The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    I got about 150 pts a few years back after using a bench boost during a big Double Game Week. I may have wildcarded the week before, ideally that's the thing to do, building to a big DGW. I'm not sure if we're going to get one of those this year ...
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited March 15 Posts: 2,355
    Feyador wrote: »
    Pretty poor GW so far ...

Amazing cross from Andros Townsend for that late equalizer but neither Bournemouth nor other Luton assets have provided anything.

Solanke slipped and missed his penalty then was later judged harshly to have handled the ball on a disallowed goal. Zero pts. for him ... and his team were unlucky not to win.

I see a lot of low scores this gameweek. A lot of teams are looking very similar, so owning that one player who delivers can be massive.
    Controversial end to the game, I thought that was a pen. Pep will be extremely happy getting out of Anfield with a point.

Thought the same thing! Can't believe that wasn't given.

Looked like a pen to me too, i would have given it :)>-
    Typical VAR operations mistake ?

There's been plenty of those this season, that's for sure!
    Porto pen saved again, Arsenal are through.

Had an early start of the day today, and it certainly did not help that yesterday's game went to penalties. Who can sleep after that kind of drama!
    What was all that brouhaha at the end of the game between the managers and players of both teams?

Well, I guess no one's second guessing Arteta now about his moves for Raya and Havertz ....

That puzzled me too. From tweets I've seen, Conceicao claims Arteta insulted his family… Some tweets mention that this is not the first time he throws these kinds of accusations around though. It was the same story with him and Thomas Tuchel just a few years ago.

I'm just very happy these moves have added something to the team – which was needed. There were very few positive reactions to these two signings in the summer, both from pundits, experts and fans.
    Need some Solanke points today.🙏

Hoped for a Bournemouth clean sheet. That didn't last long! At least Solanke got on the score sheet.

It was a nice Goal by Solanke, it's a shame he missed the pen in the first game.

Only got 4 players so far with 2 free transfers for this gw.

Yes, that penalty miss was really annoying for us owners!

Do you have or plan to use the Free Hit chip, @007InAction? I imagine many teams won't be able to field much more than six players without a chip in play, so you might be alright even without playing the Free Hit (or any other chip)!
    @Torgeirtrap Arsenal have got a real chance of silverware, I envy you it seems like an age since Man United were even competitive.

Remember that Arsenal were hardly competitive for years; the Banter Era, as it's often called, feels like yesterday really. Those were some really tough years as an Arsenal fan. And even though Arsenal are now looking quite different, they don't have much silverware to show for. That's what's this Arsenal squad need to show that they're capable of achieving.
    Ben White refuses to play for England.

Not totally happy with Southgates squad choices way too many players past it or not even playing.

Not happy Mainoo has not been given a chance.
    I don't believe that Ben White hasn't had a falling out with one of the staff. There's no reason he would turn down an England callup otherwise

For "Arsenal reasons" I'm happy to see Ben White NOT featuring for England. But it's no doubt he would have been a great addition to that squad. The rumours are that he's had a row or issue with Southgate or Steve Holland. Southgate obviously denies this, which really just make you think that this is indeed the case.

I've used the Free Hit so hopefully Watkins plays this week as i think it was only a cut on his knee ?

Arsenal the best team in the world this week according to Shaka's Power Rankings🚀
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Activated my Free Hit chip and picked a squad, no idea who is the best team or players to back looking at the fixtures. If I get any decent points it will be luck.
    Arsenal v. Bayern ... time to overcome the trauma, I think. Then City in the semis, as a neutral I'd love to see it!

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Arsenal v. Bayern ... time to overcome the trauma, I think. Then City in the semis, as a neutral I'd love to see it!

Kane adds an extra dimension to that fixture it will be tough for Arsenal, Bayern's form has been mixed though there pedigree in the CL is not to be underestimated.

Kane adds an extra dimension to that fixture it will be tough for Arsenal, Bayern's form has been mixed though there pedigree in the CL is not to be underestimated.

And Dier! Playing regularly for them, I think.

And Dier! Playing regularly for them, I think.

According to commentatotrs Dier has helped improve the side in recent weeks, I don't watch the Bundesliga myself, though listen to reports.
    edited March 16 Posts: 2,355
    Emerson Palmieri dos Santos - Groin Injury - 75% chance of playing
    The FA Cup this week is better than the EPL.

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Coventry City

Manchester City v Newcastle United

Chelsea v Leicester City

Manchester United v Liverpool
    Changed my team, I had left out a player that I completely missed could have been a huge mistake.
    On my Free Hit, and can't decide on my two last spots to fill. Going down to the deadline, this!
    Yeah just had a quick look again, my logic is if I change things again it will likely back fire lol
    I got about 150 pts a few years back after using a bench boost during a big Double Game Week. I may have wildcarded the week before, ideally that's the thing to do, building to a big DGW. I'm not sure if we're going to get one of those this year ...

Whoa! Don't think I've had over 130 points before, and that was a big DGW as well. Time will tell, but it doesn't look like we'll get one of those really big DGWs this season.
    Pretty poor GW so far ...

Amazing cross from Andros Townsend for that late equalizer but neither Bournemouth nor other Luton assets have provided anything.

Solanke slipped and missed his penalty then was later judged harshly to have handled the ball on a disallowed goal. Zero pts. for him ... and his team were unlucky not to win.

I see a lot of low scores this gameweek. A lot of teams are looking very similar, so owning that one player who delivers can be massive.
    Controversial end to the game, I thought that was a pen. Pep will be extremely happy getting out of Anfield with a point.

Thought the same thing! Can't believe that wasn't given.

Looked like a pen to me too, i would have given it :)>-
    Typical VAR operations mistake ?

There's been plenty of those this season, that's for sure!
    Porto pen saved again, Arsenal are through.

Had an early start of the day today, and it certainly did not help that yesterday's game went to penalties. Who can sleep after that kind of drama!
    What was all that brouhaha at the end of the game between the managers and players of both teams?

Well, I guess no one's second guessing Arteta now about his moves for Raya and Havertz ....

That puzzled me too. From tweets I've seen, Conceicao claims Arteta insulted his family… Some tweets mention that this is not the first time he throws these kinds of accusations around though. It was the same story with him and Thomas Tuchel just a few years ago.

I'm just very happy these moves have added something to the team – which was needed. There were very few positive reactions to these two signings in the summer, both from pundits, experts and fans.
    Need some Solanke points today.🙏

Hoped for a Bournemouth clean sheet. That didn't last long! At least Solanke got on the score sheet.

It was a nice Goal by Solanke, it's a shame he missed the pen in the first game.

Only got 4 players so far with 2 free transfers for this gw.

Yes, that penalty miss was really annoying for us owners!

Do you have or plan to use the Free Hit chip, @007InAction? I imagine many teams won't be able to field much more than six players without a chip in play, so you might be alright even without playing the Free Hit (or any other chip)!
    @Torgeirtrap Arsenal have got a real chance of silverware, I envy you it seems like an age since Man United were even competitive.

Remember that Arsenal were hardly competitive for years; the Banter Era, as it's often called, feels like yesterday really. Those were some really tough years as an Arsenal fan. And even though Arsenal are now looking quite different, they don't have much silverware to show for. That's what's this Arsenal squad need to show that they're capable of achieving.
    Ben White refuses to play for England.

Not totally happy with Southgates squad choices way too many players past it or not even playing.

Not happy Mainoo has not been given a chance.
    I don't believe that Ben White hasn't had a falling out with one of the staff. There's no reason he would turn down an England callup otherwise

For "Arsenal reasons" I'm happy to see Ben White NOT featuring for England. But it's no doubt he would have been a great addition to that squad. The rumours are that he's had a row or issue with Southgate or Steve Holland. Southgate obviously denies this, which really just make you think that this is indeed the case.

I've used the Free Hit so hopefully Watkins plays this week as i think it was only a cut on his knee ?

Arsenal the best team in the world this week according to Shaka's Power Rankings🚀

I'm just as surprised seeing Arsenal first as seeing Real Madrid fifth!

I'm playing Watkins, but I've made sure to have a decent bench in case he misses out.

I knew it would happen! Bayern haven't had a good season, but that doesn't make me feel any more confident Arsenal will beat them…
    Yeah just had a quick look again, my logic is if I change things again it will likely back fire lol

This is me every gameweek!
    A couple of my signings already = FAIL!!! lol
    Here are the gameweek 29 captaincy picks!
    Son: 12
    Salah: 2
    Haaland: 1
    Solanke: 1
    Watkins: 1

With few teams playing, there aren't that many standout captaincy options this gameweek. It's no surprise then, that many managers have looked to Son for their captaincy. The Spurs forward is backed by 12 managers, and Salah (who blanks this gameweek) is the only other player captained by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

I certainly regret starting Reguilón over Vitinho!

All my players failed lol to be honest these are not the best games to have such a small pool of players to pick from.
    Good win for Coventry earlier, hopefully Newcastle can cause an upset and beat City, i heard the other day KDB may be out.

All my players failed lol to be honest these are not the best games to have such a small pool of players to pick from.

Yes, it's very difficult to find those players that actually delivers. Right now my bench is doing great!

Completely forgot there are FA Cup fixtures today. And as I type this, City scores :))
    edited March 16 Posts: 23,394
    City score lucky deflected shot, dam.

Usual City build up play.
    Spurs losing 3 - 0 :)) another GW disaster for me... one big positive is it gives Man United another glimmer of hope for top 4.

So far 9 0f my players have got no extra points, that is definitely a personal record for me lol
    City win pretty comprehensive, they were too good for Newcastle. I hate to say it though City could win back to back trebles.
    Southgate needs to play Foden at 10 for England, if he does we will win the Euro's. Foden is better than Gaza IMO.
    edited March 16 Posts: 735
    Hilariously, most of us engaged managers started the same back three for a cumulative minus 1. However, I did gamble on Muniz as one of my forwards, which paid off. But then I also left out Watkins on my FH. I really need him to blank and have Bailey score a hattie tomorrow. And Spurs were just bad ....
    10 from 8 players is probably my worst ever start to a gameweek. At least playing the Free Hit means I didn't have to take any hits to field a full team. It will be interesting to see the overall average from this gameweek; it will no doubt be the lowest so far this season.
    10 from 8 players is probably my worst ever start to a gameweek. At least playing the Free Hit means I didn't have to take any hits to field a full team. It will be interesting to see the overall average from this gameweek; it will no doubt be the lowest so far this season.

Hard gw so far
    Got 6 from 2 so far. Possible 6 players in total ?

Need Emerson and Watkins to start for some extra points.
    edited March 17 Posts: 23,394
    Big Ange reacts to Fulham 3-0 defeat/b]
    Hojlund back, Salah fit for Man Utd vs Liverpool
    Easy goal for Chelsea, good work from Jackson.
    Leicester defending was poor.