Star Trek (1966 - present)

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2023 Posts: 23,102
    Picard Season 3 ep3 Wow this is so bloody good, that scene
    between Picard and Beverly.
    So many great idea's in this series, its probably unfair to compare this to the TNG movies as they have more time to develop story here though its arguably better than the films.

I rewatched the episode immediately after, Patrick Stewart seems to have regained some of his gravitas and even appears younger for it compared to the first 2 seasons.

Some of the stuff that happens in this episode wow, after years of mostly very poor attempts I never thought I would see my Star Trek again though here it is...

:-O ^:)^
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    On my third watch of Picard Season 3 ep3, I have 4 RGB light sources in my movie room all set to red,
    I am so into this this cat and mouse chase in the nebula, the lighting complemented the episode.
    Riker is
    full on All Good Things Riker when he assumes command.

This episode just gets better and better, the writing is brilliant. Great musical choices in this episode.

Amanda Plummer's
    tonal shift when communicating with her bridge crew I like a lot.

God I love Worf, legend.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Saw it yesterday and fully agree. I like the fact that Riker
    and Picard have fallen out seriously, after the beginning of the episode established again how strong the bond between them is.

We also get to know the bridge staff a bit better, LaForge is instantly likable and the Vulcan woman gives off a Spock vibe.

Otherwise, we are not much further advanced in the plot and all burning questions from episode 2 still linger on. I was fascinated by that
    space-anomaly weapon - the Titan shooting itself in the behind! - but it should be rather energy-drawing. I just realized that it is the same weapon that was used to destroy that Starfleet building!

I am watching episode 3 for the 4th time, LeVar Burton's daughter is great, I loved her scene with Seven.

I watched episode 1 again earlier and noticed something I think I know whats going on.

God this is so good.

The Quantum Tunneling device is awesome.
    Bad news bears...
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Bad news bears...

---

I get emotional for a multitude of reasons when I watch this scene, this is amazing...

We reach.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Bad news bears...

---

I get emotional for a multitude of reasons when I watch this scene, this is amazing...

We reach.

Why climb a rock?

I am watching episode 3 for the 4th time, LeVar Burton's daughter is great, I loved her scene with Seven.

I watched episode 1 again earlier and noticed something I think I know whats going on.

That is not (yet) Burton's daughter, but actress Ashlei Sharp Chestnut. His real daughter will join the cast later in the season.

I am curious what your prediction about the plot is. I think that Crusher's son keeps a secret that we have not discussed so far.
    zebrafish wrote: »

That is not (yet) Burton's daughter, but actress Ashlei Sharp Chestnut. His real daughter will join the cast later in the season.

I am curious what your prediction about the plot is. I think that Crusher's son keeps a secret that we have not discussed so far.

I later realised when i watched a cast interview that Burton's real daughetr was a different actress.

I think the
    tree/branches are a major hint
    we have seen them in episode 1 and 3 so far.
    The end of the conservation between Picard and Crusher in e3 gives a hint at what may be important...

Here's my theory:
    P: Why do they want Jack?
    C: I think it somehow has something to do with you.
    P: Jack, his accent...
    C: ... maybe it's in his DNA.

Some "device" can only be activated by Picard or anyone with a genome at least half his. Since Picard is only his mind (it is frequently mentioned that his body is not his), Jack is the target that half the galaxy fights for to get access to the "device".
    The end of the conservation between Picard and Crusher in e3 gives a hint at what may be important...

Here's my theory:
    P: Why do they want Jack?
    C: I think it somehow has something to do with you.
    P: Jack, his accent...
    C: ... maybe it's in his DNA.

Some "device" can only be activated by Picard or anyone with a genome at least half his. Since Picard is only his mind (it is frequently mentioned that his body is not his), Jack is the target that half the galaxy fights for to get access to the "device".
    I think Jack is in someway connected to the great link, the branches keep sticking in my mind. There way also be another DS9 connection... The Wormhole Aliens? Jacks vision...
    Picard Season 3 ep4 That was amazing and emotional, so many deep cuts.
    talos7 wrote: »

As long as Terry Matalas is show runner it would be a great idea.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    talos7 wrote: »

As long as Terry Matalas is show runner it would be a great idea.

Yes!
    Picard Season 3 ep5 This started as a huge turn around for the Picard series, now this is top tier Star Trek, phenomenal episode I am so emotionally locked into this season.
    The Ro Laren scenes really got to me, I love the Manchurian Candidate angle also.
    I want 7 season's of this stuff :))
  • peterpeter Toronto
    This season of Picard is everything ST should be. I'm on the edge of my seat, but it's been genuinely emotional and authentic when dealing with family, life and death.

I found the first season mildly enjoyable, and at least a "start"... The second season felt like a train wreck and on the nose and superficially portrayed relationships.

But Season 3..... Wow!!! Every time an episode ends, it almost hurts me, lol! I can't get enough!
    peter wrote: »
    This season of Picard is everything ST should be. I'm on the edge of my seat, but it's been genuinely emotional and authentic when dealing with family, life and death.

I found the first season mildly enjoyable, and at least a "start"... The second season felt like a train wreck and on the nose and superficially portrayed relationships.

But Season 3..... Wow!!! Every time an episode ends, it almost hurts me, lol! I can't get enough!

This theme sums up Picard season 3 for me...
    Titan Theme (Season 3 End Credits) - Star Trek: Picard

• peterpeter Toronto
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns ... Hairs on the back of my neck stood up listening to the above theme!!!
    peter wrote: »
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns ... Hairs on the back of my neck stood up listening to the above theme!!!

Great homage to James Horner.
    What amazes me is Picard Season 3 has the rewatchabilty of the best movies, this season is that good.

I have watched all the episodes several times, in the UK we only get it on HD I can't wait to purchase a 4K boxset of this series.
    edited March 2023 Posts: 4,311
    It is a fantastic season so far, but a little nagging voice inside me insists that they will screw up before the season is over. I try to ignore it, though... Happy as we go!
    It is a fantastic season so far, but a little nagging voice inside me insists that they will screw up before the season is over. I try to ignore it, though... Happy as we go!

I am aware of at least 4 people who have watched the entire season and from what I have heard they will stick the landing.
    I am glad to hear that.
    Watching episode 5 again, Frakes really has been outstanding in this season.

God I remember seeing Frakes in a Charlies Angles episode playing beach volley ball, if I recall it was the episode Cheryl Ladd lost her memory. Showing my age there :)).

Michael Dorn still has great presence.

This episode is a great sequel/conclusion to
    Preemptive Strike
    deep cuts again, this means a lot to both characters. I never thought I would ever see this.
    The intrepid regrouping
    is better than most things in the last 20 years. The art of subtly, less is more.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Just finished episode 5. All I can say is... wow. This is really good. I cried when
    Ro sacrificed herself.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I can’t believe that each episode of Picard beautifully ups the tensions and raises emotional stakes from the episode previous.

This is so bloody tight, it’s claustrophobic.
    Season 3 is a gift to long time Star Trek fan's, a special gift from a Creator who clearly loves ST as much as we do.

Watching Ep 6 again as a fan of wessels I geeked out lol

I will die happy after watching this season it means a lot.

Worf and Riker are on fire.

God this episode is awesome, the deepest part of me felt overwhelmed with emotion in one particular scene, this is top tier Star Trek.

I have rewound one particular scene about 10 times as it blew my mind, it was like going to
    Star Ship heaven.
    or actually just heaven, the score was amazing.

Oh man this is good.

The Seven scene is amazing.

My eyes keep welling up, there are so many layers to the story telling here.
    'You will just have to add it to my tab'.
    I lost the plot in hysterics at that line :))

Jerry Goldsmith's theme playing during a particular scene at the end, heavy.
    When Data said 'Geordi'
    I broke down in tears in a good sense, as a kid I loved TNG I have watched those episodes hundreds of times.

I taped TNG on 3HR VHS tapes, I had hundreds of tapes of TNG, DS9, V and E.
    The Bounty, NX-01 Refit, Captain Kirk and a Question of Mortality (Spoilers)