The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mainoo with one hell of a goal get in... wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    He's done that before ... beautiful goal.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Looks like Mainoo is in 10 position now Amrabat has come on.

Oh dear penalty to Liverpool, United are allergic to winning.
    2 - 2
    Mount on for Mainoo.
    edited April 7 Posts: 23,395
    I could swear a million times lol 2 - 2 Liverpool will wonder what the hell happened they should have won most of the United players were poor with a few standouts. Young CB Kambala was superb for United.
    edited April 7 Posts: 23,395
    This seasons CL games and very much the last 2 games for United the defending is no better than TH first 2 games when we got beat by Brighton and Brentford almost 2 years ago. TH just does not know how to defend.

Its stressful to watch though entertaining kind of lol

watching highlights, brilliant finish by Bruno.
    edited April 7 Posts: 735
    This seasons CL games and very much the last 2 games for United the defending is no better than TH first 2 games when we got beat by Brighton and Brentford almost 2 years ago. TH just does not know how to defend.

Arsenal and City are really quite boring in their clinical perfection.

Much better the chaos of United and Chelsea.
    Feyador wrote: »

United can be terrible then sublime within 2 minutes.

Indeed ... but mostly the former, to be fair.

I can't argue with that, I suffered the abysmal Champions League games this season.

I can't argue with that, I suffered the abysmal Champions League games this season.

Arsenal were just suffocating yesterday, put both Brighton and this viewer to sleep.

Arsenal were just suffocating yesterday, put both Brighton and this viewer to sleep.

I watched parts of the game, admittedly I did get bored. I hope Arsenal win the league to stop the other 2, especially stop Liverpool.

I watched parts of the game, admittedly I did get bored. I hope Arsenal win the league to stop the other 2, especially stop Liverpool.

Liverpool look to me the weaker of the three. Especially with Salah not in great form ....

Liverpool look to me the weaker of the three. Especially with Salah not in great form ....

Agree, there were stages in the first half today that I felt City and Arsenal would have punished us and got the win.
    R.I.P. Joe Kinnear
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Everton have been deducted two points for another breach of the Premier League's Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSR).

I quite enjoyed the game though (obviously)!

________

Missed the United-Liverpool game, annoyingly. Really wish United would have won it, but I guess ten Hag should be happy to have got a point from this match. Looking at the remaining fixtures, I can see both Liverpool and City winning them all.
    Everton have been deducted two points for another breach of the Premier League's Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSR).

Have we ever seen a club deducted points on two separate occasions in the same season before?
    edited April 10 Posts: 23,395
    Arsenal got lucky it would seem, the ref made a right howler and admited his mistake.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/20fN92E7h_o?feature=shared
    God knows what Gabriel was thinking.

Real v City had some great goals. I think City are not a shoe in to go through, despite the home game next City's defence does not look strong right now.
    Indeed, Arsenal were very lucky with the result they got against Bayern. This was a Bayern team which despite a horrible season, showed why they are a proper CL team. Arsenal, not so much…

The return fixture at the Ethiad between City and Real Madrid will be quite the game. Might need to have both games on at the same time!
    Indeed, Arsenal were very lucky with the result they got against Bayern. This was a Bayern team which despite a horrible season, showed why they are a proper CL team. Arsenal, not so much…

The return fixture at the Ethiad between City and Real Madrid will be quite the game. Might need to have both games on at the same time!

I think there is a real chance all English sides in Europe won't make the Quarters, City's defence may lead to a Real win. Arsenal record away to Bayern if I recall is not good.
    edited April 13 Posts: 2,355
    Phil Foden -Knock - 75% chance of playing

Back of the net! Cup🏆
    The Cup is scheduled to start in GW34

Fixtures will be determined at the end of Gameweek 33. If there are 32 teams in the associated league, then each team will have an opponent in Gameweek 34.

If there are between 17 and 31 teams in the league, some teams will receive a bye in Gameweek 34 based on their score in Gameweek 33.

I think there is a real chance all English sides in Europe won't make the Quarters, City's defence may lead to a Real win. Arsenal record away to Bayern if I recall is not good.

Arsenal's record against Bayern is really bad! And as you point out, there is actually a chance of City and Arsenal not reaching the quarters. If I'm to guess, I think City might just get through, and that Arsenal will lose out.
    Phil Foden -Knock - 75% chance of playing

Back of the net! Cup🏆
    The Cup is scheduled to start in GW34

Fixtures will be determined at the end of Gameweek 33. If there are 32 teams in the associated league, then each team will have an opponent in Gameweek 34.

If there are between 17 and 31 teams in the league, some teams will receive a bye in Gameweek 34 based on their score in Gameweek 33.

Completely forgot about the cup! There will no doubt be a lot of points to compete for between now and the end of the season, and the cup is something to look forward to.

Foden might be my transfer out today…
  • edited April 13 Posts: 17,295
    Gambling on a late -4 to sort out my team a bit. Could go both ways, this!

nervous-shy.gif

At the same time, I need to take some risk if I want to have a small chance on catching up in the money league I'm in.
    Forgot to change my team so its exactly as it was from the last GW, I think several of my players were flagged.

nervous-shy.gif

At the same time, I need to take some risk if I want to have a small chance on catching up in the money league I'm in.

Fukc i missed the deadline. :)]
  • edited April 13 Posts: 17,295
    Here are the gameweek 33 captaincy picks!
    Haaland: 8
    Salah: 4
    Son: 3
    Solanke: 1
    Palmer: 1

A favourable fixture for City and Haaland sees the striker topping our list of captaincy picks this gameweek, captained by eight managers. Salah and Son are also popular, backed by four and three managers respectively. Good luck everyone!
    Forgot to change my team so its exactly as it was from the last GW, I think several of my players were flagged.

nervous-shy.gif

Fukc i missed the deadline. :)]

I think a lot of mangers (myself included) might have acted on players likely to miss out or being doubts to start. So saving transfers (deliberately or not!) might pay off, actually.
    4 of my players flagged, there is a real possibility I can only field 9 or 10 players with rotation again likely.
    edited April 13 Posts: 23,395
    Despite me doing nothing before this GW Isak and Schär have got me off to a great start with 25 points.

Newcastle 4 - 0 Spurs.