The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Despite being 2 - 0 up Forest making it difficult for United.
    Rashford off had a knock, Garnacho on.

Anything serious?
    Despite being 2 - 0 up Forest making it difficult for United.

They are not a bad team, Forest. I hope they can manage to get enough points to stay up in the Prem.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Rashford probably just precaution.

Martinez is one of the best all round defenders I have seen, he is everywhere and technically brilliant.
    3 - 0 Bruno hopefully United can rest players for second leg.
    Rashford probably just precaution.

Martinez is one of the best all round defenders I have seen, he is everywhere and technically brilliant.

Good! Don't think my FPL team can handle any injuries now :))
    3 - 0 Bruno hopefully United can rest players for second leg.

With 3-0 in the bag, that should not be an issue.
    After Manchester United's debacle of a season 21/22 the worst in our history. I am just happy we in such a short time are in contention for trophy's.

I am expecting Newcastle in the finall which will be incredibly tough.
    After Manchester United's debacle of a season 21/22 the worst in our history. I am just happy we in such a short time are in contention for trophy's.

I am expecting Newcastle in the finall which will be incredibly tough.

Add Newcastle to teams that have taken steps in recent seasons. Eddie Howe has done a great job with them so far.
    Big game tonight and an important one, I think who ever wins between City and Arsenal will gain confidence. the last thing Arsenal want is a thrashing in the cup before the league games.
    Arsenal had their moments, but this game really just showed why City are the team they are, and the depth of their squad. Arsenal only conceding one goal is a positive though.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 23,105
    Arsenal had their moments, but this game really just showed why City are the team they are, and the depth of their squad. Arsenal only conceding one goal is a positive though.

Arsenal were a good match though soon as I saw the line ups I questioned how much Arteta wanted this game, City clearly played a stronger team.

Arsenal are not playing again for 8 days, not sure why Arteta did not play his best 11?

Arsenal were a good match though soon as I saw the line ups I questioned how much Arteta wanted this game, City clearly played a stronger team.

Arsenal are not playing again for 8 days, not sure why Arteta did not play his best 11?

Yes, it looks like Arteta and Arsenal didn't prioritise the FA Cup looking at the lineups. Partey going off at half-time with no signs of an injury certainly made it look so.

Only speculation on my part, but the fact that there will be 8 days without a game for Arsenal, like you mention, I do wonder if Arteta didn't want to risk any injuries because they aren't likely to bring in any more players before the transfer window closes. With Elneny out for what looks to be a while, they are very light in midfield.

---

Yes, it looks like Arteta and Arsenal didn't prioritise the FA Cup looking at the lineups. Partey going off at half-time with no signs of an injury certainly made it look so.

Only speculation on my part, but the fact that there will be 8 days without a game for Arsenal, like you mention, I do wonder if Arteta didn't want to risk any injuries because they aren't likely to bring in any more players before the transfer window closes. With Elneny out for what looks to be a while, they are very light in midfield.

If Arteta is 100% focused on the league only time will tell if his decisions work.

Personally City are not at there best right now, Arsenal should have gone full strength for the win even more so as Arsenal are in at the top of there game currently.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited January 2023 Posts: 2,341

---

If Arteta is 100% focused on the league only time will tell if his decisions work.

Personally City are not at there best right now, Arsenal should have gone full strength for the win even more so as Arsenal are in at the top of there game currently.

It's hard to have any Liverpool players in the fpl team the way they are playing.
    Even Salah has lost his form.

Gordon seals £45m Newcastle move.

Chelsea have signed Lyon right-back Malo Gusto for £26.3m.

---

It's hard to have any Liverpool players in the fpl team the way they are playing.

Liverpool still have a lot of quality there midfield is he issue though Klopp is not addressing it or is not been given the funds.

As a United fan I know more than most everything is cyclical, Liverpool are in transition for sure.

---

Liverpool still have a lot of quality there midfield is he issue though Klopp is not addressing it or is not been given the funds.

As a United fan I know more than most everything is cyclical, Liverpool are in transition for sure.

Newcastle looks to be top a 4 club now that they have mega rich owners like city.
    Chelsea must have spent over $400 million for players this season which might be a record ?

Indeed. I think their objective is just as much about securing a CL spot; Arsenal have missed out on CL money for several years now, and qualification for the CL, the revenue it will bring in and the club becoming more attractive for new talent, is a big deal – and very much needed.

Arsenal are their own worst enemy though, and City are still City, so not expecting anything personally. But it's reassuring to see the way the club has worked recently.

Indeed. I think their objective is just as much about securing a CL spot; Arsenal have missed out on CL money for several years now, and qualification for the CL, the revenue it will bring in and the club becoming more attractive for new talent, is a big deal – and very much needed.

Arsenal are their own worst enemy though, and City are still City, so not expecting anything personally. But it's reassuring to see the way the club has worked recently.

Could be Arsenal's title if they stay injury free.

Arsenal have made a second bid for Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo worth £70m including add-ons. Rejected

Arsenal have made a second bid for Brighton midfielder Moises Caicedo worth £70m including add-ons. Rejected

That's usually been Arsenal's Achilles heel though, injuries. I hope they can strengthen the team before the deadline, but I'd be very surprised if Caicedo leaves Brighton midway through the season.
    A bit late, but here's the gameweek 21 update! There were many high scores in our league this gameweek, in a gameweek where also the average score was quite high, at 65 points. Comfortably beating the gameweek average was E J Ibanga, scoring 87 points – congratulations! =D>

dp05UoH.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    GW 2: GuinnessLover
    GW 3: Red Warriors
    GW 4: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: Team Xtreme
    GW 7: –
    GW 8: AC Miami
    GW 9: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 10: Liverpool Richmond & E J Ibanga
    GW 11: Upset
    GW 12: GuinnessLover
    GW 13: FC Nostromo
    GW 14: FC Nostromo
    GW 15: Hakuna Mateta !
    GW 16: E J Ibanga
    GW 17: Cremonese-killen
    GW 18: E J Ibanga
    GW 19: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 20: MEJICO POWA
    GW 21: E J Ibanga
    _______

It's easy to forget the deadline when it's been a while since the last one. The gameweek 22 deadline is this Friday, 3 Feb at 18:30 (UK time).

That's usually been Arsenal's Achilles heel though, injuries. I hope they can strengthen the team before the deadline, but I'd be very surprised if Caicedo leaves Brighton midway through the season.

Did you get a email from the PL about Sorare Fantasy Football ?
    Might be worth having a look. I joined.
    https://www.premierleague.com/news/3041553
    edited January 2023 Posts: 23,105
    Chelsea are buying players at an alarming rate.

Looks like Cancelo is off to Bayern, its a good job I am activating my Wildcard shortly.
    Erikson out for 3 months which is a huge blow, though Ten hag has managed to get Sabitzer on loan from Bayern which is a bit of a shrewd move, Ten Hag's link to Bayern would have been a contributing factor.

Sabitzer is a very good player and we are desperate for center midfielders, this signing could be the difference with us getting top 4 or not.

I don't think I did! Will have to check what it's all about. Thanks for the link, @007InAction!
    _______

No Caicedo to Arsenal, as expected really. With Jorginho Arsenal will get an experienced player, and I really hope this is a transfer that works better than the previous transfers from Chelsea to Arsenal…

And indeed, Chelsea are buying players at an alarming rate. I wonder how they manage to keep within FFP regulations?
    edited February 2023 Posts: 23,105
    Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood has all charges against him dropped

---

I don't think I did! Will have to check what it's all about. Thanks for the link, @007InAction!
    _______

No Caicedo to Arsenal, as expected really. With Jorginho Arsenal will get an experienced player, and I really hope this is a transfer that works better than the previous transfers from Chelsea to Arsenal…

And indeed, Chelsea are buying players at an alarming rate. I wonder how they manage to keep within FFP regulations?

Chelsea are putting players on 8 year contract to get around FFP. so technically if they buy Enzo for 100 million plus that overal outlay is divided by 8 seasons/years for example. Of course shelling out for all these players may cause issues with purchases later on.
    Still not got round to Hitting my wildcard though just looking at my team, i don't think it is necessary now. Though I need to sell Cancelo.
    Manchester United footballer Mason Greenwood has all charges against him dropped

---

_______

Chelsea are putting players on 8 year contract to get around FFP. so technically if they buy Enzo for 100 million plus that overal outlay is divided by 8 seasons/years for example. Of course shelling out for all these players may cause issues with purchases later on.

Surprising turn in the Greenwood case. One would think that with the sound record that is out there, and the nature of that recording, many clubs – including United obviously – might be very hesitant about letting him represent their club. But who knows.

Well, there's that loophole I guess. One that's bound to be changed probably, given Chelsea's spending spree.
    Still not got round to Hitting my wildcard though just looking at my team, i don't think it is necessary now. Though I need to sell Cancelo.

I've toyed with the idea of playing the wildcard too, as my team is in need of some changing. However, with doubles and blanks, it's not easy to decide when to play it. And thinking about it, there aren't that many players I feel i must bring in right now.

---

_______

Surprising turn in the Greenwood case. One would think that with the sound record that is out there, and the nature of that recording, many clubs – including United obviously – might be very hesitant about letting him represent their club. But who knows.

Well, there's that loophole I guess. One that's bound to be changed probably, given Chelsea's spending spree.

I've toyed with the idea of playing the wildcard too, as my team is in need of some changing. However, with doubles and blanks, it's not easy to decide when to play it. And thinking about it, there aren't that many players I feel i must bring in right now.

Just made one transfer so far, day off so time to mull over any other moves.

I can't see Greenwood ever playing for United again.

---

_______

Just made one transfer so far, day off so time to mull over any other moves.

I can't see Greenwood ever playing for United again.

I doubt we'll see him playing again too.

Two transfers for me – Andreas and Kane out, Nketiah and Fernandes in (-4). Don't know how I feel about those transfers really – I almost missed the deadline and those moves were done without much thinking behind it; only brought in Fernandes because I felt it was worth targeting the double when it was only for a -4.
    Been out cycling so missed the deadline lol

Going to watch Chelsea game, the English media getting over excited at Chelsea's squad and some claiming all other supporters are jealous. Personalty I could not care less, you can only play 11 players and teams need to gel. A price tag does not dictate whether a player will do well or not.
    Here are the gameweek 22 captaincy picks!
    Rashford: 10
    Haaland: 4
    Saka: 1
    Salah: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Fernandes: 1

It's no surprise to see Rashford topping our captaincy list, with his current run of form and a decent double gameweek for United. Rashfrd is captained by ten managers, and the only other player backed by more than one manager, is Haaland – who's backed by four managers. Good luck everyone!
    Been out cycling so missed the deadline lol

Going to watch Chelsea game, the English media getting over excited at Chelsea's squad and some claiming all other supporters are jealous. Personalty I could not care less, you can only play 11 players and teams need to gel. A price tag does not dictate whether a player will do well or not.

Easy to miss the deadline when it's a Friday night one!

Indeed. Although I think Chelsea will do well with some of their new players, it's a way to go to suddenly be competing with the likes of City.