The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 37 deadline: Sat 11 May 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    Walker really, ready, really wants to score today
    Feyador wrote: »
    Oh, wow, Cole Palmer ... second goal!

I guess we all should have captained him ... lol!

But seriously, what was Pep doing letting him go ... I guess Palmer didn't want to wait around.

Imagine being in the position to have Haaland, Álvarez and Palmer to choose from. What a luxury! Looking at Arsenal's struggles, they could have benefited from a player like Palmer.

Arsenal aren't struggling, 2nd in the league and doing well in the CL.

If you look beyond the results, late winners and wins despite bad performances, they are clearly not doing the most of their chances. Had they had better finishers, they would have been much better off (Jesus missed a header on open goal against West Ham…). But they don't, and that's why they will struggle fighting for the title…
    Here are the gameweek 20 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 5
    Son: 4
    Álvarez: 3
    Haaland: 2
    Alexander-Arnold: 1
    Hee Chan: 1
    Foden: 1

With no clear favourite for the armband this gameweek, managers in our league are looking at several players with their captaincy. Salah is the most captained players this gameweek, backed by five managers. Son is close behind, captained by three managers. Álvarez and Haaland (who is still injured), is the only other players captained by more than one manager.
    Had to break ... and now watching on delay.

Goal from Alvarez, another assist from Foden.
    Ok, I get it ... ManCity are so very good they don't actually need to score!

Probably why Walker got subbed, he was trying too much to score when Pep would rather set some kind of total passes team record n a single game!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Had a mini break from the football, hopefully things will improve FPL wise in 2024.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Forest 0 - United. bit of bore draw so far need more from the team in the second half to make the villa result mean something.
    edited December 2023 Posts: 735
    Forest 0 - United. bit of bore draw so far need more from the team in the second half to make the villa result mean something.
    Yeah, it literally put me to sleep; but the second half was much more enjoyable ... at least to me.

Elanga, who assisted the winner, celebrated like crazy at the end. As did the other Forest players and fans ... first victory over United in almost 30 years.
    Credit to Forest though they did not have to do much really, United were shocking. Why TH subbed Mainoo at half time is anybody's guess, terrible decision..
    I think Brentford are in danger of going down, especially if Toney leaves in January. And he hasn't played in 6 months; and they also have Mbeumo sidelined until March as well as important defenders sidelined with unknown return date injuries. Luton are awfully scrappy, I think they might survive ....
    Bowen has already gone up in FPL price. Was tempted to transfer him in already but decided to wait, which may not help at all when in comes to replacing Salah and Son. Both will drop in price in a couple of days. I like Saka as the other replacement but funds will be tight when bringing Haaland back, ideally for Alvarez.

If Jota starts in place of Salah I think he might be a good pick too.

I already have Foden & Palmer.

Other replacement options:

Odegaard; Maddison (next GW return); Sterling; Eze; Olise; Gross ....
    edited December 2023 Posts: 23,419
    Great I only just brought in Son and now he is being flagged for international duty, I had no idea and he better be playing today gr. (Son starts)
    I think Brentford are in danger of going down, especially if Toney leaves in January. And he hasn't played in 6 months; and they also have Mbeumo sidelined until March as well as important defenders sidelined with unknown return date injuries. Luton are awfully scrappy, I think they might survive ....

I think we are in for a very interesting relegation battle the way things are looking right now.
    Bowen has already gone up in FPL price. Was tempted to transfer him in already but decided to wait, which may not help at all when in comes to replacing Salah and Son. Both will drop in price in a couple of days. I like Saka as the other replacement but funds will be tight when bringing Haaland back, ideally for Alvarez.

I'm interested in bringing in Bowen too. It will all depend on funds available if bringing in Haaland of course. I'm not confident in Arsenal assets though. I'm likely to drop Gabriel if possible, and Saka doesn't really justify the price. Arsenal are obviously missing players due to injuries, and my opinion might change should some of them become available anytime soon.
    Great I only just brought in Son and now he is being flagged for international duty, I had no idea and he better be playing today gr. (Son starts)

At least you can easily transfer him out for most midfielders or spread the funds if any position needs strengthening.

I think we are in for a very interesting relegation battle the way things are looking right now.

I'm interested in bringing in Bowen too. It will all depend on funds available if bringing in Haaland of course. I'm not confident in Arsenal assets though. I'm likely to drop Gabriel if possible, and Saka doesn't really justify the price. Arsenal are obviously missing players due to injuries, and my opinion might change should some of them become available anytime soon.

At least you can easily transfer him out for most midfielders or spread the funds if any position needs strengthening.

I knew Salah would be away so did not factor on Son as well plus got other fires to put out.

I don't know when we can use the wildcard?
    Arsenal looking everything but confident against Fulham.

I knew Salah would be away so did not factor on Son as well plus got other fires to put out.

You can play it now, can't you? I have two rivals in another league who played theirs after the deadline this weekend.

I watched the first 5 minutes then though as its New Years eve I should maybe watch some movies instead.

You can play it now, can't you? I have two rivals in another league who played theirs after the deadline this weekend.

I looked yesterday and the option sis not appear, I probably was not looking in the right place lol
  • edited December 2023 Posts: 17,302

I watched the first 5 minutes then though as its New Years eve I should maybe watch some movies instead.

I looked yesterday and the option sis not appear, I probably was not looking in the right place lol

I might choose a film too over this second half the way Arsenal are playing! Season over kind of performance, this.

The wildcard button is there now, is it not?
  • edited December 2023 Posts: 17,302
    And Fulham score again. This Arsenal team will not challenge for the title.

I might choose a film over this second half the way Arsenal are playing! Season over kind of performance, this.

The wildcard button is there now, is it not?

I wish I had done that yesterday before United imploded :))

Arsenal really don't want to be bottling it at this stage of the season, I don't want Liverpool or City breaking anymore or equaling Man United records lol
    I don't think you could play it before after this deadline.
    The second wildcard will be available after Sat 30 Dec 12:00 in readiness for the January transfer window opening and remain available until the end of the season.

Arsenal really are imploding now, with injuries and everyone playing badly. Happens every season.
    The second wildcard will be available after Sat 30 Dec 12:00 in readiness for the January transfer window opening and remain available until the end of the season.

Arsenal really are imploding now, with injuries and everyone playing badly. Happens every season.

That makes sense, not checked though i think it is 2 weeks until the next Prem game so plenty of time to come up with a decent squad.

That makes sense, not checked though i think it is 2 weeks until the next Prem game so plenty of time to come up with a decent squad.

The upside of wildcarding now is that you have time to play around with different combinations for your team. The downside of course, is not having it available later in the season. I'm tempted to wildcard too, but I don't know how many transfers I need or want to make at this point. Still, a wildcard is something to consider before the next deadline.
    How many former Arsenal in that Fulham starting line up? At least three ... and like Elanga yesterday they looked extra motivated today.

Happy new years, guys, best of luck for 2024!
    Happy New Year...I am never going to drink again lol
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited January 1 Posts: 2,355
    Happy new years, guys, best of luck for 2024
    Good win for us, could challenge favorites manc ? Hopefully
    Without Salah for a few games, have to bring him in when he returns, somehow.
    edited January 2 Posts: 735
    Yeah, Salah was excellent against Newcastle, even with a missed penalty. Might have had additional assists if Nunez could ever find the net. I'm looking at Jota as a possible FPL replacement for Salah/Son, just not sure he's a guaranteed starter while Salah is away.
    My defense gave me a grand total of 'Nil points' this GW, not captaining Salah was a mistake. Team is a mess so Wildcard time.
    edited January 2 Posts: 735
    Average number of goals per game is way up statistically, the highest number since the mid 1960s, I think. Not sure if there are stats to back it up historically but my hunch is that things are more likely to tighten up defensively in the second half of the season.
    11 FPL points for West Ham's Areola today, his third clean sheet in a row after not having kept one all season ....