Remastered GoldenEye 007 for Xbox and Nintendo Switch Announced - Releases 27 January 2023

124»

Comments

• RyanRyan Canada
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Jeez control is next to impossible on secret agent can someone teach me their god like talents on how to beat it

This is my approach, and as long as you've got some clean aiming the 10:00 target for the cheat isn't too difficult to grab in the process. It's one of the more forgiving times for essentially just playing the level as you would.

First, stay in the elevator to take out the first drone gun. Exit straight so the other drone doesn't see you, and take out the first guy you see. Two more will come running so gun them down too. Hug the wall to take out the second drone gun, and then creep around to take out the third. Finish off the remaining three guys in the room and get Natalya. Done.

Next room after she opens the door - stay at a distance and gun down the two guys where the mines are. Quickly run down to get the mines, and stay for a moment while you wait for those guys at the crates to grenade themselves. Sneak back up and finish any remaining ones.

You're relatively safe from here to continue on to where Boris is. Just be mindful of the guards (and don't forget there's a body armor up where Boris disappears that appears on all three difficulties).

Now, the sentry room with the mainframe terminal. Those guards are pretty easy to lure out, so lure them out and then destroy the drone guns from a safe distance. Run in fast so you can avoid the two drones on the sides (don't bother trying to destroy them unless you've managed to pick up a grenade or two). Blow up the mainframe, and quickly run back out.

Then open the door to let Natalya in and while she's situating herself blow up the two mainframes upstairs and the two where Boris was. Then catch up with Natalya and begin the protection sequence. My trick is to just run back and forth between the stairs and execute some careful head shots to get as many guards as possible. If they bust the glass, just listen closely. The guards with hats shoot you, and the guards without hats shoot Natalya, so try to prioritize.

Once she heads back up the stairs, she's pretty safe so run into the last mainframe room, blow it up, and make a run to the elevator to end the level. Gun down the guards in your path and try to stay as much out of 006's line of sight as possible.

Good luck!
  • Slazenger7Slazenger7 Gothenburg, Sweden
    A little disappointed that you can’t seem to play online multiplayer on Switch with random people, and jump into matches. Instead you can only play with friends. So if anyone is up for some games like it’s 1997, send me PM and let’s add eachother :)
    Ryan wrote: »
    Jeez control is next to impossible on secret agent can someone teach me their god like talents on how to beat it

This is my approach, and as long as you've got some clean aiming the 10:00 target for the cheat isn't too difficult to grab in the process. It's one of the more forgiving times for essentially just playing the level as you would.

First, stay in the elevator to take out the first drone gun. Exit straight so the other drone doesn't see you, and take out the first guy you see. Two more will come running so gun them down too. Hug the wall to take out the second drone gun, and then creep around to take out the third. Finish off the remaining three guys in the room and get Natalya. Done.

Next room after she opens the door - stay at a distance and gun down the two guys where the mines are. Quickly run down to get the mines, and stay for a moment while you wait for those guys at the crates to grenade themselves. Sneak back up and finish any remaining ones.

You're relatively safe from here to continue on to where Boris is. Just be mindful of the guards (and don't forget there's a body armor up where Boris disappears that appears on all three difficulties).

Now, the sentry room with the mainframe terminal. Those guards are pretty easy to lure out, so lure them out and then destroy the drone guns from a safe distance. Run in fast so you can avoid the two drones on the sides (don't bother trying to destroy them unless you've managed to pick up a grenade or two). Blow up the mainframe, and quickly run back out.

Then open the door to let Natalya in and while she's situating herself blow up the two mainframes upstairs and the two where Boris was. Then catch up with Natalya and begin the protection sequence. My trick is to just run back and forth between the stairs and execute some careful head shots to get as many guards as possible. If they bust the glass, just listen closely. The guards with hats shoot you, and the guards without hats shoot Natalya, so try to prioritize.

Once she heads back up the stairs, she's pretty safe so run into the last mainframe room, blow it up, and make a run to the elevator to end the level. Gun down the guards in your path and try to stay as much out of 006's line of sight as possible.

Good luck!

I was on the last line of dialogue when of course Natalya gets killed I am like yelling at the tv “TYPE FASTER NATALYA”
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Control is definitely the most frustrating Natalya mission. Bunker II seems to carry that reputation but you can just leave her in the cell while you do the objectives so she's never really in the way. She's also very helpful on Jungle if you keep pace with her. Control though? Hurry up with the hacking!

I still find Caverns on 00 Agent to be the most unforgiving mission. No body armor, lots of armored guards, that "Contact Wade" objective being surrounded by explosives and grenade throwing enemies, drone guns, spawning RC-P90 guards, etc... It's intense!

But I managed to finally get the cheat on it last night after many attempts. On one attempt I died right at the elevator at the end. It was heartbreaking! But that concludes nearly every Xbox achievement. There were some issues with the Xbox server on Sunday so I have to re-do some of the 00 Agent missions to trigger the achievement for completing the story, and then just two more multiplayer achievements and GoldenEye becomes the first ever game I've gotten a complete gamer score on.
    Control is definitely the most frustrating Natalya mission. Bunker II seems to carry that reputation but you can just leave her in the cell while you do the objectives so she's never really in the way. She's also very helpful on Jungle if you keep pace with her. Control though? Hurry up with the hacking!

I still find Caverns on 00 Agent to be the most unforgiving mission. No body armor, lots of armored guards, that "Contact Wade" objective being surrounded by explosives and grenade throwing enemies, drone guns, spawning RC-P90 guards, etc... It's intense!

But I managed to finally get the cheat on it last night after many attempts. On one attempt I died right at the elevator at the end. It was heartbreaking! But that concludes nearly every Xbox achievement. There were some issues with the Xbox server on Sunday so I have to re-do some of the 00 Agent missions to trigger the achievement for completing the story, and then just two more multiplayer achievements and GoldenEye becomes the first ever game I've gotten a complete gamer score on.

Can you come over to my house to play control for me on secrets and 00 agent the rest I will beat my self lmao
  • RyanRyan Canada

Can you come over to my house to play control for me on secrets and 00 agent the rest I will beat my self lmao

Just move to the southern tip of Ontario and you've got yourself a deal!

Control 00 Agent was actually one of the missions I had to do again to trigger the achievement. Ironically, I had more trouble the second time around. On one of my attempts I had double glass breaking guards at the same time and in my quick succession of trying to take them both out I may or may not have shot Natalya myself.

Control 00 Agent was actually one of the missions I had to do again to trigger the achievement. Ironically, I had more trouble the second time around. On one of my attempts I had double glass breaking guards at the same time and in my quick succession of trying to take them both out I may or may not have shot Natalya myself.

What gun are you using I am assuming the D5K Deutsche and not the PPK

Cause I did this before in fact I beat Egyptian I know I did so I had of beat the whole thing in 00 agent mode but honestly for the life of me I can’t remember how
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just found a copy of Quantum of Solace in a charity shop for £2...

IYxj3yf.jpg
    The bad news as we all know the game is not backward compatible, the good news is I still have a Xbox 360 in storage.

I have a week off tomorrow so its a bit of a retro Bond game week ahead with QoS and GE007.
    Aaaaaaa I beat the Natalya part only to have myself die five second later
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Trying to keep Natalya alive was my least favorite part of the game.
  • RyanRyan Canada

What gun are you using I am assuming the D5K Deutsche and not the PPK

Cause I did this before in fact I beat Egyptian I know I did so I had of beat the whole thing in 00 agent mode but honestly for the life of me I can’t remember how

I use the PPK as much as possible and try for headshots in the earlier area of the mission. If you fire single shots it doesn't alert the other guards as quickly as a louder succession of bullets. The bonus is you also save on ammo. Once I get to the Boris area and have to deal with the sentry room I switch to the D5K, which I roll with for the protection sequence. It's not as accurate though so bursts of body shots are a must.

Since you can take your time for the initial areas before you have to protect Natalya, try to conserve as much health as possible (and grab that body armor up top where Boris goes). You can also place a mine or two on the stairs that lead up to this area since this is where most of the spawning guards come from. Keep your eyes peeled and detonate if necessary to take out a cluster.

If you haven't already noticed, the old "hold A+B together trick" from the N64 to detonate mines without switching to the watch still works on the Xbox. You just have to press the two buttons together that are assigned to switching weapons and the action button (A+X in my case). Just another trick to avoid having to switch to the watch detonator and possibly taking extra hits in the process.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

IYxj3yf.jpg
    The bad news as we all know the game is not backward compatible, the good news is I still have a Xbox 360 in storage.

I have a week off tomorrow so its a bit of a retro Bond game week ahead with QoS and GE007.

What a steal.

Did this one have offline MP with bots or was it online only? It's been so long since I played, I can't remember.
    edited February 2023 Posts: 23,104
    Creasy47 wrote: »

IYxj3yf.jpg

What a steal.

Did this one have offline MP with bots or was it online only? It's been so long since I played, I can't remember.

Not sure I am not hooked up to the internet on my 360 at present also my 360 profile is different to my Xbox One profile. When i first had QoS I don't think i played it online. I will have a better look at the game tomorrow when off work.

Shear fluke finding the game I had to ran into town to pick an item up though the post office was shut, I walked a different route home than usual and a charity shop I passed was still open so had a quick look in and found QoS much to my surprise.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, gotta love how the universe works sometimes!

I just did a quick Google search instead, seems the 360 version is online only (and I believe the MP servers are entirely shut down now), whereas the Wii version, of all things, has offline MP. What a damn shame.
    I have died twice after getting objective b completed does anyone have tips for dealing with the stress and not breaking you controller
    I have died twice after getting objective b completed does anyone have tips for dealing with the stress and not breaking you controller

The only tip I've ever had for such aggression is putting the game aside, getting up early the next morning, and you almost always will nail the challenge/mission in an attempt or two. It works wonders for me and I've no idea why.
    I DID IT I BEAT I FEEL ALIVE(composes self)

I was able to accomplish the task sir on to the next mission
    edited February 2023 Posts: 23,104
    I am so glad I held on to my Xbox 360 as I just found and bought a copy of GoldenEye Reloaded 007 MI6 Edition very cheap.

I now have...
    GoldenEye 007 Remastered
    GoldenEye Reloaded 007 MI6 Edition
    Quantum of Solace.

My next target is Blood Stone on my Bond game revisit.
    Ok so I have a second high risk high reward solution for caverns that I will try tonight I honestly believe that is the next level to fall… I did beat Aztec in secret agent over the weekend so now it’s 6 levels in stead of technically 7 honestly once I do beat everything in 00 I am never playing the game again
    Rare Replay game package that contains GoldenEye is currently on sale on Xbox for £4.99.
    Found a very good deal on an Xbox Series X finally so I've been nostalgically loving blowing through GoldenEye Remastered this weekend. It's a blast getting to return to this after all these years.