Project 007 - IO Interactive - The New James Bond Video Game

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Is multiplayer confirmed for this one? That'd be exciting if so.

I'm guessing if it's an entirely original vision and story, we aren't going to see locations from past films, but that'd be a nice treat too.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Is multiplayer confirmed for this one? That'd be exciting if so.

I'm guessing if it's an entirely original vision and story, we aren't going to see locations from past films, but that'd be a nice treat too.

Have Io even confirmed what kind of game it is? I would suspect its a third person shooter based on Hitman, but who knows.

I would assume if they have an M briefing scene it would be seen in the traditional Whitehall office, as that is consistent through nearly all of the Bonds (save Brosnan).
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have only see IOI refer to a 'single player experience'. There may not be a multiplayer this time.
    MP isn't really their forte, anyway. The one time they tried it with Hitman 2's assassin-vs.-assassin game mode, it was a huge mess. I'd rather they put all their time and resources into the single player and get that right.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    MP isn't really their forte, anyway. The one time they tried it with Hitman 2's assassin-vs.-assassin game mode, it was a huge mess. I'd rather they put all their time and resources into the single player and get that right.

Same. I'd rather a game with various 007 achievements you can go back and try to unlock again and again, with improved runs. I want a game with replay ability, which could come from a nice multiplayer, but their strength is in single and that's what I hope they're focused on. Multiple angles to each mission.
    I do wonder how much they'll emphasize the sandbox aspect and replayability, considering their flagship series, Hitman, is all about that.
    I think it will be a combination of more scripted, linear levels, and more open sandbox levels with multiple approaches.
    I just have a gut feeling this will be the best James Bond game ever
    edited March 2023 Posts: 2,036
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I just have a gut feeling this will be the best James Bond game ever

I hope so. IO have the talent and ability to deliver something special, and they’re making the right noise about it. If they can nail it, it can be a core series for them alongside Hitman.

I have spent the evening playing 007 Legends. Hell, after that mess, I will settle for something competent 😅
    It easily has potential to be the best. Let’s hope it lives up to it.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'm wondering if there will be any vehicular aspects of the game. IOI don't have any experience of vehicles, outside of cut scenes.
    let me know when they announce it in VR, otherwise..................yawn.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    As mentioned before their other nee project is a fantasy mmorpg so they are heavily developing online multiplayer assets. They also - again mentioned several times before - have a strong record of supporting games for a long time after the initial release. So I wouldn’t be surprised if a P007 multiplayer was released something like 9 months or a year after the single player game. Maybe even just couch co-op/mp. That should in a way be easier than an entire server and matchmaking infrastructure, right?
    delfloria wrote: »

Sorry vr did nothing for me in the 90’s and it still does nothing for me…

Looking forward to the game and also as controversial as it is don’t need multiplayer
    Risico007 wrote: »
    delfloria wrote: »

Sorry vr did nothing for me in the 90’s and it still does nothing for me…

Looking forward to the game and also as controversial as it is don’t need multiplayer

Even the PSVR2? That said, I do know that VR is not for everybody and there are people who it does not resonate with. Just is what it is. For me, the experience of actually being inside the world of the game is just mind blowing and I've been playing in VR for the last four years and I can never get enough. Flat gaming separates me way too much from the visceral experience that VR provides. I look forward to walking around in Blofeld's volcano lair some day.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I definitely don't see this game having the kind of multiplayer experience Bond fans of old expect. Couldn't imagine there being anything remotely close to a Goldeneye styled shooter MP where you fast off in shootouts with other agents. If anything, I could see there being leaderboards that keep track of how fast you complete certain missions, or track what proficiency you beat missions with that would compare/contrast your achievement with those of your friends and the wider playerbase. But I don't imagine there would be any direct player vs. player dynamic or modes on offer.

I think the game will be Bond in his own world separate from everything before, with IO's own trademark style and elements. There won't be a connection to the movies, short of similar iconography and maybe some cheeky references, but we won't see levels that recreate the films or anything like that. And I personally have no issue with it. I trust IO to make a new Bond for a new era and in a new form, in the first non movie tie-in game we've had in eons of time. So exciting, given how fresh and interesting that will feel.
    Agreed look I have a feeling this will be Bond’s Arkham asylum

I still wish a Company had the balls to take the post Fleming novels and turn them into games because come on Colonel sun has whole chapters that feel like they could be cool levels… just me really

Sigh

But yeah looking forward to this game hope it comes before the end of the world lol
    Hopefully we get a first look in a year or two. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Fingers crossed they're already in the early stages of working on more Hitman too.
  • @Creasy47 As I understand, they are giving the Hitman series a rest for a while. Probably until the 007 Project is finished.
    @Creasy47 As I understand, they are giving the Hitman series a rest for a while. Probably until the 007 Project is finished.

The big and impatient fan in me hopes they're at least compiling some ideas for the future, as they announced a couple years back there would be more to come, but you're right, I'm sure nearly all of their resources are being sunk into Project 007, which is equally exciting.
  • I still have my fingers crossed for character customization in this game.
    I figure they'll have their own predetermined character but a "Build your own Bond" system would be very cool too.
    I figure they'll have their own predetermined character but a "Build your own Bond" system would be very cool too.

I imagine they will have a James Bond for the single player story, but if there is a multiplayer component, it would be cool to design your own 00 agent.
    Given the bungling of their last MP attempt in Hitman 2, I hope this one is strictly single player focused (and hopefully able to be played offline while retaining all unlocks and whatnot, or whatever systems they implement).
    They are creating their own Bond. Most likely this is Bond at the beginning of his career.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    edited August 2023 Posts: 1,419
    Christ. If they are doing "James Bond 007 is a code name" I'm not playing. There is no "first Bond" that isn't Connery.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 975
    Sorry @LucknFate but you're wrong, THERE IS another first James Bond.
    Lucien_Midnight_photograph_of_literary_James_Bond_in_a_tux_whit_2ffcdf03-d71e-4215-9f9b-33ae7a98492b.png?width=573&height=573
    The Literary Bond.
  • edited August 2023 Posts: 2,010
    IOI’s 3D Bond;

o-BARRY-NELSON-facebook.jpg