The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

Octopussy swims in the nude.
    Louis Jourdan has the greatest facial expressions.
    Great gunfight scene at the train. Bond likes to shoot people in the head.
    The little bit with the monkeys I thought was funny when I was a kid.
    Christopher Reeve visited the set during the bomb sequence. Superman was Bond's back up plan here. He also helped 007 put on that clown make up in mere seconds. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :D
    There's a lot of groin kicking in this one.
    I like Bond's outfit during the finale scene. I should find a jacket like that.
    Another excellent viewing. This one always hits the spot. I'll be watching NSNA later this summer for it's 40th as well.

Probably later in the week...............
    Ha, you beat me to it, mate! Was gonna watch OP on Monday (Bank Holiday here in Ireland!) to celebrate its anniversary, and do it as "Comments as you watch". Like your story about seeing it first. That Summer of '83 was indeed hot. And like you, went to see it second week of release, a glorious Summer Sunday afternoon! Went with my sister, packed house (despite the weather!) a long boring support programme ( who remembers them?, this one was about race driver Jackie Stewart!), back then it felt like you were the entire day at the cinema, with ads, trailers and short (!!) films, before the main event ( and I think it had an interlude!?) Loved it, and its still my favourite Rog Bond movie!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Ha, you beat me to it, mate! Was gonna watch OP on Monday (Bank Holiday here in Ireland!) to celebrate its anniversary, and do it as "Comments as you watch". Like your story about seeing it first. That Summer of '83 was indeed hot. And like you, went to see it second week of release, a glorious Summer Sunday afternoon! Went with my sister, packed house (despite the weather!) a long boring support programme ( who remembers them?, this one was about race driver Jackie Stewart!), back then it felt like you were the entire day at the cinema, with ads, trailers and short (!!) films, before the main event ( and I think it had an interlude!?) Loved it, and its still my favourite Rog Bond movie!

Great memories mate! I come out in a cold sweat when I remember the Pearl & Dean adverts 😁
    OP was the first Bond I'd seen on the big screen since LALD. I went with my mum and brother on a bank holiday. Absolutely loved every minute! A few days later I got the soundtrack LP. Then it was time to catch up with all the Bond films I hadn't seen...
    OCTOPUSSY (1983)
    Well, a scorching hot day, as it was the day I first went to see OP at Cinema in June of '83.....Lets go
    One of my favourite pts.Must say, Rog suits a flat cap!!
    Rog reprimanding the sloppy soldier was improvised by Rog
    Karate chop!
    Apparently Tina Hudson had to be given a crash course on how to drive!!
    The Acrostar is one of the coolest Bond vehicles!
    Boom! Cracking start to the 13th film!
    Seriously underrated theme song from Rita Coolidge
    Titles are pretty neat too!
    This also has one of fhe best opening sequences too! Nicely shot by Alan Hume
    Robert Brown slips nicely into M role! A good choice!
    Peter Lamonts amazing War room set!
    Steven Berkoff is a hoot!
    The Auction. Another great sequence!
    Smithers is on the job!
    And so to India!
    James Brolin did this scene with Vijay in his screen test
    Rog hoped he wouldn't have to wear a tux, in the heat of India, but John Glen insisted
    The backgammon game is great! Its all in the wrist!
    Louis Jourdan isn't top drawer villain, but he has a lovely speaking voice!
    I bet the book police would love to remove the "keep you in curry" line from this!
    Remy Julienne and his team working their vehicular magic again!