The NEW AND IMPROVED James Bond Trivia Quiz

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Nothing from SPECTRE.

Or Agent of SPECTRE.
    Is it Die Another Day when Moneypenny uses the VR glasses right before the end credits?
    Nothing from DAD.
    Bond goes to France in this one.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    So this must be either TB, DAF (Marie in the PTS), AVTAK, or NSNA. I failed to find the scene in any of those.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited March 2023 Posts: 8,655
    Or CR 67? I'll just say CR 67 to avoid having to even browse through that movie again.

EDIT: I managed to just watch the Q scene - if it's the only one - on YouTube, and it doesn't reflect the scene description either. I guess I give up on this.
    It's none of those films mentioned.
    Then I don't know in which other film Bond goes to France.
    Any further hints from you, @QBranch? Or did I miss something when checking the films discussed?
    I didn't say it was from a film.
    Well, I suppose it must be from a cartoon then...or one wouldn't "see" the missing gadget otherwise. I'm afraid I won't get any further really. Is it from "Solstice" (cf. your Théâtre de Paris question on the Geoguesser thread)? It's the only one I now know the name of.
    Yes indeed, that's the one!

Read the comic, it's one of the best.

https://read-comic.com/james-bond-solstice-2017/
    Yes, thanks. I read it in the meantime and it is indeed quite good. Bond seems to be pretty close to Fleming's character, albeit transferred to current times.

I'll revert with the next question within a day or so.
    I don't know if this has been done before (sounds like it could be), but:

Sort these movies by body counts (people killed not just by JB, but in the movie as such). Most stiffs = No. 1, fewest stiffs = No. 6

AVTAK
    GE
    TB
    TSWLM
    TWINE
    YOLT

My list above is purely alphabetical and gives no clue to the order I'm looking for. (Also, I didn't count them all myself but have to rely on someone else. Feel free to correct me in the end.)
    Anyone care to guess?
    edited March 2023 Posts: 13,879
    Wild guess here:

YOLT
    GE
    TWINE
    TB
    TSWLM
    AVTAK
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    This is tough but I'll give it a go:

GE
    YOLT
    TSWLM
    TB
    AVTAK
    TWINE
    @QBranch - your nos. 1 and 6 are in the correct position. The rest, not so.

@Dragonpol - none of yours are in the correct position.

PS: This suddenly reminds me of Wordle...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    @QBranch - your nos. 1 and 6 are in the correct position. The rest, not so.

@Dragonpol - none of yours are in the correct position.

PS: This suddenly reminds me of Wordle...

I knew I wouldn't get it right! I have heard that Bond kills the most people in one film in GE so I was basing it off of that.
    Well, now you know that YOLT is no. 1 and AVTAK no. 6, there should be a way to arrange the other four which are incorrect in both your postings (though there are still several possibilities, but at least in the round after next of guessing it should be clear, I suppose).

Edit to @Dragonpol: As for GE, maybe so, but remember this is not about Bond's kills only.
    I'll just save this from potential oblivion again. Doesn't anybody read statistics? :-)
    I also try to revive this:
    Sort these movies by body counts (people killed not just by JB, but in the movie as such). Most stiffs = No. 1, fewest stiffs = No. 6

AVTAK
    GE
    TB
    TSWLM
    TWINE
    YOLT

@QBranch already found out that YOLT is no. 1 and AVTAK is no. 6. My figures are based on a statistic found on a non-US or -UK Bond fansite, but I find them plausible.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    YOLT
    TSWLM
    TB
    TWINE
    GE
    AVTAK

Doesn't GE make a point of not killing cops etc.?
    If we're looking at the same source (and I believe we do -https://www.007museum.com/kill_in_bondfilm.htm) you have TWINE and GE mixed up. But anyway, I guess it's now settled.

Looking forward to your next trivia question.

edited May 2023 Posts: 1,419
    The original director reached for making Quantum of Solace passed away in 2021. Who was it, and why didn't they stick around to finish the movie?
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Not sure who the person was, but the reason was Tosca isn't for everyone! :)
    It was Roger Michell, who quit in 2006. Tosca isn't mentioned, but IMDb quotes him as saying: "It was because in the end I didn't feel comfortable with the Bond process, and I was very nervous that there was a start date but really no script at all. And I like to be very well prepared as a director."
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    It was Roger Michell, who quit in 2006. Tosca isn't mentioned, but IMDb quotes him as saying: "It was because in the end I didn't feel comfortable with the Bond process, and I was very nervous that there was a start date but really no script at all. And I like to be very well prepared as a director."

Over to you.
    Which line of the first Bond theatrical movie shown on U.S. TV was edited out at the request of one of the premiere sponsors (and which sponsor was it)?

(I'm trying to have this need a bit less of sophistication than I would normally wish to, just to get a higher rate of strokes. It should not last too long.)
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Any clues or does someone wish to take a stab at this.
    Maybe the line about heroin in GF.