The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 35 deadline: Sat 27 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 10 Posts: 23,395
    Goal 1 - 1 Mac Allister.

Pep's jinx at Anfield continuing?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Ederson going off injured.
    Liverpool may regret missing these chances.
    edited March 10 Posts: 23,395
    OMG another chance, City are nowhere right now.
    KDB going off, crikey. Is Pep playing for a draw now.
    This game is crazy, wicked deflection of Foden hits cross bar.
    Doku hits post...
    8 minutes injury time, Liverpool been far the better team though Haaland has not has a chance yet...
    Got to be a penalty to Liverpool...
    Controversial end to the game, I thought that was a pen. Pep will be extremely happy getting out of Anfield with a point.
    Feyador wrote: »
    Pretty poor GW so far ...

Amazing cross from Andros Townsend for that late equalizer but neither Bournemouth nor other Luton assets have provided anything.

Solanke slipped and missed his penalty then was later judged harshly to have handled the ball on a disallowed goal. Zero pts. for him ... and his team were unlucky not to win.

I see a lot of low scores this gameweek. A lot of teams are looking very similar, so owning that one player who delivers can be massive.
    Controversial end to the game, I thought that was a pen. Pep will be extremely happy getting out of Anfield with a point.

Thought the same thing! Can't believe that wasn't given.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited March 11 Posts: 2,355

Amazing cross from Andros Townsend for that late equalizer but neither Bournemouth nor other Luton assets have provided anything.

Solanke slipped and missed his penalty then was later judged harshly to have handled the ball on a disallowed goal. Zero pts. for him ... and his team were unlucky not to win.

I see a lot of low scores this gameweek. A lot of teams are looking very similar, so owning that one player who delivers can be massive.

Looked like a pen to me too, i would have given it :)>-
    Typical VAR operations mistake ?
    Reaction to football weekend feat. Dyche, Kane and Big Ange
    edited March 12 Posts: 23,395
    Arsenal v Porto gone to penalties, need Arsenal to win as it impacts Prem getting a fifth champions League spot.
    Porto pen saved... 3 - 1 Arsenal Saka scores...
    Pressure... Porto score 3 - 2 Arsenal still with the advantage.
    Rice scores 4 - 2 on the brink...
    Porto pen saved again, Arsenal are through.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    What was all that brouhaha at the end of the game between the managers and players of both teams?

Well, I guess no one's second guessing Arteta now about his moves for Raya and Havertz ....
    Need some Solanke points today.🙏

There's been plenty of those this season, that's for sure!

Had an early start of the day today, and it certainly did not help that yesterday's game went to penalties. Who can sleep after that kind of drama!
    What was all that brouhaha at the end of the game between the managers and players of both teams?

Well, I guess no one's second guessing Arteta now about his moves for Raya and Havertz ....

That puzzled me too. From tweets I've seen, Conceicao claims Arteta insulted his family… Some tweets mention that this is not the first time he throws these kinds of accusations around though. It was the same story with him and Thomas Tuchel just a few years ago.

I'm just very happy these moves have added something to the team – which was needed. There were very few positive reactions to these two signings in the summer, both from pundits, experts and fans.

Hoped for a Bournemouth clean sheet. That didn't last long! At least Solanke got on the score sheet.

Had an early start of the day today, and it certainly did not help that yesterday's game went to penalties. Who can sleep after that kind of drama!

That puzzled me too. From tweets I've seen, Conceicao claims Arteta insulted his family… Some tweets mention that this is not the first time he throws these kinds of accusations around though. It was the same story with him and Thomas Tuchel just a few years ago.

I'm just very happy these moves have added something to the team – which was needed. There were very few positive reactions to these two signings in the summer, both from pundits, experts and fans.

Hoped for a Bournemouth clean sheet. That didn't last long! At least Solanke got on the score sheet.

It was a nice Goal by Solanke, it's a shame he missed the pen in the first game.

Only got 4 players so far with 2 free transfers for this gw.
    @Torgeirtrap Arsenal have got a real chance of silverware, I envy you it seems like an age since Man United were even competitive.
    Ben White refuses to play for England.

Not totally happy with Southgates squad choices way too many players past it or not even playing.

Not happy Mainoo has not been given a chance.
  • I don't believe that Ben White hasn't had a falling out with one of the staff. There's no reason he would turn down an England callup otherwise
    Let's have a look at gameweek 28 before the gameweek 29 deadline! With an average score of 44 points, this was a pretty low scoring gameweek compared to gameweek 27. It also feels like a particularly low scoring gameweek seeing as this was a double gameweek as well. We saw quite the variance in points scored too, with some teams finishing around the average, while others saw considerably better scores. The best teams this gameweek was Red Warriors and Dinamo Skruknott, both finishing the gameweek with 74 points. Congratulations! =D>

[img][/img]JvbD1yS.jpeg
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: FC Anfield
    GW 7: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 8: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 9: CSAC
    GW 10: Cremonese-killen
    GW 11: The best
    GW 12: TeamXtreme
    GW 13: TeamXtreme
    GW 14: Goldy’s Allstars
    GW 15: Flip & Flop
    GW 16: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 17: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 18: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 19: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 20: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 21: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 22: Red Warriors & Watch how Isak you
    GW 23: AC Miami
    GW 24: TeamXtreme
    GW 25: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 26: Flip & Flop
    GW 27: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 28: Red Warriors & Dinamo Skruknott
    _________

Remember the deadline this Saturday, at 13:30 UK time. This is also a blank gameweek for several teams!
    I don't believe that Ben White hasn't had a falling out with one of the staff. There's no reason he would turn down an England callup otherwise

Yeah they were speculating on Talksport there must have been a fall out, must be something serious as Ben white is not budging on his decision and England do need cover at full back.

It was a nice Goal by Solanke, it's a shame he missed the pen in the first game.

Only got 4 players so far with 2 free transfers for this gw.

Yes, that penalty miss was really annoying for us owners!

Do you have or plan to use the Free Hit chip, @007InAction? I imagine many teams won't be able to field much more than six players without a chip in play, so you might be alright even without playing the Free Hit (or any other chip)!
    @Torgeirtrap Arsenal have got a real chance of silverware, I envy you it seems like an age since Man United were even competitive.

Remember that Arsenal were hardly competitive for years; the Banter Era, as it's often called, feels like yesterday really. Those were some really tough years as an Arsenal fan. And even though Arsenal are now looking quite different, they don't have much silverware to show for. That's what's this Arsenal squad need to show that they're capable of achieving.
    Ben White refuses to play for England.

Not totally happy with Southgates squad choices way too many players past it or not even playing.

Not happy Mainoo has not been given a chance.
    I don't believe that Ben White hasn't had a falling out with one of the staff. There's no reason he would turn down an England callup otherwise

For "Arsenal reasons" I'm happy to see Ben White NOT featuring for England. But it's no doubt he would have been a great addition to that squad. The rumours are that he's had a row or issue with Southgate or Steve Holland. Southgate obviously denies this, which really just make you think that this is indeed the case.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited March 14 Posts: 735
    Watkins not looking good for the weekend, asked to be subbed off on 30 mins with heavily bandaged knee ...

So we're all Free Hitting for GW29? I only have four playable players, including Watkins, so maybe three, and just one free transfer.

Dinamo Skruknott in first place in our league, with me, Brand New Cadillacs, 34 pts behind in second place. And I've already used my WC .... so it's going to be tough to catch him.
    Watkins will be a huge miss in a gameweek with so few fixtures…

I activated my Free Hit during the weekend. My transfers leading up to gameweek 28 made the decision really easy, and it looked very unlikely that I would have been able to do anything differently in order to save the chip for later. For those able to field a decent team without taking several hits, there might be an upside using it later. Very team dependant, obviously.

Currently first in our league, I can't complain. I do however feel very clueless as to what to do from gameweek to gameweek, compared to what I was last season. Not having a "set" plan for a few gameweeks ahead does make you more flexible, but I would prefer to have some sort of plan in place – especially for this period where you might want to start using the remaining chips. I don't know when to use the Bench Boost for example, and if I should plan my transfers accordingly, playing the wildcard afterwards – or the other way around, playing the wildcard in order to bring in the players I want for the Bench Boost.

We still have all to play for though. In the money league I'm in (which I've mentioned before), we've seen teams going up and down the ranking these past few gameweeks. All the managers in that league have a lot of the same players and teams covered, but having that one player that scores double digits one gameweek, or that one defender that keeps a clean sheet, has turned things around in the standings.