The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

Comments

Feyador wrote: »
    Another problem with Brighton viz. FPL is that they literally never keep clean sheets. Also looking good for a run in the Europa. Mitoma does get consistent PL starts but is just not putting up the numbers to make for me a worthwhile pick in FPL ...

I wouldn't touch the Brighton defence, that's for sure! The run in Europa is also a factor, like you mention.
    Danny Welbeck header from Pascal Gross, 1 - 1.

Mitoma looks injured ...

Brighton may not keep clean sheets but rarely are they shut out either ... Arsenal notwithstanding.

Groß has also picked up points recently. At 6.4 there are better options though.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Missed the fpl early kick off so i've got 2 transfers next gw.
    Mitoma and Son are some that could be involved in the asian cup next month ?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I am just counting down the GW's then hitting my wildcard to sort my mess of a team out lol
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited December 2023 Posts: 735
  • edited December 2023 Posts: 17,369
    Missed the fpl early kick off so i've got 2 transfers next gw.
    Mitoma and Son are some that could be involved in the asian cup next month ?

Having two free transfers next gameweek might come in handy!
    I am just counting down the GW's then hitting my wildcard to sort my mess of a team out lol

Haha, me too. I really struggle sorting out my team these days. Not many transfers work out either.

Can't disagree with the names listed here. Looks like they've covered most of the important players - in European football at least.
    Poor start to the GW for me in FPL.

Sometimes it's better to make no moves at all ...
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2023 Posts: 23,654
    I had a captain fail though Douglas Luiz bailed me out with 8 points, really need Salah to blank now.
    edited December 2023 Posts: 735
    Oh, so now he comes through !

I used to have him ...
    I had a captain fail though Douglas Luiz bailed me out with 8 points, really need Salah to blank now.

Our injury woes continue Evans is our only fit CB, a youth team player starts at the back. next to Evans Kambwala who is in defense is not even on FPL, we have had 10 different CB combinations this season that tells its own story.

I am not happy that Mctominay starts and Amrabat is benched now Bruno returns, TH continuing with only one defensive midfielder as his plan A will lose him his job.
    First 20 minutes been poor, no real quality from either side.
    I-) god this game is dull.
    0 - 0 this is easily one of the worse Man United teams I have seen and i have supported United for over 40 years. No plan, no cohesion, no creativity, its $#!%
    West Ham score, looked a bit slack at the back there should not have got through.

I am not TH out but I am getting a bit fed up with these tactics.
    2 - 0 oh dear.
    Feel for Mainoo he has been United's best player, had a bit of a nightmare in possession.
    We have Villa at home next, i think TH maybe gone by the new year.
    United were the better side in the second half until the goal then United pretty much stopped playing, very poor.
    Missed the first game today as I was doing errands for Christmas. A big win for West Ham, and equally important points dropped by United. If the results go their way, United won't be far behind despite this result, but it's certainly yet another bad result for ten Hag.
    I think its the end for TH, I am not happy with his tactics though some players are clearly not putting in maximum effort.
    Areola back in.
    Solanke brace, so far.
    I made the mistake of starting Leno and benching Areola.
    "Erling" Solanke hattrick⚡
    Liverpool v Arsenal..........
    Solanke has proven to be a good understudy for Haaland since I brought him in.
    Nunez dropped by Liverpool
    I think its the end for TH, I am not happy with his tactics though some players are clearly not putting in maximum effort.

It's certainly not all on TH, you definitely have to question some of the players and what they are doing on the pitch.

________

Should have saved the goalkeeper transfer and played Areola instead…
    Come on Arsenal, get in lol as I wrote that.
    No way is that offside why is it taking so long.
    Arsenal the better team early on, Liverpool not really at it.
    Arsenal are making a real statement if they can keep this up, excellent football.
    Great goal by Salah, one of best players in the league. He more often than not creates his own goals, not many do.