The Black 007 meets Sir Roger Moore on The Graham Norton Show

edited July 2012 in Actors Posts: 66
This is me (Steve Thorpe) meeting Sir Roger Moore on The Graham Norton Show. My eldest son recorded it from the TV on his phone so the quality is not the best LoL! Fantastic day tho- meeting a legend!

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    You should consider yourself a lucky man, @Theblack007, however this isn't 'news'. Moved to Actors.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    How the hell did @DC007 get snubbed from this? I call shenanigans!!!
    Rog turning down a high 5 :))
  • LoL! I'm new here so I apologise if I'm posting in the wrong catagory or whatever....Aplogies also for my bad language but I'm from Essex so it's hard NOT to curse! LoL!
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Just watched this,,,very jealous mate. Nice work, the kazoo was brilliant. I saw you play at the conservatoire the other day, it was exquisite! lol.
  • LooooooL! @Monsieur_Aubergine - your Mr.Dalton line made me crack up! LoL! Great user name as well!!! LoL!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Steve, where in Essex do you live? I live in Rainham.
  • How the hell did @DC007 get snubbed from this? I call shenanigans!!!

I heard he was backstage polishing Sir Roger's power chair ;)
  • @doubleoego - I'm in Wickford mate!
    Its not The Graham Norton show....its some kind of different show called TOTALLY SATURDAY. The Graham Norton show is better then this, they should have Rog on it though.

Incidently, I was raised in Benfleet near Wickford.
    That's near southend right? I've never seen it on the C2C train map lol
  • Yeah- It's near Southend but it's on the Liverpool Street Line as opposed to the Fenchurch (C2C) Street!
    Ah, I see. But yes, congrats on getting on tv and meeting Roger. As a Bond fan, things like that are the stuff of dreams.
  • I've met Daniel Craig as well as I was at the premiere of QoS - He signed my CR DVD!
    Yeah- It's near Southend but it's on the Liverpool Street Line as opposed to the Fenchurch (C2C) Street!

No its on the Fenchurch St Line. Benfleet for Canvey Island. But I live in West London now.

Lucky man meeting Rog.

• edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Lucky you, meeting 2 Bonds!

I met Timothy Dalton at the Hot Fuzz premiere, it was a big suprise because I had no idea he was in the film, anyway I had no paper and nothing to do with Bond for him to sign, so he signed my Shaun Of The Dead DVD that I'd bought for Pegg and/or Frost.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 236
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    @doubleoego - I'm in Wickford mate!

Wickford? That's down the road from me, living in sunny Southend (at least today) as I do.

Essex people, eh? They get everywhere... ;)
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 236
    St_George wrote:

LOL Yep.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    What a lucky chap @TheBlack007. Congrats lad.
  • Sorry @actonsteve - I was replying to someone else when I talking about Liverpool St line.... I know Benfleet very well. I'm new on here so how do I reply to a specific comment on my discussion?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sorry @actonsteve - I was replying to someone else when I talking about Liverpool St line.... I know Benfleet very well. I'm new on here so how do I reply to a specific comment on my discussion?
    Click "Quote" on the post you want to reply to.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I remember watching this when it was first broadcast in the UK on 13th June 2009. Yes, I had to look that last part up!

This was MI6's original report on getting involved:

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=7552&t=mi6&s=ne

Sadly we can't see the responses but one or two were priceless. Ranging from, "I'm entering" to "not a chance, I can't stand Norton".

It's unbelievable to have someone on the forum from that video. Lucky guy @Theblack007!
  • Sorry @actonsteve - I was replying to someone else when I talking about Liverpool St line.... I know Benfleet very well. I'm new on here so how do I reply to a specific comment on my discussion?
    Click "Quote" on the post you want to reply to.

OK - Got it...nice one
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    I remember watching this when it was first broadcast in the UK on 13th June 2009. Yes, I had to look that last part up!

This was MI6's original report on getting involved:

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=7552&t=mi6&s=ne

Sadly we can't see the responses but one or two were priceless. Ranging from, "I'm entering" to "not a chance"!

It's unbelievable to have someone on the forum from that video. Lucky guy @Theblack007!

LoL! Yeah - It was my eldest son that spotted it and I was lucky enough to be one of the people chosen
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The signed poster is the icing on the cake. Do you have yours displayed?
  • Lucky you, meeting 2 Bonds!

I met Timothy Dalton at the Hot Fuzz premiere, it was a big suprise because I had no idea he was in the film, anyway I had no paper and nothing to do with Bond for him to sign, so he signed my Shaun Of The Dead DVD that I'd bought for Pegg and/or Frost.

LoL! Nice one!
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    The signed poster is the icing on the cake. Do you have yours displayed?

Yeah- I have a better one than the one they showed as I've got a MOONRAKER one.....The artwork is much better than the AVTAK one. It's framed and everything!
  • St_George wrote:
    @doubleoego - I'm in Wickford mate!

Wickford? That's down the road from me, living in sunny Southend (at least today) as I do.

I'm from Southend and I'm up there all the time.....My parents still live in Southend