terrible?

edited August 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 126
is there a good one?

Lowell in LTK, maybe?

Hatcher is terrible. bad actress
Tayna Roberts sucked. even worse than Teri. She might be the hottest American Bond girl, though
Jill St John and Lana Wood were terrible
Kim Bassinger was terrible
Rosie Carver was horrendous
Grace Jones-Bravest thing Bond ever did was sleeping with her.
Denise Richards-very bad
Halli-terrible
lois chiles-looked pretty dang good, but she sucked.
who am I missing?

Is Famke American born? She was great.
Maude adams was Decent. Is she American?

Edit-Famke and Maud arent American

Are their any american girls who would be good bond girls in the future?
besides Jolie and Theron

Comments

• Carey Lowell by far. Talisa Soto is american and my second choice. Barbara Bach is my third.
    The best all-around would have to be Pam Bouvier, and in terms of looks at least, Stacey Sutton and Christmas Jones were beyond hot! Taliso Soto is an honorable mention too, though some of her lines come off quite wooden and poorly delivered.
    Why do people keep starting duplicate threads. This is merely a variation of 'favorite Bond girl' but with one specific nation involved

Furthermore, Maud Adams is from Sweden, Janssen from The Netherlands

Feel this may be closed down sooner or later, but for the purpose of this - Barbara Bach

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Barbara Bach is my favorite.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 126
    I didnt know Bach is American. She is pretty exotic for an american. Soto is hot!!

yeah, I looked up Maud and Janseen. I have seen Janseen in other things, she can do a pretty good american accent.

Ok , I should have put in the subject heading "why do american bond girls suck?" I'll switch it If I can. Maybe a mod can switch it for me.

I am still trying to figure out why Mods cant delete threads off the board-if they are so worried about wasting space.

I am surpsrised that there isnt just one thread on this board labeled "Everything about Bond on here" Just take away the function of starting a thread, mods. Only allow replies.

these threads get so off subject and nobody wants to talk about the original subject-that is just as bad as a duplicate thread. If I have a question-I will get it answered b4 it is locked, and it is a lot quicker.

How is "if you can have just one date with a bond girl" not a duplicate under your dumb rationale? Isnt listing your "favorite bond girl" answering that question?

Anyway,you think it is because of the writing? Is it because Bond is British?

My theory: It is all about the accent. American accents dont fit in a Bond film for some reason. It kind of takes you out of the "Bond world"
    '
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Stunt casting.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I think stunt casting is the answer for the recent films. As for the older ones, there's just not the same sense of mystery and allure as there is for European women.

Bond films are almost always better when they stick to Europe, not coincidentally. The world is rooted in the Cold War.
    Is that part of the "fun" of this board? Seeing if there is duplicat topic on here?
    Is that part of the "fun" of this board? Seeing who can find if there is the same topic already on here??

It's just convenient so there aren't too many of the same exact thread.
  • I was just joking, Murdock.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Can't believe you've all forgotten Lynn-Holly Johnson.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 16,330
    OH GOD NO NOT BIBI!!! :((

I knew she was American but mentioning her makes me cringe.
  • Yeah, she was bad, too. Maybe the worst. Was she the daughter of a producer or something? I bet even soap operas turned her down.
    Leave Johnson alone, she did no harm to anyone

Sounds all so familiar, but only Berry, Chiles and Roberts stand out as genuinely awful Bond ladies our country has supplied. Pity Jane Seymour was British, as they have themselves the best Bond girl ever, and even my second favorite was from Switzerland

To the author of this - If the plastic faced Jolie ever becomes a Bond girl it would be a very sad day for me as a James Bond enthusiast. Don't even suggest such a thing
    edited August 2012 Posts: 5,978
    Yeah, she was bad, too. Maybe the worst. Was she the daughter of a producer or something? I bet even soap operas turned her down.

She was a huge star after Ice Castles. I kind of like her--the film needs a bit of comic relief and it's a rare realistic nod to Moore's age. And "looks like Bibi has a new sponsor" is a good capper.
    @Baltimore_007 I heard she was considered for Vesper.

I never saw Ice Castles...

Any American actress' you think would be good in a bond movie?

I cant really think of any.
    I am going to stick up for Tiffany Case. I love the humour and sassiness of Jill St Johns portrayal which fits in really well with the film. She captures the 'cockiness' of the character from the book. And Jill St John is so damn likeable.

I also think Lois Chiles is a convincing "Bond equal". I believe her as a scientist and an astronaut. She's good with the oneliners as well.
    actonsteve wrote:
    I am going to stick up for Tiffany Case. I love the humour and sassiness of Jill St Johns portrayal which fits in really well with the film. She captures the 'cockiness' of the character from the book. And Jill St John is so damn likeable.

I also think Lois Chiles is a convincing "Bond equal". I believe her as a scientist and an astronaut. She's good with the oneliners as well.

I can sort of stick up for Jill St. John...in Amsterdam. The script lets her down once it hits Vegas.
    is there a good one?

lois chiles-looked pretty dang good, but she sucked.
    who am I missing? Hence her brilliant name dr Goodhead :D

Is Famke American born? She was great. Dutch 8->
    Maude adams was Decent. Is she American? Swedish 8->

Theron is South African :D
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 774
    I don't dislike Jill St John. I might even like her, maybe. I find Denise Richards enjoyable simply because she's so bad.
    I thought Lois Chiles was pretty good, Carey Lowell is one of my favrouites and I have never had a problem with Teri Hatcher, as for Tanya Roberts, she was more than easy on the eye!
    actonsteve wrote:

I like Tiffany Case too. Not so much because of her acting mind ;)

Louis Chiles...meh...wooden :p