The Hobbit (2012 - 2014)

Comments

Let's hope he hires Hayley Westenra for one of the movie songs. It's way overdue.

And I can't wait to see the first movie of the trilogy. It's one of the movies I'm most impatient to see (along with Les Misérables. Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway and Amada Seyfried ? This is going to be good !)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Why release film three, Summer 2014 and not in December, like the first two?
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Why release film three, Summer 2014 and not in December, like the first two?

So it dosn't compete with two bond films.
    Bond isn't released in December. Plus The Hobbit will earn more than Bond anyway. That isn't an answer.
    Perhaps Film 2 will have a mega cliffhanger and Jackson doesn´t want to torture us ;-) .
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    That's the only reason I can think of. Though why mess with something that will have worked - by that time - five times before?

I take it the final film will be called There And Back Again and a new title will be announced for film two?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Possible titles for the final film:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/hobbit-film-confirmed-domain-registrations-reveal-potential-titles/

Apparently, Jackson saw an early, full cut of the first film, and a large chunk of the second, and he realized things would be left unfinished and unsaid if he didn't do a third film.
    I'm not sure which title I perfer. Maybe Riddles in the Dark though the other one has more weight to it.
    I think I prefer 'Riddles in the Dark,' but I do agree about the other title.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Y'know, I could accept it being two films, but now three? What's next, is Jackson gonna do The Silmarillion as four films?
    I'm excited about this...
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 774
    When Guillermo del Toro was signed on for the Hobbit, it was one Hobbit film and one 'bridging' film. So, if this is the 'bridging' film, I'll be happy. But if Jackson tries to spread the content of two films really thinly into three, I'll probably be a little annoyed. But, the man is a genius, LOTR are essentially perfect films, I'll be lining up for a midnight release for all of them. Just hope he's doing the world of Middle Earth proper justice.

EDIT: According to TheOneRing.net, this won't be a 'bridging' film, it will be a continuation of The Hobbit.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    So, will we get three more Extended Editions after the theatrical DVD releases?

That's Jackson's plan, yes.
    Samuel001 wrote:

From where do you gather that conclusion? At the moment, he has material for more than two but less than three films. Hence the plan to make three films. If he makes three films instead of two it suggests rather that it will be quite possible indeed to include everything in those films.

edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    boldfinger wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

From where do you gather that conclusion? At the moment, he has material for more than two but less than three films. Hence the plan to make three films. If he makes three films instead of two it suggests rather that it will be quite possible indeed to include everything in those films.

He stated at Comic-Con that even if he went ahead with three films, there would still be extended editions of them released. I don't think it'll be a lot of extra material (maybe not even 30 minutes) but there will be a second, longer, version for each of the films.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 5,767
    I just hope then that he´ll make the cinematic versions as slick as TLOTR. As well-done as the extended versions are, they don´t have the smooth pace of the cinematic versions.

As you can see, I haven´t read the books ;-) .
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Bond isn't released in December. Plus The Hobbit will earn more than Bond anyway. That isn't an answer.

The only rebuttle I can think of is; Jackson is a Bond fan and almost got the directors chair for TND.
    boldfinger wrote:
    I just hope then that he´ll make the cinematic versions as slick as TLOTR. As well-done as the extended versions are, they don´t have the smooth pace of the cinematic versions.

As you can see, I haven´t read the books ;-) .

I haven't read all of each of the books (all of The Hobbit, the majority of The Fellowship of the Ring, half apiece of The Two Towers and The Return of the King), but I enjoy the pace of the Extended Editions. There's a lot of things that fit better when you watch all three Extended Editions.
    Not only are 3D glasses already incredibly uncomfortable, but these appear to be even worse. I just hate 3D so much.
    It seems the second and third films, both are now without titles.

Riddles in the Dark, The Battle of Five Armies and The Desolation of Smaug will make up the titles for the next two films, with two being chosen.

There And Back Again appears to have been scrapped.
    Why not "There" and "And Back Again"? :>
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Ignore.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Ignore.

Why should we ignore you?
    I posted something which I thought was new (a trailer) and it wasn't, so I deleted it.

You can still ignore me, if you want to. ;)
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I posted something which I thought was new (a trailer) and it wasn't, so I deleted it.

You can still ignore me, if you want to. ;)

I thought about replying to your post, but I decided to ignore you instead. ;)
    edited August 2012 Posts: 40,368
    An alternate trailer is now online, containing only a few changes. List of changes and the trailer in the link:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=93288