The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 37 deadline: Sat 11 May 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    City struggling again ... really bereft of their former dominance.
    Feyador wrote: »

Yet they got a much needed result against Everton…
    edited December 2023 Posts: 735

Yet they got a much needed result against Everton…

Yes, haha, I spoke too soon ... much better in the second half, especially a sustained twenty-minute period of dominance led by Foden early on.
    Which of the following would you transfer out to make way for Haaland:

Watkins, Alvarez or Solanke?

I'm thinking Watkins, if only for the price and his (and his team's) recent disappointing form ....
    Which of the following would you transfer out to make way for Haaland:

Watkins, Alvarez or Solanke?

I'm thinking Watkins, if only for the price and his (and his team's) recent disappointing form ....

That's a really tough one! I'm in the same situation but have Núñez instead of Álvarez, which is a no-brainer transfer to make. On current form it probably has to be Watkins, maybe. Question is how soon we will need to bring back Haaland?
    Arsenal losing to West Ham. Expected the drop in form to come at some point, and isn't it typical that it happens just as Liverpool and City get back to theirs. Think this was the game Arsenal really needed to win to be able to be in with a chance…
    West Ham !!

Heroic defending vs. Poor finishing ... plus a lot of luck.

Didn't see that coming, especially with two WH backup CBs and Paquetta, their best player (arguable) inefective, injured and subbed early on.

BTW, what WH bought with the Rice money:

Kudus/Alvarez/Ward Prowse

I'm looking at Foden as my upcoming GW transfer. Feel I dodged one today without Saka/Odegaard in my team. May yet bring one or both into it when Salah/Son depart. Who knows when Haaland will be back ... Bowen, maybe, depending on the injury to Paquetta.

Spurs were horrendous today (backup CBs and no Bissouma) against Brighton, who looked like they might keep a clean sheet for the first time, but gave up two late goals. Estupinan back in the second half with a great goal, but unlike the beginning of the FPL season I doubt many will be rushing to bring him in.
    Looking at my own team, I really struggle what to do for this gameweek. I don't see many points between my players. My plan was to bring back Haaland around now, but I do wonder if Núñez to Álvarez might be worth it?
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Erling only 25% chance of playing now.
    Looking at my own team, I really struggle what to do for this gameweek. I don't see many points between my players. My plan was to bring back Haaland around now, but I do wonder if Núñez to Álvarez might be worth it?

KDB will be back soon too. I think Alvarez also loses out when that happens so given there are just two GWs in January, the second at the very end of the month, it may be a very short term punt.

Alvarez is on pens in Haaland's absence but I thought Foden looked much the more dangerous player last game. And so I might bring in Foden and captain him. Except that's short term too, as KDB probably takes his central attacking position back ...

Also tempted by a minus 4 for Bowen against Brighton. No Dunk in GW20. So surely he scores? And given the form of Bournemouth I think Son might be expendable one week early.

But then again it's a short turnaround so we could see heavy rotation among all teams so I may decide to go cautiously.

May even do nothing and pocket the transfer. I have a strong bench. Also Alvarez btw. Probably not a blowout against Sheffield United. Famous last words .... but they haven't been blowing teams away this year.

KDB will be back soon too. I think Alvarez also loses out when that happens so given there are just two GWs in January, the second at the very end of the month, it may be a very short term punt.

Alvarez is on pens in Haaland's absence but I thought Foden looked much the more dangerous player last game. And so I might bring in Foden and captain him. Except that's short term too, as KDB probably takes his central attacking position back ...

Also tempted by a minus 4 for Bowen against Brighton. No Dunk in GW20. So surely he scores? And given the form of Bournemouth I think Son might be expendable one week early.

But then again it's a short turnaround so we could see heavy rotation among all teams so I may decide to go cautiously.

May even do nothing and pocket the transfer. I have a strong bench. Also Alvarez btw. Probably not a blowout against Sheffield United. Famous last words .... but they haven't been blowing teams away this year.

I've been looking at Foden too, but he needs to replace on of Saka or Son. On current form that would have to be Saka, but with Son soon departing for the Asian Cup, there's no point dropping Saka – unless a double transfer involving Bowen for example…

In short, I don't feel there's any transfer I could make I could feel confident in making – yet I am likely forced to make on the way my team and bench is looking.
    Saka and Odegaard still look like good options to me and might easily have had multiple returns yesterday. But I haven't owned them so don't feel the disappointment of others ....

When I don't know what to do I usually do nothing. Maybe not a great strategy. Except I have benching dilemmas so will be forced to do something this GW ... I have so far been lucky regarding that but as you know such things can easily go either way.
    Foden likely to rise tonight ....
    Saka and Odegaard still look like good options to me and might easily have had multiple returns yesterday. But I haven't owned them so don't feel the disappointment of others ....

When I don't know what to do I usually do nothing. Maybe not a great strategy. Except I have benching dilemmas so will be forced to do something this GW ... I have so far been lucky regarding that but as you know such things can easily go either way.

Saka has failed to deliver enough points for his price tag, looking at his season so far. The reason he's still been a decent option is that he's been able to produce runs of goal involvements. Had Arsenal had a more clinical striker, I'm sure we would see very different numbers and points. Ødegaard has never really been a goalscorer type, so I've never seen him as an FPL option really. I hope he can prove me wrong throughout the season! [-O<
    Completely forgot to check the teams post gameweek 19. Will post a gameweek 19 winner update when I can!
    Here's a late gameweek 19 update, as we wait for the first kick-off in gameweek 20! Gameweek 19 was a rather low-scoring affair, with an average of just 38 points. This was reflected in the scores in our league too. Still, some teams managed to get decent scores even so – best of which was Brand New Cadillacs, scoring 51 points. Congratulations! =D>

E5CJAwz.jpg
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: FC Anfield
    GW 7: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 8: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 9: CSAC
    GW 10: Cremonese-killen
    GW 11: The best
    GW 12: TeamXtreme
    GW 13: TeamXtreme
    GW 14: Goldy’s Allstars
    GW 15: Flip & Flop
    GW 16: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 17: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 18: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 19: Brand New Cadillacs
    Got Trent in Trippier out this gw
    Son captain
    Chelsea's Palmer on a goal and an assist still in the first half ... looking like the real deal. Bargain of the FPL season so far ...
    Oh, wow, Cole Palmer ... second goal!

I guess we all should have captained him ... lol!

But seriously, what was Pep doing letting him go ... I guess Palmer didn't want to wait around.
    Luton really making a game of this ....

3 - 2

And could easily be ahead ... exciting game.

Btw, no Haaland in the ManCity squad ... kinda hoping now that he doesn't come back until the end of January.

But seriously, what was Pep doing letting him go ... I guess Palmer didn't want to wait around.

Imagine being in the position to have Haaland, Álvarez and Palmer to choose from. What a luxury! Looking at Arsenal's struggles, they could have benefited from a player like Palmer.
    Palmer 3 - Luton 2

Can't see Luton going down after a 2nd half performance like that ... Chelsea seriously lucky to hang on for the win.

Imagine being in the position to have Haaland, Álvarez and Palmer to choose from. What a luxury! Looking at Arsenal's struggles, they could have benefited from a player like Palmer.

Arsenal aren't struggling, 2nd in the league and doing well in the CL.
    De Bruyne back on the bench for City ...

If he's anything like the "old" De Bruyne I'd say they're still favourites for the league ...
    My instinct was to captain Foden, but I buckled instead and went with Alvarez.

Let's see how it goes ...
    Alvarez just wide ...
    Rodri goal, assist Foden ...
    Foden puts Silva through but he misses wide ...
    Pass .... Pass ... Pass ... Pass ... Pass ... Pass

But just the one goal do far.
    Pep yellow carded for a perceived foul on Silva.