Can the Craig Bond survive the bomb?

Is their any way Bond could've survived?

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    hologram
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Q provided him with a secret potion that turned him into Chuck Norris, so yeah...if you really want to go there. I hope not.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I wouldn't have thought so myself. Bond's not a superman.
    Purvis and Wade's can figure out a way for him to have survived.

:D
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Purvis and Wade's can figure out a way for him to have survived.

:D

After the highlights of tidal wave surfing and Brofeld I really wouldn't put it past them.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2023 Posts: 23,105

At the end of that scene there is a white out not a black out. A white out in cinema has in the past signified that the events leading up to the white out were not real or a dream/nightmare.
    The cement beneath his feet opened up and he fell into a shaft that allowed him to survive. He wakes up in hospital with a bandaged face and no memory of his wife and child. A surgeon is on hand to rebuild his shattered face. The surgeon shows Bond a portfolio of possible faces. Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan, Craig and whoever the new guy is. "I like the last one." Cue Bond theme.
    CrabKey wrote: »
    The cement beneath his feet opened up and he fell into a shaft that allowed him to survive. He wakes up in hospital with a bandaged face and no memory of his wife and child. A surgeon is on hand to rebuild his shattered face. The surgeon shows Bond a portfolio of possible faces. Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton, Brosnan, Craig and whoever the new guy is. "I like the last one." Cue Bond theme.

That's great. It could alternatively also be the start of a great Sir Hugo Drax miniseries. ;)
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    A white out in cinema has in the past signified that the events leading up to the white out were not real or a dream/nightmare.
    Yeah, the whiteout in NTTD seques into the white-in where Bond regains consciousness in Brofeld's torture chair in SP. It was all in his head while he was unconscious. Fukunaga pitched that very idea to EON. They turned him down, but Cary did it anyway. He just didn't tell them. ;)
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Issue solved.
    49f58a34d131b97bd3c6ef8771fa7dbdb718681a_00.gif

:)) :)) :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2023 Posts: 23,105
    Venutius wrote: »
    A white out in cinema has in the past signified that the events leading up to the white out were not real or a dream/nightmare.
    Yeah, the whiteout in NTTD seques into the white-in where Bond regains consciousness in Brofeld's torture chair in SP. It was all in his head while he was unconscious. Fukunaga pitched that very idea to EON. They turned him down, but Cary did it anyway. He just didn't tell them. ;)

It's funny you mention the torture scene from SP, that did cross my mind when I wrote that.

---
    tumblr_mmkffwTrjs1qedb29o1_500.gif
    Bond employs evasive maneuvers.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    edited March 2023 Posts: 539
    Regenerated into ATJ.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Maybe the DB5 is actually a time machine then.
    Why else would it be bought back in the Brosnan era. Right about the time rumours that Pierces Bond may or may not be the same Bond as Connery.
    Coincidence? I think not.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Killing him isn’t a creative choice I would have made, but watching the film in full it makes so much sense within the context that he has to die for the story. If he simply got the same ending he got in SP, the whole film would feel like a pointless exercise. It would be even worse if they tried just having him rejoin the service.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952319542aa57c4d4f3ff348c770404b1e479b7e244&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

James Bond is a Timelord, CONFIRMED. A little bit of fire damage is nothing.
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    that was of course another earth in the Bond multi-verse...

i expect to see the next three Bond films to be set in the late 50s', 70's and one in the 80's. Bond will played by three different actors in each film...50's Bond will be played by Aidan Turner, 70's Bond will be played by Chris Hemsworth, 80's Bond will be played by our Henry.

The 2025 Bond will be a remake of Thunderball...actor tbc
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    hm8mah71dhx81.gif
    CrispPleasedBrontosaurus-max-1mb.gif
    tumblr_pb983nJdOj1rzoi3uo4_500.gif
    indiana-jones-fridge.gif

• M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    By inhaling lots of copium.
    The box office bomb?
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    No-Time-to-Die-0585.jpg

backtothefuture-movie-screencaps.com-13332.jpg?ssl=1

file-20190415-147502-41wm0y.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q=45&auto=format&w=1200&h=1200.0&fit=crop

Tanner: Hidden camera filmed this above Buenos Aires.
    Q: Then i think car connection with Bond watch is working, but automatic fly function is not instalt yet...
    Moneypenny: Have you told Mallory about the news ? If not keep it that for now.

grand-budapest-hotel-ralph-fiennes.jpg

craig9.jpg?impolicy=website&width=0&height=0
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @M_Balje I think I understood you this time. I think.
    QBranch wrote: »
    @M_Balje I think I understood you this time. I think.

Are you sure? Greeeeeat!

image_400x400.jpg
    Why waste any creative effort? Simply start series again and get on with it.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I think so, too. Next timeline, and that is it. Don't worry about the people who still think that the Daniel Craig Bond (R.I.P.) was the same Bond as his previous incarnations. He wasn't, and neither were the previous Bonds as compared to the SC Bond. He can start anew any time.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

Well it wouldn't be the first time.

https://jamesbondfood.com/2022/03/03/bombe-surprise/
    bombe_surprise.jpg

bombe_surprise_daf.png
  • If Trump can somehow survive not going to jail then Bond can survive a blast!
    If Trump can somehow survive not going to jail then Bond can survive a blast!

• SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited August 2023 Posts: 3,382
    Of course, Bond can survive the Bomb!

He's a fictional character, not a real person! 😏
    He has survived the bomb. Which is why NTTD is called No Time To Die and the film ends with James Bond Will Return. Whether the next Bond will be any of the previous Bonds or an alternate timeline Bond or however else he might be portrayed and rationalized is anyone's guess.