The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 2023 Posts: 23,102
    Not a great day points wise on Saturday though Ward despite conceding managed to get me 11 points.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Absolutely stunned by that game yesterday. Anfield isn't an easy place to go by any means but to ship six goals in 45 minutes is astonishingly shameful.

I don't know if it's fatigue or if it was poor tactics from the boss, but United managed to make a Liverpool side (who are having a massively disappointing season) look like prime Barcelona.

Seven goals from eight shots on target is an incredible statistic.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Absolutely stunned by that game yesterday. Anfield isn't an easy place to go by any means but to ship six goals in 45 minutes is astonishingly shameful.

I don't know if it's fatigue or if it was poor tactics from the boss, but United managed to make a Liverpool side (who are having a massively disappointing season) look like prime Barcelona.

Seven goals from eight shots on target is an incredible statistic.

It was suicide football, Just got to take it on the chin, 3 points dropped onto the next game.

To be honest I thought United would have hit a wall earlier either against Barca or Newcastle as we were starting to look tired a few weeks ago. I rather win the two aforementioned games, Ten Hag really should have shut up shop and accepted a 2 or 3 nil loss.
  • edited March 2023 Posts: 17,241
    Finally home again, and available to have a look at gameweeks 25 and 26! Wow, what can you say; gameweek 25 was the highest scoring gameweek so far, if I remember correctly: an average of 74 points is quite a contrast to gameweek 26's 43 points – both being double gameweeks as well! A lot of managers will look at gameweek 26 as a gameweek where a lot went wrong. It was the gameweek many chose the play their wildcards, but a number of the popular picks failed to deliver. Looking at our league though, we have teams that have done really well over the past couple of gameweeks – scoring some impressive gameweek scores. AC Miami had an incredible gameweek 25, scoring 123 points and securing a gameweek rank of 64 050 (!). Topping that, was ابو كاتم 's gameweek 26 score of 43 762(!!), finishing the gameweek with 91 points. Congratulations to both! =D>

2ExAbU9.jpg
    lZlsDZz.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7: –
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    GW 11: Upset
    GW 12: GuinnessLover
    GW 13: FC Nostromo
    GW 14: FC Nostromo
    GW 15: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 16: E J Ibanga
    GW 17: Cremonese-killen
    GW 18: E J Ibanga
    GW 19: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 20: MEJICO POWA
    GW 21: E J Ibanga
    GW 22: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 23: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 24: MEJICO POWA
    GW 25: AC Miami
    GW 26: ابو كاتم
    _______

We have another deadline this Saturday, at 11:00 UK time. Make sure to have your teams ready by then!
    Still giddy after the Bournemouth game. Didn't get the chance to watch anything but the first half as I was travelling, but watching the highlights after the game was more than enough. What a performance by Nelson, who hasn't had an easy time at Arsenal. Don't know what this means for his Arsenal career, but I won't be surprised if he's offered a new contract should he keep his performances up until the end of the season.
    I am shocked by my rank jump the last two GW's, it just illustrates how things can change very quickly, a top 100K finish is back on... I am currently just outside top 200K.
    I am shocked by my rank jump the last two GW's, it just illustrates how things can change very quickly, a top 100K finish is back on... I am currently just outside top 200K.

I'm down to 711k myself :))

No idea what to do this GW I still have 3 chips left so really need a strategy with the mammoth GW in GW29.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

I'm down to 69,822 from a best of about 6000.
    I think i'm losing the players.... :))

I'm down to 69,822 from a best of about 6000.
    I think i'm losing the players.... :))

That's still a very, very good rank though!
    Here are the gameweek 27 captaincy picks!
    Toney: 8
    Mitoma: 3
    Haaland: 2
    De Bruyne: 1
    Salah:
    Kane: 1
    Martinelli: 1
    Mbuemo: 1

We have another doble gameweek ahead of us, and this time around the captaincy might not be that easy, as the Brighton mids and Toney are all good captaincy shouts. The mjority of our league has backed Toney for the captaincy, while three managers have backed Mitoma to deliver. Haaland is backed by two managers as well, making the final captaincy option backed by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!
    Been busy so did not check my team, I am pretty sure I put Captaincy on Toney though I must have not saved it. Inexplicably Haaland is my Captain. This GW is a total right off for me, I forgot to bring in double GW players, not had time.
    Been busy so did not check my team, I am pretty sure I put Captaincy on Toney though I must have not saved it. Inexplicably Haaland is my Captain. This GW is a total right off for me, I forgot to bring in double GW players, not had time.

Happens to all of us. Sometimes missing a deadline turns out to be a blessing in disguise, so don't write it off just yet!

Happens to all of us. Sometimes missing a deadline turns out to be a blessing in disguise, so don't write it off just yet!

Thankfully Haaland scored and Toney blanked and more importantly Liverpool lost. Despite having 3 Liverpool assets glad they came unstuck :))

Thankfully Haaland scored and Toney blanked and more importantly Liverpool lost. Despite having 3 Liverpool assets glad they came unstuck :))

I feared Toney might blank today, which he did. Still the one game to get something from, though. I was really struggling with the captaincy this week; the armband was on Mitoma for quite some time, but I felt Toney was safer. Haaland was in consideration too but my rank suggested I had o go for a DGW player instead.
    Arsenal losing to Sporting a surprise though I guess it means they can focus on the league without distraction. With Arsenal going out United have a great chance at winning 3 Trophies.

FPL wise me not bringing in Double GW players was a disaster.
    If my squad was not thin enough going into the next Blank GW, now two of my players are injured and may not start. Hits incoming...

@Torgeirtrap do you think Saliba will recover for the weekend?
    Arsenal losing to Sporting a surprise though I guess it means they can focus on the league without distraction. With Arsenal going out United have a great chance at winning 3 Trophies.

On one hand I'm a bit glad Arsenal don't have any Thursday night football to worry about. On the other hand, I think if they had gone for it (team selections suggest Arteta wasn't making EL a priority), they might have been in for a shot at winning the EL trophy. I think the differences between Arsenal and City will eventually show (just look at Haaland scoring five alone earlier this week), and that Arsenal should have approached the EL like they have the PL.
    If my squad was not thin enough going into the next Blank GW, now two of my players are injured and may not start. Hits incoming...

Hits are likely for me too. But I have no idea right now which move I want to make.

I'm not sure. I missed the situation which led to him being subbed, but it looks like he's being assessed over the next 48hrs on a back problem…
    Here's a look at gameweek 27 before the deadline tonight! Gameweek 27 was a high scoring gameweek, with the average gameweek score at 63 points. We had several great scores in our league, and some teams even reached the 100 points mark. Best of us all was AC Miami, finishing the gameweek at 197 points and a gameweek rank of 95 105. Congratulations! =D>

S9XrVsd.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 27: AC Miami
    _______

Remember the deadline tonight, at 18:30 UK time!

On one hand I'm a bit glad Arsenal don't have any Thursday night football to worry about. On the other hand, I think if they had gone for it (team selections suggest Arteta wasn't making EL a priority), they might have been in for a shot at winning the EL trophy. I think the differences between Arsenal and City will eventually show (just look at Haaland scoring five alone earlier this week), and that Arsenal should have approached the EL like they have the PL.

Hits are likely for me too. But I have no idea right now which move I want to make.

I'm not sure. I missed the situation which led to him being subbed, but it looks like he's being assessed over the next 48hrs on a back problem…

I have made one transfer so far any more will be Hits, I will have to decide which striker to bring in to temporally replace Haaland.
    I can't believe this I brought in Almiron a few hours ago and now he is red flagged, nightmare.
    Made another transfer I have 11 players though 3 are flagged as doubts. I am just going to leave it, often blank GW's don't amount to much. I have to work so can't spend anymore time on my team.

The Almiron situation #-o
    Just took another Hit :)) oh well lets see what happens...

I have made one transfer so far any more will be Hits, I will have to decide which striker to bring in to temporally replace Haaland.

Ended up replacing Haaland, knowing it will be short term. Made a mess of it though, and mistakenly replaced Henry instead of Estupiñán for Chillwell, which meant I had to take a hit, replacing March with Maddison. And then I forgot to bench Raya for Arrizabalaga as originally planned! Oh well, I don't expect much from this gameweek anyway.
    We get a break from our FPL teams now that the international break is underway, but let's have a look at how gameweek 28 went! After a high scoring double gameweek in gameweek 27, the average for gameweek 28 was considerably lower, at 33 points. We had plenty of higher scores in our league this gameweek, with a shared top spot for Cremonese-killen and Dinamo Skruknott – both scoring 57 points. Congratulations! =D>

7hMx9tk.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 27: AC Miami
    GW 28: Cremonese-killen & Dinamo Skruknott
    _______

There's no Premier League actions this weekend, but we're back to usual Sat 1 Apr 11:00 UK time!
    Unsurprising Spurs part ways with Conte, not sure why it did not happen earlier.

No looked at my FPL team for a while, enjoyed the break to be honest I think I have plenty of Double GW players already so time to use a chip, I still have 3 chips to use.
    Unsurprising Spurs part ways with Conte, not sure why it did not happen earlier.

No looked at my FPL team for a while, enjoyed the break to be honest I think I have plenty of Double GW players already so time to use a chip, I still have 3 chips to use.

Same here, haven't looked at my team during the break. Not sure what I want to do before the deadline just yet: anything from not doing much at all, to multiple transfers and playing a chip is in consideration!

Same here, haven't looked at my team during the break. Not sure what I want to do before the deadline just yet: anything from not doing much at all, to multiple transfers and playing a chip is in consideration!

Just heard Haaland is injured? I really need to look at my team tomorrow if I get chance.
    Just looked at my squad its decimated by injuries, I have no idea what to do i did not want to use my Wildcard this GW. Thankfully I have Saturday off so it will give me a few hours to make changes then.

Bringing in Almiron for a hit literally minutes before he was red flagged is a major thorn in my squad.

Just heard Haaland is injured? I really need to look at my team tomorrow if I get chance.

He is, but it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't as injured as reported…

Botman and Rashford are my injury doubts. This could affect my transfer planning, but need more information before thinking about any replacements.

I think this will be a gameweek where many managers end up taking hits. Even though you might end up replacing Almirón again, there are many managers that are also forced to transfer out their injured players.