The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Tsimikas off injured I benched him he is my first sub.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Klopp should have seen red for wiping out Tsimikas :-O
    Intriguing second half coming up......
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    I-) god this game is dull.

Yes, very much ... tried to watch on delay but had to skip through it.
    Another 2 assists for Paquetta today, plus 3 from last GW. He almost went to ManCity before the deadline but something to do with possible gambling charges stopped it, I think.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    This game could go either way, TAA hits the bar.
    Liverpool totally overloaded then should have scored.
    Liverpool looked like the red arrows, must have been 6 players to 1 lol
    In isolation I think Arsenal should be happy to have got away with a point. Liverpool dominated and should have scored that second goal. This game also shows why Arsenal won't be true title contenders this season, IMO. A City team with a fit Haaland would have won this game comfortably.
    Just a horrible referring mistake against Nottingham Forest ... Willy Boly sent off for a second yellow when replays showed it wasn't even a foul.
    Good point for Arsenal,they are my tip to win the league this year, Anfield is a very tough place to go for any team.
    Feyador wrote: »
    Just a horrible referring mistake against Nottingham Forest ... Willy Boly sent off for a second yellow when replays showed it wasn't even a foul.

Just saw this on Twitter. Unbelievable!
    Good point for Arsenal,they are my tip to win the league this year, Anfield is a very tough place to go for any team.

It's definitely an improvement for Arsenal taking a point rather than missing out on all three like they usually do. Still, a very shaky performance by the Gunners.
    All that talk of Newcastle's Gordon being tired, injured, needing a rest etc. ... and he ends up playing 90 mins. again!
    All that talk of Newcastle's Gordon being tired, injured, needing a rest etc. ... and he ends up playing 90 mins. again!

Funny that!
    In isolation I think Arsenal should be happy to have got away with a point. Liverpool dominated and should have scored that second goal. This game also shows why Arsenal won't be true title contenders this season, IMO. A City team with a fit Haaland would have won this game comfortably.

Good game, very intense and could have gone either way.
    buyP1LZ.gif
    Merry Christmas FPL Managers.
    I have made one transfer, I've not even checked if Haaland is fit decided not to bring him in until fit or my wildcard.
  • edited December 2023 Posts: 17,341
    Here's a look at gameweek 18 before the gameweek 19 deadline! Gameweek 18 was a low scoring gameweek with an average score of just 36 points. Few clean sheets and few points among popular players made this gameweek a disappointment for many. Still, there were managers who finished the gameweek with good scores, like Liverpool Richmond, our gameweek winner, scoring 62 points. Congratulations! =D>

p3xR5VO.jpg
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: FC Anfield
    GW 7: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 8: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 9: CSAC
    GW 10: Cremonese-killen
    GW 11: The best
    GW 12: TeamXtreme
    GW 13: TeamXtreme
    GW 14: Goldy’s Allstars
    GW 15: Flip & Flop
    GW 16: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 17: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 18: Liverpool Richmond
    ________

Remember the gameweek 19 deadline tomorrow, at 11:00 UK time!
    buyP1LZ.gif
    Merry Christmas FPL Managers.

Merry Christmas! :)
    I have made one transfer, I've not even checked if Haaland is fit decided not to bring him in until fit or my wildcard.

Not made a transfer myself yet, but due to injuries I likely have to bring in another defender.
    Tsimikas is an issue for me so had to do something with fear of rotation, my keepers don't have great fixtures either, I really should have stuck with Onana just for his points haul I sold him way too early.

William Saliba should be working in the VAR lounge when he retires..... :))
    Tsimikas is an issue for me so had to do something with fear of rotation, my keepers don't have great fixtures either, I really should have stuck with Onana just for his points haul I sold him way too early.

Looks like Tsimikas has to go for me as well. Can't take the chance Lascelles will play.

Arsenal were really lucky there. They have not always had luck with decisions so far this season, so it was about time things went their way in that regard.

Looks like Tsimikas has to go for me as well. Can't take the chance Lascelles will play.

Arsenal were really lucky there. They have not always had luck with decisions so far this season, so it was about time things went their way in that regard.

VAR mistakes still seem to happen every week.
    Erling still 50% chance of playing, any updates ?
    VAR .... a solution:

Just use it for "clear and obvious errors," what we were promised originally. No offside line measurements. Only mistakes that are obvious to the naked eye upon video review. Like the ridiculous yellow handed out to Boly last GW.

BTW, those onscreen line measurements aren't even scientific. Every tenth of a second counts, as someone in the VAR booth is making a subjective decision at which precise moment to freeze the play.
    Here are the gameweek 19 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 11
    Son: 2
    Haaland: 2
    Isak: 1
    Solanke: 1

Uncertainty regarding Haaland's fitness and a good fixture for Liverpool, makes the majority of our league look to Salah for captaincy points. Two managers will be hoping for Haaland to feature, while Isak and Solanke are backed by one manager each. Goof luck everyone!

VAR mistakes still seem to happen every week.
    Erling still 50% chance of playing, any updates ?

No updates I've seen at least. Expect he might get minutes, but the full match might be early?

VAR mistakes and inconsistency has been the main talking points so far this season. The fact that we (and obviously pundits) talk about this every week just shows how much work that needs to be done to improve the officiating…
    VAR .... a solution:

Just use it for "clear and obvious errors," what we were promised originally. No offside line measurements. Only mistakes that are obvious to the naked eye upon video review. Like the ridiculous yellow handed out to Boly last GW.

BTW, those onscreen line measurements aren't even scientific. Every tenth of a second counts, as someone in the VAR booth is making a subjective decision at which precise moment to freeze the play.

If only applying VAR to the clear and obvious errors, we will also see much shorter delays when VAR is used in games. I might be in a minority, but I have nothing against VAR really. It's just the way it's been implemented – and the fact that they still manage to make big errors – which makes it frustrating.
    Fell back to sleep still recovering from yesterday, i am missing all the games lol not even sure who has played yet, best check my team.
    edited December 2023 Posts: 23,531
    I brought in Dan Burn, that went well he did not last 60 minutes so getting 0 points :))
    edited December 2023 Posts: 23,531
    Leno got 0 points also, i am having such a great GW.

Solanke scored but it is not much consolation.
    Early still, but with Newcastle assets not getting their clean sheet, I expect the gameweek average score won't be that great.
    Mctominay dropped so that's another player unlikely to get points for me, TH finally realities Mctomnay should not be starting. I think this could end up being TH final game as manager if we lose badly at home.