The NEW AND IMPROVED James Bond Trivia Quiz

j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
in Trivia & Games Posts: 8,657
Hi to those interested or lured by the thread title: After consulting with the mods, I'm transferring the loose end from the original "The James Bond Trivia Quiz" thread to this one. The reason, as some of you more recent participants in it experienced yourselves, is that the previous thread's marking did not change from "read" to "unread" when there was a new posting, so no one was alerted that something had been added. I hope we won't have this problem with the new one.

The current question (mine :-) ) is the following:

Which of the five doesn't fit (one of them is a bit of recycling here, if you care to browse through the old thread):

Allegro
Mr. Simon
Gardien des Étoiles
Kirk B.
Roi des Signes III

As I already said on the original thread, I'm just not so sure if the last one shouldn't be called "Roi des Singes III" (not ...Signes), but I don't feel like checking and either one may apply, which doesn't really make a difference for the question.

Additional hint: It once more does have something to do with the subject of transportation.

The old thread will remain for reference, but (@DarthDimi ?) it may make sense to close that one to avoid irritation. I apologize to the early founders of the original thread from twelve years ago.

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    There are several threads which don't update a new post, the 'Bond comments while you watch' being another. A bit of trivia there.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    QBranch wrote: »
    There are several threads which don't update a new post, the 'Bond comments while you watch' being another. A bit of trivia there.

Maybe someone should set up a new one for that thread as well. But thanks, @QBranch,
    you tested this one and it worked now.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I support this new thread as described.

Beyond that and for what it's worth I suggest no similar closure/new threads being established (for the reason that new posts don't flag.). Long term it extinguishes board history and is a loss to potential discussion.

Folks can bookmark threads of interest to them, I note. To quickly follow up on their interests.

Regardless, Bruce abides.

• goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Gardien des étoiles is the name of Bond's boat in QoS. I don't know the rest, sorry.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Gardien des étoiles is the name of Bond's boat in QoS. I don't know the rest, sorry.

Well, that's a worthy first step.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

The breakneck editing must be to blame. It always is with QoS.
    edited February 2023 Posts: 8,657
    Well, I don't want to give away too much...but there is more to see if one tries. Even in QoS.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2023 Posts: 14,861
    I support this new thread as described.

Beyond that and for what it's worth I suggest no similar closure/new threads being established (for the reason that new posts don't flag.). Long term it extinguishes board history and is a loss to potential discussion.

Folks can bookmark threads of interest to them, I note. To quickly follow up on their interests.

Regardless, Bruce abides.

For the sake of posterity, here's a link back to the previous trivia game thread for anyone who wants to comb back through it :D

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/488/the-james-bond-movie-trivia-quiz/p1
    mtm wrote: »

For the sake of posterity, here's a link back to the previous trivia game thread for anyone who wants to comb back through it :D

Well, that makes sense, although I thought I had already posted that. But now I think I only posted the link to the new thread in the old one.

Anyway, people, what else besides le "Gardien des Étoiles"? Don't try to hide behind cameramen jumping on trampolines etc. here.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »

Well, that makes sense, although I thought I had already posted that. But now I think I only posted the link to the new thread in the old one.

Anyway, people, what else besides le "Gardien des Étoiles"? Don't try to hide behind cameramen jumping on trampolines etc. here.

You did, but the thread didn't bump. ;)
    Well, no, I didn't post the link to the original thread at all. Even if it would not have bumped...as before.
    Well, no, I didn't post the link to the original thread at all. Even if it would not have bumped...as before.

No, it was just my silly joke. I'm like that sometimes when I see an opportunity.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

No, it was just my silly joke. I'm like that sometimes when I see an opportunity.

That's fine. Sometimes I wonder if I'd rather lose a friend or a punchline. :-)
    I think I got it: All five are names we can spot on ships / boats. Four of them in QOS and only one in DN: Kirk B in the beginning of DN.
    Very good, @goldenswissroyale. That's exactly the solution. So now let's get this new thread on track and keep going. Your turn!
    A quick one: in which Bond movie (and location) was a scene with Q and animals shortened? The animals still can be spotted briefly.
  • JustJamesJustJames London
    Tomorrow Never Dies. ‘Twas a Jaguar for another double oh, who didn’t fancy the Aston.
    Well done. Over to you @JustJames
    That's a nasty one. Couldn't have guessed, and wondered about the latest Q and his nude cat.
    @JustJames - it's your turn to post the next question. Any idea?
    Sorry for the delay, better think of something quick.
    Ok.
    There are two starring Bond watches on NATO straps in the Craig Era, both harkening back to that seen on Connery’s wrist in the sixties… but, in this modern era, which films are they in and on whose wrist?
    Thanks, @JustJames. Haven't thought about it yet but appreciate your input.
    I'm not sure I understand all of the question..."two starring Bond watches on NATO straps". I must admit I don't know what "NATO straps" are, to say the very least. At least I feel confused.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Finally got mine on the Swatch 2Q. Looks like this on a Rolex.

Sean-Connery-nylon-watch-strap-Goldfinger-1964-focus-1.jpg
    s-l500.gif

Bond's watch in Spectre, and Nomi's watch in NTTD.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Bond's watch in Spectre, and Nomi's watch in NTTD.

Correct xD your turn.
    I must admit that I never noticed the straps, nor most of the watches. So I learned something new this time.
    Cheers, @JustJames.

In which Bond adventure does Q suspect Bond of stealing one of his gadgets, but we see later on that another MI6 employee actually took it?
    This actually sounded familiar to me initially, but in spite of looking at "Q scene" compilations on YouTube, I haven't found it so far.
    My gut feeling is SPECTRE, based on nothing more than the whole main team being off piste, and the appropriation of the car. I can’t pin it down though, but the feels like where it would have happened — likely either M or Moneypenny.