Who's using A.I. to write?

I believe several contributors to this site are writers. With so much talk about A.I. and writing, I wonder who is using A.I. What program(s) you use. And how useful is A.I.?

I've flirted with it a bit, but have yet to be impressed. Are there programs really capable of writing scripts and novels? Or is the human element still vey much of factor?

Comments

Many people and organizations are using AI to write. Here are a few examples:

Journalists: Some news organizations are using AI to write short news articles, such as sports recaps or stock market updates. The Associated Press, for example, has been using an AI tool called Wordsmith to generate news stories since 2014.

Content creators: AI-powered writing tools, such as Articoolo or Copy.ai, can help writers create articles, product descriptions, and social media posts more quickly and efficiently.

Novelists: There are a few AI programs, such as the AI writing assistant called "Sudowrite," that can help authors with writer's block and generate ideas for characters or plotlines.

Chatbots: Companies are using AI-powered chatbots to communicate with customers and generate responses to frequently asked questions.

Overall, AI-assisted writing is becoming increasingly common across many industries and applications.

---

AI can be very useful for writing, depending on the specific task and the goals of the writer. Here are some potential benefits of using AI for writing:

Efficiency: AI-powered writing tools can help writers save time by generating ideas, creating outlines, and even generating entire articles or reports.

Quality: AI can help improve the quality of writing by offering suggestions for grammar, syntax, and word choice, as well as identifying inconsistencies or errors.

Creativity: Some AI programs can help writers generate new ideas and creative solutions to writing challenges.

Consistency: AI-powered writing tools can ensure that writing is consistent in tone, style, and formatting, which can be especially important for corporate communications or branding.

Accessibility: AI can help make writing more accessible to people with disabilities, such as those with visual impairments or dyslexia, by providing text-to-speech and speech-to-text functionality.

However, it's important to note that AI is not a replacement for human writers, and there are still limitations to what AI can do. For example, AI may struggle with tasks that require a deep understanding of human emotions, nuance, or context. Additionally, AI-generated content may lack the unique voice and perspective that comes from human experience and creativity.

---

Yes, there are AI programs that are capable of writing scripts and novels. These programs use natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning algorithms to analyze patterns and generate text that can mimic the style and tone of human writing.

For example, OpenAI's GPT-3 (Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3) language model can generate human-like text, including scripts and stories. Some researchers have used GPT-3 to generate short stories and even a novel. Other AI programs, such as Hugging Face's DALL-E and OpenAI's CLIP, can generate images based on text prompts, which could be used to create illustrations for stories.

However, it's important to note that AI-generated writing may lack the creativity, emotional depth, and originality of human writing. While AI programs can generate text that follows certain patterns and rules, they may struggle to create something truly unique or unexpected. Additionally, AI-generated writing may not capture the subtle nuances of human emotion and experience that make stories and scripts compelling. Therefore, AI-generated writing should be viewed as a tool to aid human writers, rather than a replacement for them.
    I do not. Even for curiosity / as an experiment, I’m hesitant to touch it. I like all my fiction writing that I read and that I write to be 100% organic, from a person with feelings who put emotion into the words.
    I asked an AI program to create titles for the next JB film. Among the many lame choices: License to Chill.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    This is a better Bond title generator. ;)

http://www.joshcluderay.com/james-bond-title-generator/
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    01001001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01110101 01110011 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01101001 01100110 01101001 01100011 01101001 01100001 01101100 00100000 01101001 01101110 01110100 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101001 01100111 01100101 01101110 01100011 01100101 00101110
    Murdock wrote: »
    This is a better Bond title generator. ;)

http://www.joshcluderay.com/james-bond-title-generator/

Very funny.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited April 2023 Posts: 17,728
    I suppose I could probably do with AI to get my blog kick started again but I'm working on getting some new stuff written all by myself. Like most things artificial and robotic I do find the AI of today rather scary in what it is capable of doing unattended.

When I was a child at primary school (over 30 years ago now) I remember I read a book where it showed tractors and farm machinery of the future being able to work themselves robotically rather than being operated by humans. Instead of being reassured by this potential future I found it strangely terrifying then and I still do now. I'm on the side of those (including Elon Musk) who say that we need to pause or slow down AI before it leaves us in its wake.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited April 2023 Posts: 4,548
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Many people and organizations are using AI to write. Here are a few examples:

Journalists: Some news organizations are using AI to write short news articles, such as sports recaps or stock market updates. The Associated Press, for example, has been using an AI tool called Wordsmith to generate news stories since 2014.

Content creators: AI-powered writing tools, such as Articoolo or Copy.ai, can help writers create articles, product descriptions, and social media posts more quickly and efficiently.

Novelists: There are a few AI programs, such as the AI writing assistant called "Sudowrite," that can help authors with writer's block and generate ideas for characters or plotlines.

Chatbots: Companies are using AI-powered chatbots to communicate with customers and generate responses to frequently asked questions.

Overall, AI-assisted writing is becoming increasingly common across many industries and applications.

---

AI can be very useful for writing, depending on the specific task and the goals of the writer. Here are some potential benefits of using AI for writing:

Efficiency: AI-powered writing tools can help writers save time by generating ideas, creating outlines, and even generating entire articles or reports.

Quality: AI can help improve the quality of writing by offering suggestions for grammar, syntax, and word choice, as well as identifying inconsistencies or errors.

Creativity: Some AI programs can help writers generate new ideas and creative solutions to writing challenges.

Consistency: AI-powered writing tools can ensure that writing is consistent in tone, style, and formatting, which can be especially important for corporate communications or branding.

Accessibility: AI can help make writing more accessible to people with disabilities, such as those with visual impairments or dyslexia, by providing text-to-speech and speech-to-text functionality.

However, it's important to note that AI is not a replacement for human writers, and there are still limitations to what AI can do. For example, AI may struggle with tasks that require a deep understanding of human emotions, nuance, or context. Additionally, AI-generated content may lack the unique voice and perspective that comes from human experience and creativity.

---

Yes, there are AI programs that are capable of writing scripts and novels. These programs use natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning algorithms to analyze patterns and generate text that can mimic the style and tone of human writing.

For example, OpenAI's GPT-3 (Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3) language model can generate human-like text, including scripts and stories. Some researchers have used GPT-3 to generate short stories and even a novel. Other AI programs, such as Hugging Face's DALL-E and OpenAI's CLIP, can generate images based on text prompts, which could be used to create illustrations for stories.

However, it's important to note that AI-generated writing may lack the creativity, emotional depth, and originality of human writing. While AI programs can generate text that follows certain patterns and rules, they may struggle to create something truly unique or unexpected. Additionally, AI-generated writing may not capture the subtle nuances of human emotion and experience that make stories and scripts compelling. Therefore, AI-generated writing should be viewed as a tool to aid human writers, rather than a replacement for them.

Not to be alarmist, but we all should be terrified of what's around the corner.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I suppose I could probably do with AI to get my blog kick started again but I'm working on getting some new stuff written all by myself. Like most things artificial and robotic I do find the AI of today rather scary in what it is capable of doing unattended.

When I was a child at primary school I remember I read a book where it showed tractors and farm machinery of the future being able to work themselves robotically rather than being operated by humans. Instead of being reassured by this potential future I found it strangely terrifying then and I still do now. I'm on the side of those (including Elon Musk) who say that we need to pause or slow down AI before it leaves us in its wake.

That future is on our doorstep. I hate to say.
    Should written work come with a notice that it is AI written or assisted?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    01001001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01110101 01110011 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01101001 01100110 01101001 01100011 01101001 01100001 01101100 00100000 01101001 01101110 01110100 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101001 01100111 01100101 01101110 01100011 01100101 00101110

I agree.
    CrabKey wrote: »

In the interests of honesty and integrity it definitely should but sadly those old-fashioned ideals are sorely lacking in modern society.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited April 2023 Posts: 8,657

In the interests of honesty and integrity it definitely should but sadly those old-fashioned ideals are sorely lacking in modern society.

Depends. Some sources may actually improve by using AI. The likes of Fox News would probably end up closer to the truth. They will most likely claim to use AI, while in fact continuing to fabricate the usual lies but making the public believe it was written by AI to improve on their credibility.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

Depends. Some sources may actually improve by using AI. The likes of Fox News would probably end up closer to the truth. They will most likely calaim to use AI, while in fact continuing to fabricate the usual lies but making the public believe it was written by AI to improve on their credibility.

Lmao
    edited April 2023 Posts: 17,728
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

Depends. Some sources may actually improve by using AI. The likes of Fox News would probably end up closer to the truth. They will most likely claim to use AI, while in fact continuing to fabricate the usual lies but making the public believe it was written by AI to improve on their credibility.

I'd have hoped the expense of the Dominion voting machine fraud defamation case would've made them see the errors of their ways in peddling lies to keep their audience share. However, I know that'll never happen and they'll continue to plough the same furrow. As the Bible puts it, "As a dog returns to its vomit so a fool repeats his folly."